1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

best games of your childhood?

Discussion in 'Best and Worst Games' started by UnarmedSniper, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    Best game of my childhood was Guild Wars 1 played it for almost 13 years had a couple years where I quit it but always went back why I love AQ3D so much as gives me the same feeling when playing it.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    If you have a MMORPG background, you attend to get used to and enjoy MMORPGs so getting to another one shouldn't be a difficult thing to do.

Ashley Eley likes this.
  3. Carl2020

Carl2020 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    metin2 was my first online mmo XD, I started when it was in beta? I had 8 or 9 years

4. huynhpro98

huynhpro98 Ogre Newling

Credit:
  5. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Used to play tons of games but ones i loved most were
    1.NFS (MW to be precise)
    2.Pokemon (on my GBA)

6. goddrinker

goddrinker MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    i remember all the classic wii fit games and guitar hero that my brother had. i sucked at it but it was still fun.

7. Crichardson21291

Crichardson21291 Banned

Credit:
    Pokemon for sure. Pokemon tcg was the best on gameboy.

8. goddrinker

goddrinker MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    agreed pokemon was awesome. zelda was also a great one

9. DeadlyDose

DeadlyDose BamBam

Credit:
    Best? Hmm, Runescape, maybe. Or Final Fantasy 7.

10. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    They do go hand to hand when you think about it. One for a single player experience and one for a multiplayer experience.

DeadlyDose likes this.
  11. ZaRaV

ZaRaV MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Space Impact, Snake and Bounce lol

12. DeadlyDose

DeadlyDose BamBam

Credit:
    That's right! Runescape for my best multiplayer game, FFVII for best singleplayer. :)

13. Nihilist

Nihilist Elite Ogre Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It’s hard to really say just one game .. as many different consoles , franchises have been in major memory milestones throughout my life. From Atari 2600, until now.. from Mario to the lich king.. from zombies ate my neighbors to leisure suit Larry ..!

videovillain likes this.
  14. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    So there are two games from my childhood that I played more than any other because it's all I had at the time. Mario 2 (the one that was a reskin of that other game) and The Little Mermaid on NES. I had nothing else to do after school so I'd come home and beat those back to back (after I got good at them) plus they also kept me company during some Hurricanes, lol. Good times!

I never had Atari, but yeah, Mario to Lich King and Zombies ate my Neighbors to Leisure Suit Larry sounds about right!

Oh, one I forgot to mention is Paperboy!

I couldn't get into Runescape for some reason, but I was hard into EQ for a while. Really enjoyed my time with that game and miss it sometimes.

As for FF7, I actually picked it up for the first time half way through on someone else's play (bought the memory card along with the game) and decided to just keep going. They were going through Mt. Nibel with Barret, Tifa, Cloud and I didn't know what else to do so I ran around, found the Rune Blade and ended up killing things and using limit breaks until Barret got his lvl 3 which is pretty badass. I finished the play-through and then went back and played it again with some friends taking turns on the controller.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2020
  15. There are a handful of games that I wish I could have played, but some games are shut down now or just aren't available in any form. And the other part of it is that I never had a chance to play games of the older generation, unless they had remakes. And other games, I just never had much interest for. I used to play plug-in-play games very early on, but then developed interest in portable gaming (GBA, DS, Switch, but not so much smartphone) and in Flash games.

16. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It is probably time related, but if you have a chance to go back and hit up some classics, I'd do it, but not with the mentality of (I need to beat this) and definitely not the mentality of (I need to 100% this!). Just with the idea of playing it for a bit for a single day unless you feel compelled to play more, just to get the feel.

Where did you start anyway? 64/PS1? Later?

17. Started with the Game Boy Advance, which I would take around with me to places like restaurants or to school. I could never really get into home consoles, because a computer was already good enough for my "at home" purposes, and portable gaming was more convenient anyway, plus portable consoles were generally cheaper as well. It's a bit disappointing that some games will remain exclusive to home console though, because I think there are a lot of games that would be fun to play on a long road trip or some long-distance travel; I will say that Nintendo's done a great effort at remaking home console games to portable consoles, porting old games to the 3DS Virtual Console and also to the Switch, and doing much more than Sony or Microsoft could ever do. Even games that aren't published by Nintendo, like a handful of Sega games, are available for Nintendo's portable consoles.

videovillain likes this.
  18. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    If we are talking early childhood then it is DOS and basic games like Castle and Gorillas. Then I remember playing the first TMNT game on windows. Took 4 or 5 5.5" floppies. The games I spent the most time on were CS (real CS, up to 1.5), Diablo 2 (hardcore or dont play) and Starcraft (lots and lots of UMS).

19. choppagames

choppagames Guest

Credit:
    Honestly probably WoW. I have not played in quite some time but that game consumed my life as a kid :alien:

20. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    My favorite games were the old text adventures. There was one I really liked called Twin Kingdom Valley for the Commodore 64. It was actually in a combo pack with the game Corom. I also enjoyed the old Lucasfilm Games (later LucasArts) point and click adventures like Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, The Secret of Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango......