1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Pendants of Skill

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by Drama, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    On the Squeal of Fortune this weekend, Yelps is offering increased chances to grab Pendants of Skill: new wearable items allowing you to earn up to a 3x XP boost for a specific skill. They come in two fetching varieties: Pendants of Skill and the even juicier Prized Pendants of Skill.

Pendants of Skill double the XP earned in their associated skill, up to an amount of bonus XP equivalent to a large XP lamp. If you’re really lucky, you could grab yourself a Prized Pendant of Skill that will triple the rate you will earn XP when worn, for as much bonus XP as you'd get in a huge XP lamp.

The amount of bonus XP each pendant contains is dependent on the level of your relevant skill when you claimed them. Once these pendants are exhausted, they will degrade and can be kept as a nice cosmetic keepsake.

The pendants will be available from tomorrow (Friday 27 July), only via the Squeal of Fortune.

As Yelps is feeling particularly generous, anyone who spins this weekend will have a greater chance of bagging one! From Friday 27th to Monday 30th inclusive (GMT) Pendants of Skill are in Common slots and Prized Pendants of Skill in Uncommon slots. After this weekend Pendants of Skill move to Uncommon and Prized Pendants of Skill move to Rare slots, so get spinning this weekend!

Don’t forget that members get two daily spins instead of one, so subscribing is a sound way to double your chances to win per day. Check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki page for more ways to get extra spins.

Good luck!

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

2. Drama

Credit:
    Saddens me that NO other update has ever received this much attention. Quite outrageous that 10 updates have been added already this year for it.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Sequel of Fortune... Sequel of Fortune!... have we mentioned Sequel of Fortune yet? O hey, Sequel of Fortune.... I wish they would shut up about it already... I mean it's kinda neat but dang it's really not that special :/

I'm sick of it, every week it's a new Sequel of Fortune member only bonus... or a new "Join Members today!" gimmick :/ Few hours ago I got two emails about 20 minutes apart... one titled *Username Removed*, The Biggest Giveaway Ever! and another *Username Removed* over 1 million XP for you!

Both were the EXACT same email.... touting that stupid Summer Members deal coming in August... it's not a bad deal per-say but dang they are so lazy they just made one universal email and sent it out twice to highlight the two main advantages.

4. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    As a bonus, we get such easy to read nonsense in the email as this:
    They could have at least continued to alternate lettercase of the four things they said.

"All of this adds up in value totaling over $45".
    Are they quantifying the value of xp in this too? Slippery slope to just letting xp be bought, guys... which unfortunately is where I'm afraid they're starting to head.

5. Drama

Credit:
    I understand less and less people are playing the game. But they are just going to end up making this a terrible game in the end.

Personally I still blame Mod Mark Gerhard, CEO of Jagex in 2007-present.

6. Drama

Credit:
    [video=Optimus / Primed Bot Nuke...? Restricted Access Servers? Combat Beta Vote? Friday Fanmail #30]4554[/video]

Even Jagex's closest player-based youtube channel RuneShark (two people, James and Simon) disapprove of this repetitive squeal update nonsense.

Not only that but trim comp capers, comp capers, max capers, and everyone alike that would be 'special' hates it for the most part.

7. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I bet somewhere down the line this ends in a CEO resigning or firing... followed by the new CEO releasing a apology to the fanbase, followed by an announcement of turning over a new leaf, going back to the roots of what makes RuneScape great and putting the focus back on the players. Except it'll just be a ruse to get people to come back. :/

8. Drama

Credit:
    Well, Jagex isn't only to blame. It's IV. The investors. IV, Insight Venture Partners for short.

Guess what MMO they pretty much killed already?

Maplestory

Now since 2010 they are 55% of the investor stock.

Nexon wasn't to blame really at all.

But see, the CEO is to blame because they are the one that falls for this scheme and has no balls to say NO or okay but if we do add X microtransaction, it won't be that big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.