1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite board game in real life ?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Xctroy, May 20, 2020.

1. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    My personal favorite is monopoly. I played it most as a kid and still do.

2. Probably Clue since you're narrowing down your choices to guess the suspect, weapon, and room. I think there's more strategy to Clue, because you can move your opponents to the room you're in during your turn to prevent them from getting vital clues and you can create a sense of red herring. I'm not a big fan of Monopoly, because once someone buys a bunch of land, there's almost no reason to continue playing the game.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    hmmm, maybe Life. I've always enjoyed playing that one.

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    The star of Africa due to playing it a lot. You can just pull it out and play when you have some company. Pretty easy to get into.

5. Justiphis

Justiphis MMORPGer

Credit:
    Monopoly. At this point it just became a D&D offshoot when I'm involved. Basically I just become Dungeon Master and build some ludicrous story depending on which version we have our hands on.

6. I never really relate D&D to Monopoly. I feel like Dungeons & Dragons gets the player to think more and be more imaginative.

But one thing I will admit about Monopoly is that it can be creative sometimes, especially when you have themes like a Star Wars edition or some other edition. The edition flavors are essentially the same game, but the main differences are the game pieces, the tiles on the Monopoly board (e.g. different locations), and the different cards. So if you get bored playing the original Monopoly (maybe because you already know enough about the original), trying out the different flavors of Monopoly could make it a little more interesting.

7. Sepherus96

Sepherus96 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I would have to go with risk

8. Never played it before, mostly because the play time for strategy games take a long time (especially on the first attempt at playing a game), and it's sometimes difficult to find more players to play with. Would probably be a good board game to play at a house party with a full team of players though.