1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about armor effects?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by E T E R N A L, Oct 1, 2019.

Would you like there to be armor with effects?!

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I have once played those kind of mmorpg and it helps a lot to lessen the lag especially at event. You dont have to turn it off entirely, you just can turn it to be a ball of soul.
    The problem with multiple platforms game will be a limitation of mobile capability.

2. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    I would love there to be gear effects also think there should be more weapon effects as it’s kinda lacking, love effects on weapons mostly.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It certainly can help with that, but it makes you feel that you are just alone out there.

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's a feature that a lot of players would want, especially players that deal with too much RAM on their computer. Players fighting in combat would still be fighting monsters, but you just won't see the players with all their gear loaded is all. Turning off players would be useful in a lot of cases, especially for parkour. Less clutter in general makes the game a better experience.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's not all about how much RAM you have, it's also about how strong internet connection you have. I can see why people would want it, but it ultimately just makes AQ3D feel like a RPG and not a MMORPG.

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    RAM is still a huge issue with the game. Sometimes I play the game and the RAM usage for the game spikes up to 2 gigabytes (usually during prolonged gameplay in "grindy" maps). And after a while, the game glitches out with the interface disappearing and reappearing, and players turning invisible with only their gear showing or being colored differently... and then the game crashes at some point after that. Even in mobile, it's a problem, except the game usually crashes before it even has a chance to glitch out.

Internet connection is also an issue, but that's simply just another issue. Having the ability to turn off players or set the default model to a flame model would definitely help somewhat since the game won't be retrieving as much data from their content delivery network. And it would help for third-world countries that don't have the best connection.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I would say that armors having effects is not going to be a big problem considering that your RAM and your internet connection are the main factors to your game running well and those armor effects are just a tiny factor compared to them.

8. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    try playing with mobile phone, you will understand how lag is it to load those armor, even Cysero before said why devs dont make mount but morph, because mount will increase the load factor, that's why Cysero suggests you to in morph 24/7 since it will lessen the load.

Here is the link:
    Twitter

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Maybe if you're the only player with armor effects, it wouldn't be a big problem, but if you're in a room of 50 players and they all have armors with particles and other effects (unlikely that people will be wearing a bunch of stuff that will lag the game, but not impossible), then it would be somewhat of a problem. They would need to add a settings option that would turn off other player's effects and make that the default option for mobile devices.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Callbacks are obviously going to cause longer load times on mobile, but I don't play AQ3D on a mobile phone and I don't have even have a phone that is compatible with it so I can't really say much from my own experience.

Well, luckily we don't have that many locations which have a room limit that high for them to be a problem. If AE goes just full on particles effects and add them to everything then adding an option to turn them off should be something that we should expect to get.

11. Randy1987

Randy1987 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I think it would be awesome

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    What kind of effects would you like to see to be applied to armors? Something bright or maybe something dark?

13. alien shooter

alien shooter Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    maybe they should add some aura effect to legendary tier sets (at least head or shoulders). now its only reskin items and nothing interesting

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Effects added to reskinned items wouldn't really solve anything. It would just devalue the item that doesn't have any effect at all. I think any reskinned item should stay equally valued (nothing extra added and nothing extra removed). Of course, it would depend on the circumstances since things do vary.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I doubt that AE would do that. Just go back and update something old? They are fixated on making new content with that weekly schedule of theirs and even if they did go back to them, they got to worry about the callbacks with would be the reason why they won't do it. They want this game to run well on all platforms and keeping those callbacks down is the way to do that.

16. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I thi k there should be more animated items in game can't never have too much flashyness lol

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    As great as it would be, I don't think AE thinks the same when it comes to putting animation to all items.