1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

PvP MMORPGs

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by KaganZ, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaganZ

KaganZ Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    ---PvP---

I think Pvp is an important part of a game. Pvp needs to be exciting and there has to balance between classes.
    Unfortunatly most MMORPGS have these balancing problems. Another thing that makes PvP great is the scenario or
    map you play in. In MMORPGS there are the main: Capture the flag, Hold a base and keep it or kill a certain amount
    of people before the time runs out. Also it makes it more exciting if you got some sort of loot.

---Best PvP Experiences---

Well to be honest the best PvP game WAS (people are gonna kill me for saying this) runescape before they ridded it of Wilderness.
    Single player PvP in RS wasnt ever fun. But once you joined clans it would be awesome. Ok the game lacks skill. You click and click. and it is usually the case of the
    more food you have the longer you survive. But clan wars rocked. Once we had a clan war and had over 150 members participate.
    We would go to lvl 40 wildy and wait for the other clan. If you were targetted you were pretty much dead. But
    for those that survived there was awesome awesome loot. (expecially if it was a members only clan war)
    It also gave you this scared feeling knowing that you were going to lose your items when you died. (But i guess this added to
    the adrenaline)

After DAoC though the PvP world changed. That was and maybe still is the best Pvp 'feeling' game.
    I have never actually played DAoC but Warhammer I have. They both have similiar pvp systems as they were both created by Mythic.
    The Pvp in these games really require you to work together because if your a lone wolf dont expect to survive.

For those who would prefer small PvP like 2v2 or 5v5 theres only one game that excells in this Genre of pvp. Guild Wars.
    It is by far the most balanced game out there. If you find a good guild you can expect to have a couple of guild wars per week
    and if you;re using vent its really humurous when someone freaks out :p.

I'll just talk about one last game and finish this off. My second greatest Pvp experience would have to be doing the
    "For the Alliance" achievement in WoW. I was one of the first to get the black war bear and we actually got this achievement
    done in day time. After doing all the smaller cities (population wise) when we got to Orgrimmar there was a whole bunch of Horde '
    waiting for us at Thrall. We had to Summon over another raid group from SW to take care of the defenders while the other group
    took on Thrall. This has been a great experience also.

In conclusion I'd saying if you want balanced intense fun Pvp go with guild wars. If you are in it for the loot go with runescape.
    If you like aiming and want to play a Roleplay MMORPG go with Conquer online if you dont mind the graphics. Also if you dont
    mind paying and have a good computer go with DAoC/WAR or WoW. In the end though these are preferences. Someone might prefer runescape
    pvp over WAR. Also if you bothered reading up to this point I hope you enjoyed this article on pvp games and I would like to see
    your best pvp experiences posted :)

Thanks, KaganZ

2. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    I agree with you totally, DAoC has one of te best PvP systems ever, Fury was also good. The problem is that you will get a game which has perfect combat or PvP, i'm gona use Age of Conan as an example. It had one of the best combat systems out there, wich in urn madeit's PvP great. But it lacked PvE, which i something nearl every MMORPG, and especially Conan, needs.

I crave PvP, and the bst PvP you can ge is in shooters, but at the same time love the sociability of a MMORPG. When they make a decent MMORPGFPS, with RPG and Shooter elements, hell it could even be third-person. I'd play it, then i'd play it some more, and more till the end of time.

Or at least until the invent holograpic bikini models.

3. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Awesome writeup! I did bother to read to that point:D.

4. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Shooters do have awesome PvP! I also loved the PKing in Diablo:D.

5. bonniesweet

bonniesweet BamBam

Credit:
    i like pvp games so that ppl can be more involved in the game. among the pvp games, i like the guilds and shadow of legend.you can do onte-to-one or guilds-to-guilds. take the shadow of legend as example, ppl can do castle siege and arena and get paid by diamonds to buy things in item mall.open pvp is fun for ppl.:D

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This post is now linked on the front page of GameOgre.com. Great job, KaganZ:).

7. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    did you ever try pvp in a free mmorpgs?

8. KaganZ

KaganZ Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Actually I did. I played Knight online for a while. The Wars were nice but I probably didn't like it coz I usually got owned XD

9. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Rohan has awesome PvP. Hitlist ftw! Does any mmo have a better system for revenge?

10. BlackTear2009

BlackTear2009 Big Brute

Credit:
    Lineage 2 have great PvP and PK system...

11. moonlight

moonlight Spiked Club

Credit:
    Ragnarok.. You can have fun killing them in pk zone and pvp arena. xD

12. stolpen

stolpen BamBam

Credit:
    i enjoyed pvp in RO

13. megamanx22

megamanx22 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    pvp

pvpwise league of legends by far bestest pvp game ever played.

14. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    my favorite experienwas raiding in WoW with three 60's... Me with my shammy, my bro with is warrior, and my friends with his priest. we even took down the flightmaster but eventually a lvl 80 got there and it was so fun evading him while attacking his lower lvled team mates.

15. projector

projector Madness Project The Pit

Credit:
    silkroad online is the best as u can pvp with help of other... same as the guild wars and other wars u get.. its the best for me xD

16. Sail338

Sail338 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    How about epicduel?

17. ruz

ruz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    u want pvp look for the pvp in runescape man u get to be killed by higher lvl player or get a kill it always interesting

18. ruz

ruz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    runescape benifits

hello!todays topic i runescape benifits have u ever thought that the runescape members get a lot of benifits compared to the free players and i think that aint fair i mean i know that the members pay to play but the free players should get some benifits from the mem only benifits atleast the skillcapes well if not how is a free player gona show of his 99 lvs iif thers no skillcape and this could occur as they aint got no membership this could be due to the following facts:
    *maybe their parents dont trust to give out their credit card info online
    *maybe they cant afford it
    *maybe the kids got the money but parents wont allow them 2 use their credit card
    *now they could buy a game card of runscape but it might not be availabe were theey live
    these can be the factors due to which all the above problems happen and wat do the kids do ? they find this website and get a card :smartass:

19. ruz

ruz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    i think its a great way to show of ur power

20. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    What website and what does RuneScape have to do with PvP MMORPGs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.