1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Why do people like text based games???

Discussion in 'Browser Games' started by ice grim reaper, Sep 30, 2010.

1. omgimscrewed

omgimscrewed BamBam

Credit:
    text based games were my first introduction to MMORPGS. i got addicted to em back in 1996? the first i ever played was a local one that our ISP made at that time. the 2nd one i got hooked on was "In the Dead of night" i guess it has that nostalgic quality to it.

I never played any graphic MMORPGS, i guess one thing about text based rpgs is not much installation is needed, and i guess sky's the limit to creativity. I like games that have weird/unique themes. anything different, and if its text based, you'd have more chances of finding something you wouldn't find in your average MMOrpg that mostly give you the same stuff.

2. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Some text based games were really good like Utopia. They had excellent gameplay, just no graphics. In fact you wouldn't really need graphics anyway, because a lot about that game had to do with numbers. In fact you could say it was more of a math based game, than a text based game. Anyway it's kinda hard to make graphics based on numbers.

3. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    Lolz,but that about Gameforge text based games.

4. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    Lucky that the Dutch server isn't corrupted.

And I wonder what the mods and staffs in the Travian US forums will acted in Gameogre forums.They probably will get banned forever and will get a message that says,you don't deserve to be a mod or staff.

5. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Did you mean GameForge or GameOgre? I like some text games and I am a mod:D. Text games can be awesome if done right.

6. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    Gameforge of course,what do you think about their text based games.I think they're all terrible since the gameplay is just click and hit and their quest and storyline don't have enough depth!

7. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    i just dont have a imagination so i guess i cant play text based games, but at least i got my bro icegrimreaper with

8. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    In that case, I agree:D. I was talking about all text games.

9. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    I still needs opinions about Gameforge text based games.

10. shugo

Credit:
    personally I kind of doubt that is going to happen, which is kind of sad really

11. shugo

Credit:
    you mean the german company right?

I don't think it's the point and click that bothers me. I just don't get their games. bitefight i mean come on, what a concept. That just shows to me, that trying to be too original doesn't work either

12. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    Yes, the German company Gameforge. Their games don't appeal to me. They already abandoned two text based games, one's called Space4k and the other is Metal Damage.