1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Isekai manga/anime

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Forum' started by Nilores, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Nilores

Nilores Guest

Credit:
    I know that there are many isekai out there but I don't really like all of them because of bad translations or if the world building is not planned properly or if it shows an OP mc who has nothing to do until he gets nerfed.. so does anyone know any manga/anime which fit these criteria? Preferably manga, a few examples of what I feel are good are The beginning after the end,, so I'm a spider, so what?,,tensei shitara slime,, the man picked up by the gods... Btw Is this sub forum still active? The last post I saw was from a month ago.

2. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I generally dislike isekai, but three I'd say are good are The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Ascendance of a Bookworm, and
    Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter.
    For the first two I'd say the light novel is the best experience (the third has a novel but not in English). The third doesn't have an anime, but does have a manga series.

3. Nilores

Nilores Guest

Credit:
    Ah thanks for the suggestions I'll be sure to check them out.
    Oh and are there any other genres which are fantasy?
    I just like fantasy and the only genre I could find which was all about it was isekai but if there is something else I'd be happy to hear about it

4. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Isekai definitely makes up a large portion of new fantasy series, but there's still the big franchises like Fate/ and Attack on Titan and plenty of other fantasy stuff.
    To throw in a few of my own fantasy recs, The Ancient Magus' Bride, Yona of the Dawn, Snow White with the Red Hair, and Mushishi.

You'd just want to look specifically for the fantasy genre, like a generic anilist search for the genre or the same on myanimelist.
    Another neat thing you can do is visit someone's profile on anilist (mine is here), and then if you pick their anime list or manga list there's a filter on the sidebar where you can sort by genre.