1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Game Review - a galactic warfare style browser game

Discussion in 'Lists and Directory' started by skythorn, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skythorn

skythorn Little Spike

Credit:
    An.Unna.Ki

I'm only early in this game that has been listed in a couple of hard to find places since 2006, but already I am impressed at how it stitches together economic matters, teaching basics of planitary system development and the tendrals left hanging so delicately of intergalactic combat and war.

Why is this game languishing so low in the ranks with an italian server and an english server both showing low levels of activity?

The Game mechanics are immediate, the colours are pretty and balanced, the instructions are basic but useful and althrough there needs to be a bit of a road-map to development there are more than enough bits of assistance to show you where you need to go.

One great feature is the power, you are ranked as a percentage of total power in the galaxy you are in, even if a NOOB - you get a ranking which is cool. You also get 7 days grace, free from attack until you get your domestic ecnomomy sorted out (I made a couble of boo-boos that means I need to wait 3 'days' to rebuild stocks) but it's seemingly (so far) a lovely little hidden gem of a game.

Please - check it out even just for a little bit. Maybe it's a labour of love that only got half finished or there' an issue with the fleet management issues, but it looks interesting so far.

:sky

2. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Great review. :) Get's right to the point. :D I like the 7 days grace feature and ranking feature. It's not like RuneScape where you feel left out when your not ranked. From what I understand, everyone is ranked. :) I'll try it out later.

3. oropher

oropher Club Swinger The Pit

Credit:
    This PPBG looks very good. I think I am going to try it. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.