1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried online dating, and what's your dream girl/boy?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Glazed, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    I haven't yet, and I hope to never have to.

When I am out and on my own at college (if nothing goes wrong), I might wait around or look around a bit, but I won't wait around too long, or else I might end up missing out on someone.

Now, I know life ain't no fairy tale (aw.) or love story (thank god), but I'd much rather run into a nice woman/girl out of luck or destiny or chance, get to know her, befriend her (but not too much), and then start a relationship if we both like each other. I don't want to hop onto a website too quickly.

To be honest, I'd much rather have online dating as a last resort or backup plan if all else fails and I can't find anyone in the places that I'm in that's who I'm looking for.

I mean, sure. You can look for who you want specifically and find them easily, but people can still lie about their appearance and personality. It's not like meeting them in person.

Besides. Telling my grandchildren (if I have any but I feel like I'm too young to be thinking about grandchildren right now) that I met their grandmother on an online dating website in which afterwards we dated, started a relationship, later got married and then started a family doesn't sound like a real romantic love story to tell my grandchildren about.

Children: "Hey, grandaddy. How did you find and wind up with grandma?"

Old Me: "Well, I decided to one day go onto a computer website, set up a profile, found her profile, arranged a date with her, and we hit it off, everything was and has been great, and that's how you're here today."

The End. Maybe I'm thinking of it the wrong way.

Anyways, also, it almost feels and sounds similar to a mail-order bride, but I can't be sure about that if I haven't tried it yet.

Plus, it excludes the chance of destiny running me into a girl that could have been the girl of my dreams and be with her.

Plus, it feels too easy. Maybe it isn't all that easy, but I think when I try online dating, it will be the time when I give up and decide meeting females and looking for a GF the old-fashioned way is too hard. Maybe online dating is actually hard.

So, I was wondering. What's everyone else's take on online dating? Has anyone here ever tried it? I don't expect to find my dream girl with it, but if all else fails, I could possibly find the type of woman I'm looking for using it.

Also, what's your dream girl/boy?

2. q

q Exiled Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I would like to start by recommending not to try and make any life lasting relationships over the internet. My advice would be, not to look forward but by your side. Your in college and that should mean theres tons of girls out there. Try not to judge based on looks, but someone you like being around. (The friend zone may exist for some people, but you shouldn't let that stop you, but its always something to consider) Try to talk with people alot and make a good standing friendship with them, figure out what their personality is like, and more about them in general. Once you feel comfortable as friends, there should be atleast one person you feel like you could like them, or atleast feel comfortable around them, start to hang out more with them, not necessarily dating, just start being more apart of their life, for example ask to study with them, or if you going to see a movie ask if they'd like to tag along, but don't be to pushy with it. Then when you've started hanging out more you could try asking them out, if it works congratulations, if not try not to get too discouraged.

3. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Actually, I'm not in college. But your info sounds good. I'll keep it in mind.

4. tianhui

tianhui Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I know someone who has- never works out! D:

5. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    I laugh when i see those e-harmony commercials sorry. Even though I am too shy to ask a girl out (that and I can't get caught up between that and education) I still think it is "Sad" as one might say. I can't stand those commercials that promote dating at all.

6. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    this .

7. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Lol, I know. My dad hates those commercials.

Right. So, no dating websites ever. Got it.:laugh2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.