1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The New Classes are Confirmed!!

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Setsou, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Heartt

Heartt Brute

Credit:
    Just checkin a AQ3D game plan. Everything writing here..

2. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I am way more interested in the healer and acolyte classes that are in the game plan. Super looking forward to them. Let's hope they start releasing some dungeons where they are actually needed. I am ready for some challenging dungeons. Maybe when the dungeon finder comes out there will be variable difficulty.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't have too much anticipation at this point. It's been about 5 years without a Healer class, and AE's development cycle is slow. They've even forgot about Friday the 13th this month, so I wouldn't have high hopes on many things, especially new classes. Could be another three years just to expect tier 3 classes, but who knows?

4. Ophidius

Credit:
    Slow and steady wins the race. I am patient, they can take thier time. If there game plan is even somewhat in order of how they plan to release content it shouldnt be too much longer. Hoping within a year or so. For me, personally, I enjoy the healer archetype the best. I know it's not for everyone but seems to work for me.

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Healer is just one of those classes that should have been in the game since day 1. But the moment they add Healer class (this late into their development cycle), they're probably going to have to rebalance things again (such as potions) and stats, and it would probably be another mess, at least for players that rely heavily on playing solo, especially for players doing dungeons by themselves. Otherwise, they'd probably have to make Healer class weaker than anticipated to not make the game too much of a breeze for team dungeons.

But every time that they've rebalanced things, it's made the experience harder for players since teamwork isn't encouraged as much in the game (partly due to the game's low population and the fact that most players are in hangout maps because they're already at the max level). I remember in Livingstone Cave trying to level up a new character when there weren't any players around the map in any of the servers, and in order to defeat one Trolluk, I had to run around in circles using Mage class, and that's just for that intro area. And now that dungeons are level scaled, that's also an entire mess to deal with when you play by yourself. The game definitely needs a better balance to accommodate solo experience, before we can expect more changes.

6. Ophidius

Credit:
    I agree with everything you said. It is going to cause a bunch of changes. But the only thing that is consistent is change. I think they wont change much of the current stuff, tbh. It will just become ez mode. They maybe already thinking about that already by adding in all the one hit mechanics for the new boss. I still think they will keep most of the stuff balanced, or as balanced as possible for solo [I think that's the whole reason they added scaling (but agree more needs to be done)]. I hope they will just make harder versions of dungeons, and increase the rewards respectively, to incorporate the healer class(es). More risk, more reward. I think this caters to solo and team players respectively well. The team players are also more likely to participate in pvp (if it ever comes) so they will put in the (extra) effort for better gear.