1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Browser RTS City Building Games.

Discussion in 'MMORTS and Strategy Games' started by ice grim reaper, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    What do you think about games like Travian,Tribal Wars,Evony,Empire Craft,War of Legends etc.

To be honest,all Browser RTS games suck.Players quit because larger players catted their villages and steal their resource everyday.Even bigger players quit since maintaining a bunch of villages from attacks and other thing is hard and it takes real life away from them.So I think these types of games shouldn’t deserve to live.

2. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I hear you on that one, that's why I don't like travian. There is no strategy behind it, just being superactive and early, is enough to win.

3. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    I been playing Ministry of War, its alright. Its fun, helps pass the time, and its a bit more up to date than some of those other games you mentioned. ;)

4. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    Really?Well that pretty nice.Most of those Browser RTS don't update that much,they only update once every 2 years.I would also like to add Khan Wars,Lords Online,Utopia Online,Ikariam and Ogame.

5. shugo

Credit:
    utopia online? don't you mean utopia kingdoms?

6. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    Utopia Online is a old game.It's the first Browser RTS Game in the internet which leaded to the growth of Browser RTS Games.

Also:Converter - Battle reports Travian

Copy the link and you will see a battle report.My account is Ice Grim Reaper and the weird guy who attacked me is Midnighter.The game has no strategy.The Travian US Forums is messed up,there's too much flaming,spamming and insults.Even the mods and staff flame,spam and insult to the community too!

7. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    got into evony for a month but the only way to live was to depend on alliance. and then my alliance broke up and i got bored. I still remember my Alliance leader to this day. "patten" me and him had great times together but those day are gone

8. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    Well that's sad.After the server ends in Travian,I'm never going to play any Browser RTS games ever!I'm going to catch up on my Travians(different game) account.

9. shugo

Credit:
    man that sounds bad... I remember playing that game for a couple of weeks on the Dutch server and even we didn't have all those flamers. Personally I detest such an atmosphere. Thank goodness we don't have that on gameogre.

10. shugo

Credit:
    Personally I'd keep playing, if and whenever I find a good one. I like strategy games more than any other genre. But it's hard to find a really good game that I like.

11. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    Same here too.I probably think there's one game Browser RTS Game somewhere in the future,but not right now.

12. Ender66

Ender66 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    If you think all MMORTS are the same, you have got to check out Ministry of War. Nothing else even comes close.

13. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    *cough* have to say though you guys need to get it into open beta.. getting a little tired of the wipes, not getting any purple heroes and waiting for the real deal :p

14. Ender66

Ender66 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Then keep you eyes peeled, news is coming soon.

btw, you didn't get any Purples with those 100 Tavern refreshes we sent everyone? I'll send everyone some more on Monday. :eek::eek:

15. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    I didnt get any purple out of the 200 tavern refreshes we got :(, I know it made me want to cry! My hubby didnt get any purples from them either, but his lucky butt got one like the first day after the wipe so he doesnt count lol.

Woot more refreshes!

16. Ender66

Ender66 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Haha sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better I don't don't have any Purple Heroes either, but I do have some Purple Merchants and Missionaries.

Hopefully you'll get one this week!

17. Julein

Credit:
    i wanna a tbs like fire emblem that would be awesomely epic. Fire Emblem is best game boy game eva

18. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    I think I'll look at Ministry of War sometime. Anyways I found something funny in the Travian US forums about how can you escape from Travian:

As someone who has quit the game, let me walk you through this.

1. Screw up your account majorly and on purpose when you decide you are going to quit. This makes it impossible for you to change your mind and continue playing. With your account destroyed (kill off your troops, poke a neighbor till they destroy you, piss off your entire alliance, ect) you can't come back to that account.

2. Don't go in with the mindset of "I will just finish this round then I won't come back next round." It never works. You will come back.

3. You will get urges to play again. When this happens don't start an account on .US servers. Go to a domain that doesn't speak your language. Make your account, play a little, then you will get bored and leave again. Repeat as needed till the urge to play is gone.

4. Don't let others bring you back. Lothair is on a strict death warning that if he convinces me to play another round, I get to hurt him badly. He has tempted me but a "don't do this to me" usually gets him to back off.

5. "I'm not playing" has to be you mantra. If you say it enough you will start to believe it.

6. Find another thing to do online. Another game that doesn't take money, isn't ongoing, doesn't require you to be there constantly checking for incomings, starving troops, and capped resources.

7. Get your damn school work done! How are you going to get into a decent college with Cs and Ds? For shame!

19. Julein

Credit:
    XD after all my friends left Evony i left and never even thought about coming back but nice guide

20. ice grim reaper

ice grim reaper Brute

Credit:
    Oh, it's not my guide, it's some person guide who wrote it in the Travian US forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.