1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Picked up AI: The Somnium Files during Black Friday. It’s a visual novel with some gameplay elements. One thing I really like about it is the optional English voice overs. Lot of VNs only have Japanese voices, if any at all. This VN is a murder mystery, you play as a detective on a special task force that uses a machine to enter dreams and gather information to help solve the case. It’s been really good so far.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    MLB The Show is officially coming to “other consoles” as early as 2021. MLB The Show is developed and published by Sony and has been a PlayStation exclusive since the start. Sony will continue to develop and I assume publish the game going forward but it seems MLB has pushed them to bring it to all platforms.

Since 2k stopped making baseball games years ago now, PlayStation has been the exclusive home of MLB... an not by choice, just no one else wanted to compete with MLB The Show. This has left MLB is a odd situation where the other 3 major US sports are represented on multiple platforms while baseball is only on one. This is a great move for MLB but I’m surprised Sony agreed, it’d be interesting to know how it all went down... what Sony got in return etc.

Along these same lines, Sony has finally gave in and Minecraft Bedrock is out now on PlayStation 4. With this release Xbox, Switch, PS4, PC and mobile devices will be able to play with each other.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Finished one route on AI: The Somnium Files and while I’m sorta satisfied with the result, this definitely is one you gotta play all the routes to get the full picture. They do make it very easy to do this though with a full story board as you progress.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Game Awards was last night, the show itself was solid... maybe a bit too long but the surprise of the night had to be Microsoft unveiling Projact Scarlett as Xbox Series X. A. What a strange name. B. What a stranger looking console. Like a mini fridge... BUT that means this thing should be very quiet, an to me that was super important.

I’m curious to see what Sony will do with the PS5 design, the PS4 Pro already had some problems with noise, especially the early models. It’s gonna have to have some size too because it’s not magic, these components are powerful an generate a lot of heat. Maybe they go for design at the cost of more noise? Especially with Xbox getting roasted for its functional design.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    I’ve been stalking Witcher 3 Switch on Best Buy since the sale on eShop was announced and it finally happened! Along with GCU and some rewards got it for $22! Would be a good game to have digital but at just under 32GB pre-patch, that’s just too much for me limited SD card space. Was also hoping for a Luigi Mansion 3 deal but no such luck.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Next Steam sale is rumored for Dec. 22nd, so just a few more days! GOG sale has been going for a while now and ends Jan. 2nd. If you are willing to use Epic Game Store, they will be giving away a game each of their sale, starting I think Dec. 19th. On consoles, PlayStation's end of year sale is on going and ends in a few days. Xbox should be kicking off a big sale soon. Nintendo may have one more soon too.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    Witcher 3 on Switch looks worse than I imagined, I knew what I was getting into but seeing it in person is a bit jarring. I am finding I get use to it though. Otherwise, it is Witcher 3 though and performance isn't super bad either... definitely drops at times but it's been pretty good, even in combat. Cut scenes are thankfully a bit better graphically so at least the story telling bits look pretty decent. An most importantly, Gwent looks absolutely fine!

Oh an even with the physical cart it adds another 3.XGB to the internal memory... bit disappointing especially as apparently the game doesn't run as well without the added data. It's only a gripe because they were advertising how "everything is on the cart!" but it's very much a "well yes, but actually no" situation... it's true but ya don't wanna play it that way. 3GB is a small sacrifice for a 31GB game though so I think it can slide.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Christmas is here or Ogremas as we call it :) Hopefully everyone had or is having a good day, with good food and minimal family drama. My party went well, the food was great... this side of the family doesn't do Christmas very big though. Not even a tree. Got another in January, which will hopefully have the one present I look forward to every year... homemade sweets lol.

Happy Ogremas :)

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Tomorrow I should have all the parts I need to build a new PC. Been a long time coming so really excited for this upgrade. Kinda nerve racking though, it’s a lot of boxes... the potential for something getting damaged, lost in the shuffle on the truck, delayed etc... ahhhh. That’s of course on top of hopefully not getting any lemons... something I’m very skilled at lol. It’s gonna be fine though, just wish I wasn’t sick so I can enjoy it more.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Well it was a journey because a few circumstances. Still some tweaking to do but new PC is pretty much done now. Got to play a little bit and it's really nice, a lot like the Xbox One X except the visuals are all cleaned up. No cheating with low textures mixed in etc, just a really clean image.

I'm pretty happy with the sound levels too, I don't like noisy systems... do need to figure out how to get it a bit quieter in day to day tasks though, for whatever reason it likes to ramp up in simple web browsing... kind of annoying.

20. Aaddron

Credit: