1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Competitive Classic Tetris

Discussion in 'Classic Games' started by Snowy, May 8, 2021.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    In case you weren't aware, there's such thing as competitive Tetris where people compete with each other in the 1989 Nintendo version of Tetris for the highest score. It's so popular that there's a Classic Tetris World Championship held annually.

What do you think about competitive classic Tetris?

---

Personally, I don't think I would be any good at it, but I do enjoy watching people compete with each other. There's a technique popular in the community called hypertapping which is a style of playing where the player taps the D-pad rapidly (instead of holding down the D-pad). But perhaps what's more interesting is this new gameplay style called "rolling" which is even faster than D-pad. It's pretty insane seeing top players use this new technique, and I'm pretty excited to see how this new gameplay style changes the next Tetris event.