1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

If they were to add a new pet, what would you like?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Setsou, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Setsou

Setsou Brute

Credit:
    Me i would prefer more like a legion and something from the yokai island.

2. xOwl

xOwl Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I obviously would want to have an Owl pet in game <3

Setsou and Ashley Eley like this.
  3. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    I want a Panda because I have always adored them plus it was a rare pet on guild wars 1 that I played for years & that I owned three of them at once with only 146 in the game world wide.

DarkPhoenix777, Setsou and xOwl like this.
  4. Setsou

Setsou Brute

Credit:
    yea a panda would be nice..

Ashley Eley likes this.
  5. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    I am glad someone feels the same way, I don’t want it like the Boar pet so big though I would want it just a bit bigger then a moglin but beggers can’t be choosers a panda is a panda for me at the end of the day lol.

Or something like this looks though he would suit for the berserker class.

[​IMG]

This is also a rare pet as well as a boss but the pet there is only 29 in game world wide but literally all inactive accounts so properly maybe 1, 2 if you’re lucky active in game now after 15years.

I’ve known someone to sell this pet for real cash for a eye watering 5,000$ if it was undedicated to a players Hall of Monuments. If it is the value is decreased.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2019
  6. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Makes me wonder why we don't have a panda pet considering the fact that Yokai Island is out.

Setsou likes this.
  7. That's something they could do for Yokai Isle or maybe a Chinese New Year event, but I don't think we can expect pandas anytime soon since they don't really have a bear model to use as a base. AE ends up reusing assets more than making new ones, and it's been a really slow progress seeing more new things get added that isn't a reskin or a Unity-bought asset, especially since Xero, the 3D modeler, is simultaneously working on other things like Akumi Wars with Artix and Miltonius.

They need more 3D modelers, if we want to see more pets and other things added to the game. I have about 3 full stacks of Pet Feed, and there's nothing to really use them on since I've crafted every pet in the Pet Shop.

Setsou likes this.
  8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's true that we don't really have a bear model in AQ3D yet which is kinda surprising because we have a couple of forest locations in game. It's a good idea to save up that Pet Feed for phase 2 pets whenever those come out if you don't have anything else to spend it on.

9. Sucks that they don't increase the cap for Pet Feed to something ridiculous like 100,000 and/or integrate Pet Feed to the Tokens category where they won't take up inventory space. Having three stacks of Pet Feed really takes up precious space, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next iteration of pets coming to the Pet Shop take up more than 3 stacks in total (just to craft everything). Last time, we needed 4 stacks of Pet Feed to craft everything new (the three cats and the shark, and I think eventually the unicorn pet). Imagine if they released different reskin variations of bear models (black bear, brown bear, polar bear) at the cost of 500 Pet Feed each.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yes! Why not just increase the stack limit of Pet Feed because currently to get all pets that need it requires you to get over 9 stacks of it which is around 4,855 Pet Feed. AE could at least increase stack limit to 5k or just go crazy and go with 100k.

11. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I want flying Cards. Because my IGN comes from a deck of cards.

12. Think it would look a bit strange as a pet to have flying cards. I think as a back item, flying cards would look better since they'd feel more attached to your character, but as a pet, it'd look a bit weird. If they ever do flying cards, they can just use the same model of Dreadfool's cards, but I don't really see them adding Dreadfool's cards as a pet unless they somehow revisit Dreadfool's Labyrinth in some future release. Maybe for Arcangrove or mage-related release, we can see flying cards with some different design.

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I could see a flying book pet being a thing, but I don't see flying cards pet being as likely to happen.

14. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    because panda is from china, and yokai isle is based on japan :p

15. Shouldn't really make much of a difference if Yokai Isle is based on Japan or China, especially since Yokai Isle is just a fictional place in a game; it's more of a generalized representation of East Asia. And besides, in AQWorlds, they have Chinese New Year events for Yokai Isle, so they could easily do that for AQ3D and release "Eastern" pets.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That is true and AE could make nice eastern looking pets with that extra dimension.

17. You can't tell the difference most of the time (or specify it to any specific culture), because some Eastern things are just similar in many ways. For instance, Japanese dragons, Tibetan dragons, and Chinese dragons all look very similar, sharing a serpentine figure, as opposed to something distinct like a European dragon which has wings. If they do an Eastern dragon pet, they don't really have to specify what it is, as long as it just feels right.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yea, AE doesn't need to get into those specifics and do we need to know all the details a bit by bit? I would say no. AE does have models that they could use for pets that are dragonlike which haven't been used for that purpose yet.

19. And it's not like they add all of the details to most of their models anyway. I remember players nitpicking about how their cat models didn't look correct (tail and legs too scrawny, ears too pointy, too many simplified polygons, etc.). When it comes to creating models for pets, especially for specific types of pets (based on real life anatomy of creatures), there are usually some mistakes or corner cutting. With an Eastern dragon, I doubt they'd add all of the details for the models that you can tell exactly what type of dragon it is, because they might just leave off certain details like they've done with other pets.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Their current cat models are pretty hastily implemented and clearly less detailed compared to those dog models. When it comes to the details, most of them are in the textures and not in the models and there are many examples when you go look for them.