1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Wii, 360, or ps3?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Webber, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hi/

I still have a ps2 but will get new game system soon. which is better? i have dvd player so dont neecd that

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    There all good you have to decide for yourself.

3. mmoman

mmoman Little Spike

Credit:
    Tough Call! I love my PS3 because of GTA 4 but the Wii is awesome to. You should stay away from the 360.

4. FightOYoLife

FightOYoLife Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    I would have to agree. I don't think M$ stepping into the console genre was a good thing. Sure they have some good games and all, but it just doesn't feel right to me! For graphics and total awesomeness go with the PS3, but for a workout and pure entertainment the Wii is the way to go. It really depends on what you're looking for.

5. insanespoon

insanespoon DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    I own all 3 and I have to say this: they are all great. It depends on what your prereference is. If you want a large community and don't mind paying 8 $ a month to play xbox online, play 360. It has the online know how to be very simplified.

For great graphics and almost no trash talkers online (I've had the PS3 for a month only 1 annoying kid!)Most games 3rd party games are for both systems, I'd recommend the PS3 for the best online community in a console ( everybodys pretty cool.)

If your a hardcore gamer, dont bother with the Wii. Its designed to be for casual players who are getting into video games. The online is just annoying, friend codes no voice chat and whatnot. So much shovelware Its impossible to count.

Overall, I'd recommend PS3.

6. Sansbar

Sansbar Club Swinger

Credit:
    Dont 360s break all time? I heard Wiis are the most popular in US over ps3 and 360.

7. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Wii's are the most popular in the world.

8. insanespoon

insanespoon DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    They don't break, they come out broken ( you have about a 1in 4 or a 1 in 3 chance of getting a broken one)

I would recommend ps3 anyways, i was severely disappointed with my wii.

9. Eviran

Eviran Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    360s are garbage. Get a PS3! You will thank me for it :p

10. Socal

Socal Little Spike

Credit:
    I most play on the PC, but my kids love their Wii better than any other system yet.

11. MMOMajor

MMOMajor Club Swinger

Credit:
    im gonna WII WII.shuld'a been called the nintendo pii i have it its cool but the name....its not next gen style.

12. alistaly

alistaly Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Well for me I would have to say if I wanted more fun I would go Wii but if I wanted to have a better gaming experience as in like have a more intersting and better graphic game I would choose PS3. And I do think 360's probably would break because over here EB Games was selling them for $250 with Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock and the aracde system which comes with 5 games.

13. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    360 got best graphics if u want graphics take 360 if u want fun wii and ahh idk what 2 say bout ps3 coz i love my ps2 <3

14. TEAMBAJA

TEAMBAJA Arcade Veteran Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I have a Wii and a 360 that I never play. But I play the arcade here a couple times a day, what does that mean? Guess I still like the simple games! :D

15. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    In terms of graphics, both are a tie, but with the PS3 having a very slight upperhand.

The PlayStation 3 does a better job of dealing with antialiasing and shadows, whereas the Xbox 360 provides a slightly more detailed environment with better textures and normal mapping.

16. yehtut36

yehtut36 BamBam

Credit:
    I'd say WII, PS3 has good graphics but it lags out in game control system compared to WII

17. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Wii's the best control system, and loads of casual games

But PS3 is the best console IMO, because it's got loads of the more better action and shooter games that Wii doesn't have, and it's cheaper than the 360, because it's got free multiplayer, built-in blu-ray player and better fans and graphics (though i won't worry too much about the graphics because it's practically the same as the 360)

18. Rebirth

Rebirth Professional Kimchi Eater The Pit

Credit:
    Disagree. Get 360. Great games and online system.

19. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    The Wii is the best one for a majority of people, but these people are all not gamers, if you like playing games such as CoD, Halo, or Far Cry, then you should get either the PS3 or the 360, as the Wii doesn't have as many "Hard-core" games. The PS3 has lots of advantages, as it has free multiplayer gaming, it has silenter fans and it has a built-in blu-ray player to combine blu-ray player with console, however, I seem to hear in some places that the 360 has better online (I have no idea how), and has more exclusive games (such as Fable II), all I know is that you get the 360 if you don't have enough money for the PS3. :)

20. Rebirth

Rebirth Professional Kimchi Eater The Pit

Credit:
    Guys, name 1 good game that PS3 has the XBox doesn't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.