1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Cataclysm Thoughts?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Joker, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Who has Cataclysm here besides me? If you have it, what do you think of the expansion? :sunny:

2. Necrotic555

Necrotic555 Big Brute

Credit:
    Meh, got it 2 days ago. Honestly?

I just same old boring wow with NEW kill X quests, the raids are nothing new though still kinda fun, new monsters to use the same moves on and....

a fat dragon.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
  3. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    So far so good:). The only problem is that my server is very hard to get into right now.

4. KaganZ

KaganZ Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I have to completely agree. Even though the new zones are interesting and fun, the quests and dungeons are the same. Nothing really new.

5. Joker

Credit:
    What did you expect to be so new? I hope you weren't expecting Darkfall :eek:

6. origarti

origarti Little Spike

Credit:
    its okay basically i think its the same wow nothing new

7. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    Its wow with a face lift

8. origarti

origarti Little Spike

Credit:
    Finally someone understands me

9. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    lol it just came to me

10. adidas1337

adidas1337 BamBam

Credit:
    i have it but they need to add stuff to cata like more dungeons more items getting raid stuff is a pain if u dont have a guild that raids weekly

11. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    cata did not save wow for me. i have moved on to rift!

12. bucky

bucky Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    so far it sucks.
    to noob friendly... the
    starting quest from lvl 1 got fun but
    other than that its the same WoW but more noob friendly.
    i didnt even bought the cata just played the trial and saw alot of friend playing and talking about it. so far its a 4/10
    the only reason why game reviewers give this game a good review is because blizzard paid them. its called marketing and its clear that this expansion does not deserve more than a 7.5 max out of 10

13. KaganZ

KaganZ Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Well now it's been several months into the expansion, and even though it is still a great game, let me tell you why for many people it feel "empty":

1. The questing from 80-85 is way too linear... The only option you have is at 80 whether to go to Vash'jir or Hyjal. After that choice at 82 you go to Deepholm, 83 Uldum, 84 Twilight Highlands. In Wotlk, every 2, 3 levels you had a choice between many zones. Now it feels more like an RPG instead.

2. Grinding. At 85 to get decent gear now it is way too grindy. Don't get me wrong I know MMO's are time consuming and all but now, doing dailies day in day out to get exalted with 5 different factions really burns out a player.

3. Difficulty. The game has become more difficult. I like it, i wanted for it to be difficult, however many others don't. What they should have done was, now that they have 3 raids at 85, make one of they 'easy', another 'medium-hard' and the last one 'very hard' This way people would have a sense of progression.

See if we compare the entry level raids of 85 to 80 it is much more difficult. At 80 you started with naxx, it wasn't very hard, at all. Then you moved onto Sarth, which was a little bit harder but still easy. However if you really wanted to challenge yourself there was Malygos, and Sarth 3D.

At 85 however, all the starter raids are difficult, you don't have much to work with its, do or die.

In due time, the difficulty will ease, with welfare epics in 4.1 and with JP buying T11 in 4.2

Regardless though, I loved BC and wotlk much more then I will ever love Cataclysm, I just can't get over the "empty" feeling.

14. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    I'm guessing from these replies that cataclysm isn't that great.

15. ssakiya

ssakiya Little Spike

Credit:
    kinda miss the old-world Azeroth, =p seriously, For me I am loving the new guild system, I have seen players doing multiple things with their guild members to build rep and raise the guilds level while growing closer as a guild..

Gamersloot.net

16. Joker

Credit:
    Old school WoW was better.

17. Brochador

Brochador BamBam

Credit:
    I think it is a lot better than wrath but not as good as Burning Crusade was (I never thought I'd say burning crusade was good but in compairison to the last two expansions it actually was good...)

18. regoin

regoin Little Spike

Credit:
    I think Blizzard need to come with something spectaculair in the next expansion or else it will fail but never played vannila and tbc but even I am bored about cata (less then in wotlk) but doing arena only reason for that is that you need skill for it to do at high rating and dungeons and raid it like you guys said same move same set up no other thing hoping for blizzard that it will become free else they will lose alot oo people because for 13 euro you can play rift or something else with better grafics and less bored

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.