1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What was your first gold making method you tried out?

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by Heromanguy12, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There are a lot of gold making methods in Runescape and everyone has used their fair share of them. What was your first gold making method that you can remember using? I remember fishing lobsters and swordfish when you could get quite a bit of gold out of it. I recall swordfish being like 500gp each back then so it did get you somewhere.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    The very first one for me was probably killing cows and then I think selling the hides in Al Kharid bank. Or maybe it was tanning them and then selling them... I don't remember exactly.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I did that too briefly because why not, I needed exp on my skills and get some gp while doing it. I didn't do it with the intent of using it as a serious money making method.

4. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I scrounged around for gold a lot in the early days (cowhide, logs, anything I could sell to the general store and not have to interact with merchers) but my first attempt at actually making any money was probably either lobsters for a sweet 200 gp each or coal. Coal was annoyingly competitive, while lobbies were fairly relaxed. All to fund my first lovely set of full rune.

Once I became a member my costs ballooned (100k for a dragon weapon?!) so my first strategy was picking flax. This quickly morphed into picking and spinning flax, and then I just bought flax to spin it. It felt much more productive to not click all the time and get xp for it.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Many of us do end going through many different ways to get gold just familiarize yourself with them.

Yep, those member item costs do go pretty higher so finding a money making method to cover those costs is what you should be doing. I do feel you on picking flax spinning as your first money making method, its relatively easy to get into and it does yield decent gp along side some crafting xp which is important early on. I would have done that too if I had membership that early on. You couldn't make bowstring back then as a F2P when I started playing.