1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How much do you spend on your game?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Thedarkboy, Mar 7, 2012.

How much do you spend on your game?

1. Nothing at all.

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. 1-50$

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. 51-100$

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. 100-200$

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. 200-300$

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. 300$+

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  7. Points from GO o.o

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    When theres a sale i will topup

Crichardson21291 likes this.
  2. ogreswish

ogreswish Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    8 euro monthly for my lineage 2 skelth subscription. If I were to play single AAAs during all the time I put into lineage I would be definitely paying more. Much more.

3. TSchwa

TSchwa Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    That's exactly how much I can spend on a game. Like that 4Game doesn't break a bank with their subscription

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I will pay to get the game and if it has some kind of membership that lasts forever, then I pay for that too, if I am planning to play the game for a long time.

5. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I have purchased a lot of games as a token of my support and even spent about 2-3 thousand pounds on Marvel Avengers Alliance which shut down with too brief of a notice. Thereafter I stopped spending that kind of money and started playing more free to play online games like AQW. I'm currently playing Realm Grinder and AQ3D which are also free to play games.

6. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Depend on the game developer.

I can spend more than 300$/year if I am enjoying the game that doesn't ask me to pay2win because I spend mostly not for the benefit in game but for the game life itself (no money, no server, game is down)

If they are greedy monsters who love to sell competition as their "cash cow" aka pay2win, I won't spend a single dim at all, worst I will try to find the mod to cheat their game and ruin those big spenders PvP experience by 1-shot them all *evil grin*

7. emilp97

emilp97 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    That's a good question I may not wanna think about.

8. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I maybe spend about 20 dollars every other month on HeroMart stuff (AQ3D). I really don't like the items you can buy with DC's.

9. Carl2020

Carl2020 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    not much, maybe some cheap premium packet or something for 5-20$ if it really gives you big advantage

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2019
  10. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    I only spend when I know I am going to play the game for a while or really really like it which has only happened with a handful of games such as Order & Chaos Online, TaichiPanda, Goddess RPG & AQ3D.

AQ3D is the one for me though since it isn’t Pay2Win plus reminds me all the years I played “ Guild Wars1 “ on my pc for many many years but now sold my acc an all my items on that game for a lovely $2,500 like two months ago.

11. BeastCastle

BeastCastle MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I checked the box as if it was a monthly question.

12. Crichardson21291

Crichardson21291 Banned

Credit:
    I typically spend a couple hundred off the bat if i enjoy a game.

13. Crichardson21291

Crichardson21291 Banned

Credit:
    Ive never bought anything from heromart? Should i check it out? Can you get the chronomancer class on aq3d?

14. goddrinker

goddrinker MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    chronomancer isnt a class in aq3d, there is only an armor set that you cant get anymore

15. goddrinker

goddrinker MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    but its worth a check to see some really obscure items that you barely see anyone use, such at the red version of the legion blade.

16. NeloAngelo

NeloAngelo BamBam New Ogre

Credit:
    Maybe i spend 110-115$

17. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It depends on the game actually. If I really like it, I can spend 100-200 dollars but if I just 'like' it maybe not more than 50 dollars.

18. MMORPGs make a lot of money, when you really think about it. For instance, a subscription for a pay-to-play MMORPG could cost $50 for just a year (prices will differ from game to game), and that's not including micro-transactions. Personally, a year of subscription seems like a terrible idea if you don't have a lot of free time; if the majority of your free time is during the summer, I think a 3 month subscription plan for the months of May, June, and July would be a better option.

I think spending money on MMORPGs is fine, if you're truly dedicated to the game (especially if it's the only game you care to play and if you have plenty of time on your hand), but it's also good to be on the cautious side of not spending too much. Considering how often you'll play the game and keeping a budget plan is a smart idea, but since part of the demographics is children, they don't really watch how they spend their money, because it's really their parents that spend money for them, and I think that's just part of how MMORPGs generate income.

I think there are better alternatives, if you don't care for a specific MMORPG. There are a lot of free MMORPGs to choose from, but the biggest caveat is that they tend to have restrictions on free users and they'll try to encourage you to buy stuff. And for games in general, I think buying a product is better than buying a service, because you only have to buy a product once, whereas you buy a service many times; for instance, a $60 game that you only have to buy once (and can play whenever, for as long as you want) is a far better deal than a game with a $50-60 subscription for one year.

19. Sepherus96

Sepherus96 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I spent a fair amount and all the ae games