1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D The new upcoming level scaling system, is it any good?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    As some of you might know, there is a new version of the level scaling system being tested on PTR. The basic premise of it is that enemies scale to you instead of you scaling down/up to the map's level and that leads you to doing appropriate damage for your level.
    What do you think? Is this new iteration of the level scaling system better compared to the current one? If this new system were to be more widely used, would it work or will it do more harm than good?

2. Could be good, but could also be bad. If I'm level 29 and I'm using level 20 gear, I think that's where level scaling would hurt, because the feature matches the monster's level and player's level, not the actual stats. Also there doesn't seem to be other factors to determine scaling (like how many players there are). But reasonably, I don't think people would keep level 20 gear for so long at that level. But I do think there are more benefits to being over-leveled compared to the monsters you battle since the game can be sluggish (not enough players in a particular map). I just think they need to adopt private maps and give them no scaling instead of trying to create or improve a solution that doesn't really work as well. I don't think any new level scaling would make that much of a difference though.

3. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Bad for me, as solo player it will make dungeon to be harder to be done especially if you're in need of something quickly from the dungeon like looking for necrohen for cat quest, master crate quest, etc.

4. DarkPhoenix777

DarkPhoenix777 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I believe that the private dungeon will stay as they are. We'll still be able to speed run dungeons, it'll just have to be private.

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    That's apparently what the vision is currently for dungeons when this new level scaling will be implemented. It feels like private dungeons are going to preserve dungeons when it comes to keeping them unscaled.