1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Mining in AQ3D - Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Metaqrion, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Let's do some brainstorming. Mining is the next trade skill for the game. What kind of system could it be, what kind of miniplay is going to be added for it? Let's talk.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Mining already exists in Ashfall, so it probably wouldn't be too different. But personally, I'd like to see more use out of mining; rather than mining crystals and turning in quests for gold and experience, being able to mine for ores and make something useful out of those ores would be better. For instance, maybe make new armors and weapons, but another thing I'd like to see is being able to upgrade item levels with ores rather than do repetitive tasks that we've had for years now.

For instance, the biggest flaw in the game currently is how we have level 1, 7, 14, 21, and 27 of the same items, especially for the Daily Boss craft items. The problem with that is that the process of upgrading is bland, but the other issue is how some levels are skipped.

Mining could have greater potential for upgrading the levels of weapons and armors, but I doubt AE would ever go that route. But one thing I could see are post-game quests where you need lots of ores to build some sort of legendary weapon, like the Blinding Light of Destiny.

Ophidius likes this.
  3. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I would like to see ores used in a crafting system. To either be used in making consumables or gear upgrades or both. With fishing already in the game and mining coming soon. We just need some sort of plant type gathing to get some good cooking crafts going. Then maybe add lumberjack to gather wood. To do some sort of other craft to combine with mining.
    I just want to see use be able to use the stuff we gather and create our own things. Not just trade them to an npc for something else.

4. Sepherus96

Sepherus96 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I would like it kind of like how runescape has it collect ores and have a blacksmith thing come out of it

Ophidius likes this.
  5. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I am excited about mining. I already crafted the crystal spear from Ashfall. I think, like Snowy said, there is a lot of potential with mining. They could really run with that idea.