1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Jagex Announces a New Sci-Fi MMO

Discussion in 'Game News' started by ogreman, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Cambridge, United Kingdom, Wednesday 14th July 2010 - Jagex Games Studio, the world-leading browser games developer and publisher, today announced the development of Stellar Dawn, the studio’s latest MMORPG.
    Stellar Dawn is an MMO with deep and compelling science fiction storylines and a variety of gameplay styles. The game, which is scheduled for release next year, will offer players the opportunity to explore vast worlds of futuristic environments and engage with an extensive backstory as they progress through the game.

“Stellar Dawn will be Jagex’s biggest release to date and everyone at the studio is absolutely electric with excitement as we enter the final stages of development,†said Mark Gerhard, Jagex CEO. “We are really happy with how well Stellar Dawn has come together. The team has deftly blended art, content and technology to provide the entertaining, long-term game appeal that we have become famous for. As we approach the public launch next year we will be revealing many more details about the game to the community on stellardawn.com.â€

As with all Jagex games, Stellar Dawn will be widely accessible and playable on almost any PC or Mac with an internet connection - thanks to Jagex’s proprietary online-games platform. A sizeable proportion of the game will be playable free of charge, adding to the studio’s already substantial free-to-play games portfolio.

Players wishing to find out more about the game, or those who want to apply for a chance to participate in the closed beta, should sign up on the Stellar Dawn website - Stellar Dawn | Free Multi-player Sci-Fi Game | Coming soon from Jagex

2. angelkeith69

angelkeith69 Little Spike

Credit:
    Looks sci fi enough, but what scheme are they planning to use? Are they going to use the p2p or f2p scheme? I was just wondering, but thanks for the post, will try to get in to beta though.

3. Xavator

Xavator Clubbed For Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    if im not mistaken its F2P, it was stated under their FAQ section. Looks nice IMO. So far I haven't found a Sci-fi MMO thats good enough, but this one looks promising =)

4. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It will be f2p. From what i have seen, it will look 10 times better than RS:p.

5. Krew

Krew Top 10 Reborn Again Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    eh, why not try it :) it is a browser based MMO if I am not mistaken (like all Jagex games) so nothing to lose! Hope i get to test it though xD

6. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
  7. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i will play it when it comes out.

8. Blueblythe

Blueblythe BamBam

Credit:
    This looks pretty nifty.
    o _ o

Wait Jagex hosts Runescape as well.

9. Xavator

Xavator Clubbed For Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    is it a browser game? The arts and graphics look awesome. Lol, maybe it's my mistake, mis-read something perhaps..but still...it's cool if it's not browser

10. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    yes jagex hosts Runescape as well

yes it will be a browser game, members will most likely have a full screen option like Runescape though :)

11. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I bet it will have a premium membership option like Runescape too!

12. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    shhhh maybe it wont:deal2:

13. espPLAY

espPLAY BamBam

Credit:
    Looks kinda epic :O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.