1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

World of Tanks-chat (small-talk about everything)

Discussion in 'World of Tanks' started by ufbre, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    ok boys :)
    we have 8,9 day left till the end of this contest hurry up and post/threads fill out tasks so that you have more then 2 500 points on the end of contest,so that you can have double forum points :)
    and let the best man win :)

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Started playing around with a T-50 today, being a tier 4 in a tier 8 battle is quite scary.

3. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    It didn't use to be that scary when T-50 was much faster than now, now it must be extremely scary

4. El Monstro De Galleta

El Monstro De Galleta Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  5. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Hawx1990SRBIJA Iron Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    T-50 is scout than, so it will go in tier 8 battles very often, so i wouldnt play that tank. XD
    You cant penetrate anyone, you are there to run like hell and spot red tanks.
    Ps. Running like hell in T-50 is not that fast now, they nerf it extremly.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yeah it's a rather useless scout these days, it's just too slow and it's view range doesn't help much either. I was struggling to close in on a teammate KV-1S on flat land in a straight line lol. Now the KV-1S does have some speed for it's size but dang.

Mostly using it as a mobile sniper in lower tiers, higher tiers especially 7-8 I just try to support the heavies... checking flanks to their position, scouting ahead... ^ assuming the heavy isn't faster than me x.x

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Destiny ran out, my bank mixed up and it wasn't cleared up until today and the sale ended already D: O well fingers crossed these sales aren't rare.

8. El Monstro De Galleta

Credit:
    Aaddron, the T50-2 was utterly insane as a scout. So hard to hit and even when you dod odds where it would bounce.

9. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    this is actually a great comparison, you're exactly like a Pz38na
    And this is horrible, as Pz38na is the epic fail of scouts, and it's been like that for years - and instead of buffing the poor Pz and make that one useful, they went the other way and nerfed the useful tank instead.

They aren't, but you will have to wait at least a month for another one with the same tanks

10. El Monstro De Galleta

Credit:
    Yeah the Pz38na was the most difficult tank to play for me. Even worse than the M3 Lee. And I had the 38na way back when I knew far less about the game than I do now...err, not that I know that much anyway.

11. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    new world of tanks spec task 31 is up
    add spec time interval in hh-mm
    (follow the Eastern time)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    Puttin the KV on ice for now, I'm a bad combination of suck and bad luck. A meager 35% win rate in 51 battles in this tank. *yikes* Gonna spare the WoT NA server of anymore of my KV grief lol.

13. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    exactly the same for me, it was my first branch I played, when I was going for the PzIV... 38na almost made me uninstall the game, it's a tank in which pro's struggle, let alone newbies!!! And they decided more tanks should be like that...

are you sure about that? 35% win rate isn't necessarily your own fault, it could be that you were just in a bunch of crappy teams (and you were in a stockish tank after all) .

14. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Credit:
    I dont know, KV-1 is one of better tanks for me.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
    It's one of the better tanks for many people. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, gonna practice some more before jumping back in.

16. duk

duk Little Spike

Credit:
    How it is possible to have 35% with kv-1?
    To be honest, such a score is normal for someone who is using bot.
    However, let's say it was just a bad luck. :)

What is your survive percent?
    Hit percent?
    How many destroyed?
    Kill/death ratio?
    Dmg ratio?

You are doing something wrong, maybe rushing to enemy and die early with few damage dealt, or avoiding combats?
    KV-1 is best tank in tier 5, and best money maker due to it's high damage.
    So if you plan to keep playing wot it would bee good for you to learn to play this tank.
    The best way is to watch some replay, and see how other players play with it.
    You should watch your replay, and try to find mistakes.

Best regards o/

17. El Monstro De Galleta

Credit:
    Aaddron, are you rushing out alone? Try to play more conservative, if you do so with that tank you can setthe pace for your team.

I will check for you again to platoon...then we can burn together lol

18. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Credit:
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha..... XD
    You cant rush in KV1, you are way to slow. XD
    Try not to be first in battles, because you have low view range and low cammo value, so if you are pushing on the open map you are dead as a dodo. In city maps dont show your side while cornering, go diagonal. Use consumables, and put some equipment on it.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm not sure what your trying to suggest here, I don't bot.

What is your survive percent? 32%
    Hit percent? 72%
    How many destroyed? 39 (.75 per)
    Kill/death ratio? not sure
    Dmg ratio? 389

In my defense some of the numbers are off as I was learning the tank and still upgrading... pretty much upgraded now though. I don't rush, if anything I play a little too conservatively but I always trying to pick an advance that makes sense and stick with it. Never cross open fields unless very start of the match. Always try to head for more enclosed routes and take advances that fight in town areas. Never show them the rear. Use cover... angle etc. I know these things, don't do them perfectly every time but it's not like I'm driving out into the open, parking and then lobbing shots at an army of 5 tanks either.

Majority of my losses seem to be this, we advance... we get shutdown, now we are outnumbered and not much we can do. Sometimes this happens before I can even get there because these dummies decided to push to far and fast.

20. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    You just described why I lost so many nerves in 2 years of playing WoT and became much less friendly person than I was before I started playing this game xD

However, your average damage seems to be very low, basically, if you don't do at least your own tanks HP worth of damage in games, you're doing something wrong, so if that number doesn't increase overtime, then it's not just the dummies that are the problem. Though they're always going to bring that number down xD