1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What RPG have you played the most?

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Heromanguy12, May 16, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Role-playing games attend to hook your attention and that makes you keep playing them. What is your most played RPG?

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Definitely RuneScape. Outside the MMORPG scope, it’d be Skyrim.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Skyrim is a very enjoyable RPG. You just keep playing and your play time somehow reaches 1000 hours just like that.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Indeed. Skyrim is a game I can keep going back to over an over. An once you get into mods, it becomes almost limitless entertainment. I wish we had more first person open world rpgs.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Mods do increase replayability of games which can be modded. Skyrim has a lot of mods made for it and the modding community for it is healthy and there are a lot of tutorials out there on making mods. There should be more RPGs which have both third person and first person camera.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    What is your most played RPG?

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    My most played RPG is still Runescape even after playing AQ3D for a long time. When it comes to single player RPGs, my most played one is Adventure Quest (the one that came way before AQ3D did). I haven't plated any single player RPGs outside the ones you can play on web browser and I know you can't play Adventure Quest on web browser anymore and you have to download the Artix Game Launcher to play it nowadays.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    All this time I never realized Adventure Quest was a single player game lol. Maybe I did an forgot, I don’t know but it’s blowing my mind. That’s pretty cool though, they are great games. Kinda sad neither are in the browser anymore but understandable.

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE had to start from somewhere and it didn't turn out to be their only single player RPG either. They had to adapt just like many other game companies with browser games had to.

10. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I mostly played Rosh Online (also known as Karos Online). It was a unique game that has unique features. I remember the fishing mechanics of the game, and it was great for that time. Unfortunately, the game closed more than one time due to company changes, and we forced to start from the very beginning. When they repeated it for the third time, I quit playing it.

By the way, one month ago, I rechecked the game and it is on Steam now and only supports the Russian language. There is also a Spanish version of it on the web. I was not able to find an English version, what a shame.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Not all RPGs manage to survive the test of time in a way you would hope it would do. How many hours did you sink into that MMORPG? What single player RPG have you played the most?

12. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I really don't know how much time I spent on it. But I can say it's approximately 600-700 hours.

As a singleplayer game, I was playing Mount and Blade series since I am a big fan of medieval-themed singleplayer games. Now they released Bannerlord a few months ago, but it is in the Beta process and very buggy. I bought it but wait to play on the full version.

13. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Would have to be diablo2. Put at least 5000 hours in to that game. And that's a conservative estimate.

14. RPGs (not counting MMORPGs), I would probably say Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem.