1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Yulgar's Inn vs Boog's Tavern

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Metaqrion, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Hello,
    As we all know, Yulgar's Inn is one of the most popular places in AQ3D. Endgame players generally hang out there. However, we also have Boog's Tavern! Also, according to my calculations; it is way bigger than Yulgar's Inn! Why do you think people generally hangout in Yulgar's Inn? Why nobody goes to Boog's place?

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Because Yulgar's Inn has been in most AE games, and many people that play AQ3D had played AQWorlds (and Yulgar's Inn in that game is a common place to hang out). People visit places based on familiarity more than convenience. It's like comparing generic brands to name brands; people will often choose what they're familiar with.

3. Sepherus96

Sepherus96 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    i used to hang out in yulgars inn with my friends

4. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    I avoid both like the plague, only visited yulgars few times for my halo of hues & the odd visit to read some trash talk lol. It’s mostly kids that are virgins there as it’s mostly sexual talk. Lol

Notme likes this.
  5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Usually never seems like Yulgar's Inn holds any real conversation, but the same goes for many areas in the game, and I think it's worse outside of Yulgar's Inn and Boog's Tavern. People just farm repetitively and never really chat.

Ashley Eley likes this.
  6. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    You’re actually right there I’ve noticed people don’t really talk when there farming. It’s like there not human am dunno how to interact with people lol.

7. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I have never really hung out in either.. I generally find some other macguffin to farm/quest for shortly after I've found/finished the last.

I like that fishing brought conversation back into the game.

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The only reason I go to Yulgar's Inn is mainly to log out from there and spawn there when I log back in, and not much more. I don't like spawning in Battleon, because the place is too big and has too many NPCs, and I would think that loading into the game from there would take a little longer just because of the size of the place and the amount of NPCs that need to be loaded. And I don't like spawning in places where there are monsters, just because I don't want to be stuck in combat while I'm connecting to the game.

I think it would be better, if the game just had houses, and you could spawn there instead. Personally, I would rather connect to the game and spawn somewhere with the least distraction.

9. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Boog's Tavern is better IMO. Less people and a good place to log out.

Specifically my guild and I use the back table behind the stairs to look brooding, lol.

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't have an issue with which place has less people or not, just as long as there's not too much going on in the surroundings. What's really important is fast load time, but I generally pick Yulgar's Inn over Boog's Tavern just because it has a better ambience. Any difference in the load time to get to the area would be very minimal between the two places since there isn't a lot to load, especially compared to Battleon or some other maps.

11. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I never really hung out in either, really. I spend the most time in Yulgar's because I have to go there for the mousehole part of the pet feed quest. The only time I went to Boog's regularly was when I was doing moglomancer dailies and had to talk to the moglin npc in there.

12. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    i used to stay at yulgars inn with my friends and family