1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Which one would you get? Xbox Series X or PS5?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Heromanguy12, May 17, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Xbox Series X and PS5 are two upcoming next gen consoles which eventually hit the market. Which one of these two would you get and why?

2. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    PS5. No specific reason for that, I used to use Playstation since my childhood. To be honest, I never played a game in Xbox consoles.

3. Justiphis

Justiphis MMORPGer

Credit:
    Ps5. Mostly because a lot of my fave games have been released under the Playstation banner.

4. Neither. I'd rather pick between a PC or a Nintendo Switch, to be honest, rather than between Xbox or Playstation. PC can be more powerful than the latest gaming consoles, plus you have the most games available on that system; and certain PC games allow support for controllers as well. On the other hand, a Switch is portable, whereas the Xbox and Playstation isn't, so a Switch is good as a secondary console.

But if I really had to choose, I'd probably pick the PS5, partly because I'm used to the PS2 from years ago. The whole "Xbox vs. Playstation" debate never made much sense, because Xbox has, for the most part, been the least popular console outside of the U.S. I've never understood why anyone would buy an Xbox, especially since Microsoft's best platform for gaming is a PC, and I think Microsoft already has too much dominance in the tech industry, so I'd rather not contribute to a bigger monopoly.