1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Why don't you play WOW?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Drama, Jan 28, 2011.

Why don't you play WoW?

1. I do play WoW o.0

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Played WoW....Don't like it

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. It's too expensive

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  4. Not Interested/It's all pep

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  5. Too "nerdy" for me

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    I'm just curious based on all this WOW commotion sometimes to see why some people don't play WOW.

Too expensive per month for me.

Poll time!

2. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    cuz i dont like that type of game.

3. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It's one of those that tend to consume your life. I just don't have the time for something like that. :(

4. Drama

Credit:
    takes about 2 months 6 hrs a day for you to get lvl 85 I have been told....A lot of time...sorta not really if you are a gamer tho

5. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I'll admit that WoW is expensive, but when you think about it it's really not too bad. When it comes down to it it's really less than $15 a month. Considering I pay $20 a month just so I can send 160 character text messages to people, 15 bucks to play the most popular MMORPG of all-time as much as I want doesn't seem too greedy.

I have a life. There is no game in the world that consumes your life. If people get addicted to WoW that's their personal problem with self control.

So? I play 1-2 hours a day maximum. I won't hit lvl 85 anytime soon.. but I also don't see why I need to hit it in 2 months?

6. Jan`go Vhett

Jan`go Vhett Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Too expensive for me atm.

7. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    I played WoW and didnt like it. I dont find the graphics that stunning. The characters look horrible in design, and I found the whole game rather dumbed down. Its definitely not worth it to pay to play it, though to be honest I still wouldnt play it if it was free lol.

8. Drama

Credit:
    Just gave a round-about perspective of how much time it takes to max your character's level. After that it isn't really much time.

My friend quit when the cap was 80 (different friend). It took him about 6 weeks and he only played 4-6 hours a day constantly grinding i think..

Just saying that in 2 months it isnt very hard to go from a noob to an expert at the game. You still have a ton of quests to do but w/e.....you just want the reward not like it has any actual meanin to most people.

Never said this was aimed towards you PSU...was just responding to Noche's comment since he acted like it took forever to get maxed lvl.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
  9. Xavator

Xavator Clubbed For Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    I think that the main kick in the game is because it's WoW. I mean, many players play DotA and Warcraft, and having the ability to play your favourite character and level them up in an RPG setting instead of an RTS point of view is just awesome for some players.

If WoW was a one-time pay MMORPG, I would definitely play it

10. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    I agree on the dumbing down but i like wows art style... Its a lot more smooth the other games are.

11. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I played wow for more then 5 years now, 2 years on some private servers and 3 on original Lightning's Blade EU realm. The thing is, what do u expect of wow to be and why do u play? Atm i dont play it for more then 6 months, 2 busy on college...
    U can play wow whole day every day or 6 hrs per week and in both ways u can have the same amount of fun, and wow is game like that. I enjoy questing and i did almost every quest in all 2 expansions [TBC-WOTLK]and some pvp also. On the other side there is active raiding where u need to be online every day for at least 2 hours, that part can also be very fun if u have active and friendly guild, but u need to spend more time in-game...

The choice is completly on you...

But overall wow is a great game, and it isn't strange why 7 million ppl logs inn every day...

12. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
  13. Xavator

Xavator Clubbed For Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    unless you're working, then money ain't such a big deal. $15 a month right? That's hardly a small part from someone earning a decent income

14. Julein

Credit:
    dude u can just like work 2-3 hours for your parents... or allowance. If you have a reall job 15$ a month is not that much... cell phones are like 81$ average. Cable or dish is idk

15. Necrotic555

Necrotic555 Big Brute

Credit:
    I used to... not anymore. wow ha been going down the drain ever since cata.

and theres this one mod.. he isnt exactly "nice"

coughghostcrawlercough

16. Shade_Koopa

Shade_Koopa MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    The game is not worth to pay month by month. Plus it really no fun, point and click, just like all the other MMORPG out there.

17. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    This. People who think WoW is expensive need to open their eyes. Either their 10 years old and probably shouldn't be playing anyway or they are extremely poor, in which case they should probably be worried about things other than gaming.

18. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I play WoW. but I may cancel my subscription soon. DC Universe and League of Legends are taking most of my playing time these days.

19. Julein

Credit:
    Okay i only have a job from August to November, and then the rest of my money comes from working for my parents... if you have a real job or any sort of income WoW is ridiculously cheap

20. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Shocking, too expensive is winning:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.