1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Obama Signs NDAA Bill

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Vocal, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
  2. Krew

Krew Top 10 Reborn Again Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I personally don't mind it.
    Not doing anything wrong?
    No need to worry about it...

My personal feeling is the only people who would really get offended by this are the people who are afraid they at doing illegal activities... If you aren't doing anything wrong, no need to worry ;D

~Krewe

3. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    this is disgusting.

4. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    doesn't really seem like it effects me really so w/e...

5. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Don't believe it will cause issues now, and understand why he would sign it...only time will tell if it allows bad things to happen.

@exo: why? Try to be constructive here.

6. Krew

Credit:
    The only reason I can see people might have a problem is because it is trial-less.
    However, if you are a suspected terrorist they have a pretty darn good idea that you might be a terrorist. And that isn't taken lightly. Follow these rules and you won't be affected.

1) Don't do anything illegal.
    2) Don't joke about anything illegal.
    3) Don't be an idiot.

Done.

7. hack10

hack10 Ogre Star Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't really care about political anyway xD

8. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:

One of the basic tennents of this nation is the requirement of a fair trial, so that option four doesn't exist:
    4) don't upset a politician

9. Krew

Credit:
    5) No Dick-Pics

10. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    But this is for the military.. extremely different than the politicians. And I trust the military much more than I do the government.

Personally I disagree with this but for different reasons. I don't like the idea of indefinite detention because it means paying for terrorists to rot in a cell. Just give them a quick death; still a hell of a lot better than what they would do to Americans.

11. Krew

Credit:
    I agree with the just killing them, however, there are two problems.

1) It is more expensive to kill them, then to house them.
    2) People would riot if this was the case... Humane groups and such. Like the ACLU.

12. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I stopped reading that article after the first line

not exactly the brightest fellow that author

13. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    1) No it isn't. Keeping them prisoner requires constantly paying for their food and water, plus the infrastructure they are being maintained in. Rope is cheap and reusable.

2) Do we, the American people, know every time we capture a terrorist? Of course not, unless its say, Saddam Hussein. Like I said in my other post, leave this to the military where it belongs, not with the politicians and their various organizations. It's not like they throw around the death penalty lightly anyway, if someone can indeed be determined a terrorist by the military then they can handle disposing of them quietly. The news stations don't need to know about it.

14. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Yes we should do to them what we did to osoma. It's effective and permanent

I don't think it's that hard to determine if someone is a terrorist or a good american citizen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  15. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I don't see what this has to do with my post but I'll respond to it.

I disagree, it's very hard. Undercover operatives and such. Plus the fact that we have freedom of religion here, it's not like you can just discriminate and say that any Muslim is a terrorist, it's simply flat out wrong.

16. Krew

Credit:
    1) Yes it is, it is a political thing, you have to pay for all the legal stuff and the political stuff. We learned about the difference between the death penalty and the life sentence. It is more expensive to kill the man.

2) People would riot because we wouldn't be arrest well known terrorists. A majority of the time with this bill we would be arrest people without a trial that no one knows since these would be suspected terrorists. And if this suspected terrorist was a well known person in the community it might/probably would start a riot because there was no trial. And technically everyone has a right to a fair trial. About the news stations, the news stations would find out by ear. If it was in a community where people were tight-nit people would know someone was arrest by the FBI (Since it is a federal issue), so word of mouth would spread eventually to the news.

I agree 100%.
    It will not be a sure shot guess of who is and isn't. In fact one of the terrorists who was involved with 9/11 you would have never guessed was a terrorist. (The one who was flying the Pennsylvania plane.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  17. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Uh...
    The government were watching the every move of the people who did 9/11 even before they entered into this country. They had all the intel and knew that it was a fact that they were terrorists. The only reason that they succeeded was because the government agencies didn't share the information and spying on them was technically illegal since they were on us soil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.