1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How competitive are you

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Ain1005, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Ain1005

Ain1005 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hello everyone. how ya doing in isolation....

I am a new member and don't know where and how to start. hehehe.... lets begin.

My name is Ain and I am a postgrad student in the University of Derby, UK. I have been working on cyberpsychology and my main focus is MMORPGs. Currently I am conducting a research on Narcissism and Competitive behavior in MMORPGs. The reason I have joined here is to connect with gamers.

Now coming back to my study. I am interested in learning how MMORPGs enhances competitive behavior in players and whether this competitiveness has something to do with narcissism. I would request you all to please give your feedback. I am collecting data for this reason, so could you also please click the link and fill the questionnaire.
    Online Survey Software | Qualtrics Survey Solutions

2. BeastCastle

BeastCastle MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I am not competitive at all ,'D .

3. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Well, I am competitive in some areas but also not in other areas. It depends on the topic of competition.

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Generally, I don't think of MMORPGs as being "competitive" (unless it's an action MMORPG, maybe something like Elsword). I think you'd find more competition in MOBAs, FPS, Battle Royale, or other similar game genres.

I usually think about building teams with the right classes to take down bosses (creating teamwork) or more about the talking with other people from around the world (social aspect). I think if we're talking about psychology, MMORPGs generally create more of a niche for social interactions than competition.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020