1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Long-ranged or short-ranged weapons?

Discussion in 'MMOFPS and Online Shooters' started by Heromanguy12, May 4, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    When you play an online shooter game, it gives you different weapons to choose from with different ranges. Do you like to get close and personal or take them out from a safe distance? When you know the range you want to fight from then the next step would be to choose your weapon.

2. Justiphis

Justiphis MMORPGer

Credit:
    Long-range.

I like having my own finite amount of space. You never know when you are outmatched and need that distance to turn it around.

After all...there can be only hu-one.

3. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I am ok to both of them but long-range fits better for me.

4. Justiphis

Justiphis MMORPGer

Credit:
    Medium-range.

I want my distance, but still have them know it was me who shot an arrow to their knee.

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Depends largely on the map. Short-ranged weapons are better for areas like inside buildings, or areas you can hide and sneak up on people, while long-ranged weapons are better for open-areas. In the end, the weapon you choose is all about how you want to implement your own strategy, but I generally prefer long-ranged weapons; I find it more fun, because you could be sniping players through a window at the top of the tower and players would try to storm the tower to take your vantage point.