1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

have you ever been restrained from using other peoples phone?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Plague, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Plague

Plague DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    i dont have phone lolol. i only go to comp shops. sadly my cousin doesnt want to let me use phone again.

YksNarev likes this.
  2. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I see phones as a private thing and so I dont borrow them from another person. And I dont let others borrow mine. Lol

YksNarev likes this.
  3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Honestly i don't use other people phones but if let's say my brothers phone (he doesn't usually take it with him for whatever reason) is ringing and i will pick it up and answer the call (mostly his friends call him) and tell his friend that he isn't home or he is somewhere else at the moment.
    I only use other peoples phones if it is really necessary to do so but mostly i don't considering i don't want to invade other peoples privacy.

YksNarev likes this.
  4. Jerwin

Jerwin Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Its a private item of a person. So i dont borrow a phone from anyone ..

YksNarev likes this.
  5. I've never had the problem of using other people's phone, especially during emergencies. I guess older people are more open to letting people use their phones.

YksNarev likes this.
  6. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I dont usually try to pry into another persons personal stuff... And a phone is as personal as it gets... who know what your friend has in there!!! So there is only one person i did do it and only in front of him/her... (very close friend...)..

YksNarev likes this.
  7. RavenJames

RavenJames Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    using somebody elses property is a bad idea. nope.

YksNarev likes this.
  8. YksNarev

YksNarev Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    why use something not your own in the first place?

9. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I can't remember the last time I asked to use someone else's phone. I think the last time might've been in elementary school at the secretary's office cause i wasn't feeling well.

10. jv1306

jv1306 Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    i usually let my cousin use my phone for games while i use his pc..that was until he accidentally deleted one of my game characters.

11. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Nope! I respect their privacy :p i only use other phone when i really need to

12. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Well not really, usually I'd grab someones phone just by sneaking up and distracting them from refraining their thoughts on the placement of their phone. :) PLUS, most of my friends don't have a password.

13. I think I'd be more concerned about someone using my laptop than someone using my phone. With a phone, if you have it passcode locked and someone takes it from you, it's hard for them to retrieve any data; not saying it's 100% secure, but it's more secure than a laptop or a PC.

But for a laptop or PC, it's extremely easy to retrieve data; you can just get a bootable USB drive that boots into another operating system and access their hard drive through that operating system, and store any data from that hard drive into your USB drive. Just because you have a Windows user account password-protected doesn't mean that your data is protected, because a hacker might not even boot into Windows to get your data. And that's really why you should always keep your PC, and especially laptop, at home. I wouldn't even trust an airport to inspect my laptop.

14. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I’ve actually borrowed a friends at work to use his hotspot but I had his phone on my person but like some have said it’s personal an I wouldn’t have looked into his phone plus he is a really good friend irl kinda miss working with him we had so much banter.

15. I tend to notice more that when there's an emergency situation, people tend to be less restraining about letting others use their phone (sometimes when events are time-sensitive or for other reasons). But sometimes, a phone is personal to them even during tense situations, so they can sometimes do the things you ask them to do (e.g. text someone, call someone, etc.). I think personality is a big factor; usually more extroverted people are less restraining.

Rizlaftw likes this.