1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about new Mogloween Trove?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Metaqrion, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Devs added a concert-like collection questline to Mystcroft Town. Thus, you can turn in your 2020 mogloween items to the trove and you can access them anytime by clicking to the Uwu Pumpkin Pet. What do you think about that?

videovillain likes this.
  2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well the thing I dislike most about collection quests is that you have to turn things in by the order of the quest (so the next quest isn't available until you turn in for the current quest). That just makes inventory management frustrating, especially for new players with limited inventory space.

And I don't really care too much for most of the seasonal stuff anyway, because they always return next year. It's not like you're going to miss out on much anyway, if you skip a year, so there's not much to incentivize obtaining gear that you probably won't use in the future anyway.

videovillain likes this.
  3. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    The order for turning in is just the dumbest thing, especially for new players. They should really update that style.

Otherwise, the trove itself seems quite nice. I just wish they'd released it earlier because I ended up selling excess Pumpkin Puffers (got more than I needed for the skins) because I didn't care for the bobber. I don't like fishing.. but now I wanna finish the trove completely, so I have to fish extra since I sold the other puffers thinking they'd become worthless :cry:

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think the other problem is that the trove quests aren't exactly friendly for new players. AE didn't put much mindset for newcomers, when setting up the quests. For instance, the first quest is a fishing quest, but a new player's going to be confused of what to do.

For instance, the quest objective just says Boo Blue Skelesuit, so that just forces the player to backtrack a bit to figure out what they need to obtain that item by looking at the craft shop from Andy Corn, which is some certain quantity of some specific fish. Then the new player tries to go fishing, but they notice there's a message saying they need a fishing rod. Now they have to backtrack to figure out where to obtain a fishing rod. So then they finally obtain the "Ugliest Stick", the starting fishing rod, and then they try to fish at the fountain in Mystcroft, only to realize they can't, because they don't have the right power level to fish there.

I think the way these quests are set up is way too convoluted for a seasonal event. Not only is there a lot of grind (which personally, I don't think grind belongs for seasonal events), but there's no clear indication for how to perform tasks to complete the new quests without resorting to a Wiki or some tutorial. You'd have to be playing the game consistently for each update to know what goes on in the game, but for most players (that don't really play frequently), they'd have no clue where to begin.

5. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah, that is all spot on. The first quest is also for something that a new player can't even do because they have to level up to 6 before they can fish there on top of all the backtracking you mentioned.

It is a shame they are choosing such ways for things like seasonal events. There should be way more interaction and fun, haunted house type stuff with fun gameplay and much less grind.

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, it's bizarre that they're pushing every feature that they make into seasonal events, even though they don't necessarily fit well with these seasonal events. I don't think every feature needs that much emphasis. I'd much prefer features like fishing be part of optional non-seasonal side quests, not seasonal quests and not main story quests. Like who ever heard of people being able to fish in a green substance anyway; fishing itself isn't really a theme of the Halloween culture?

A lot of the issues the game faces has to do with reusability, and I think AE reuses way too many things and forget about 99% of their players, only considering the 1% of people that play almost every day and have further experience to be able to play these events and understand them.

Personally, I think they could have come up with better things to suit the theme of Halloween and tie in the Mogloween trove quests with them. For instance, maybe they could have come up with a haunted corn maze dungeon with monsters chasing players down with a chainsaw, and have various objectives tied to the trove quests; that would've been a lot more interesting than fishing.

7. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I dont care much for any of the trove items. I did what I needed to do to get the pet. The shop pet is the best part of the whole event by far. I also got the bobber, can't help myself when it comes to fishing.

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't think the pet is really worth it. A lot of times, the amount of time and effort you put into earning an item, you maybe only equip that item once or twice, and it's all just for a cosmetic item. I just don't see any reason to put commitment into a set of quests with a cascade of issues of their own, especially during a seasonal event that's usually only available for 1-2 months. I think if the quests were designed better and reasonably paced, then I wouldn't mind doing the quests.

9. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    The only reason the pet is worth it, in the particular case, is because it has a shop functionality that allows you to sell items anywhere in game. It is great for QOL, I dont like the look of it nessicaraly but it's the first of it's kind(for me).

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I wouldn't get too excited over that. Just because that specific pet has a unique functionality (right now) doesn't mean that it'll only be unique to that pet (later on). When AE adds a feature, they tend to oversaturate that feature into future content, and people generally aren't too excited about the same features later on. For instance, transformations used to be a cool when there were only so few of them, but they lost prominence as more transformations were added to the game. AE doesn't really have a good track record on keeping features sparse.

11. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I think troves are a good idea for saving inventory space. The whole items order is very frustrating when you have a whole inventory full of usable items but you are waiting for that one item to drop so you can continue the quest line. I remember this being a big problem for me during the Breaking Benjamin battle concert. I completed that trove and also the Mogloween and Cyber Monday troves. It was really great that we got new travel forms from the BB concert trove. Why didn't they give us any tf's with the newer troves?