1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Triple Triad forum dupes - please ignore

Discussion in 'Triple Triad' started by vyeh, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epine

Epine Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    premium tank yea unless its for cw because prems are usually weaker than nonprem

2. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I agree with Jared, all the best guys.

3. AnimePhreak

AnimePhreak 唯一無二の暴君 Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    UM 'jokerjejemon is my name'

4. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  5. ufbre

Credit:
    no need for them tier V is inaf

6. ufbre

Credit:
    T26E4 Super Pershing

7. infina

infina MMORPG Addict Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The match between DMT and Webber reached the deadline. Since Webber didn't react to my pm and DMT said he also didn't get a reply, DMT will go to the next round. Webber still has a chance to play in the Lower Brackets though, he's not out of the tournament. It's a bit harsh to give someone a loss, but it's in the rules and we don't want this tournament to take several months to finish, like last one.

@Webber: if you read this and don't agree with this decision, you can pm me.

Round 2 matches:

Lumlehsumleh VS AnimePhreak

Infina VS DMT

Supernatural VS Hack10

Kingsfield VS Raybaek

The deadline for these matches will be the 4th of November.

Remember that you're not out of the tournament after your first loss. The lower brackets have been posted now. You can make it all the way to the grand finals through these brackets. Matches in the lower brackets will start when Round 2 matches are finished.

8. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Obviously the greate magic wand is better.. Kind of stupid question really

9. Thedarkboy

Credit:
    Greater Mystic Wand is better obviously...

10. Thedarkboy

Credit:
    Probably T26E4 Super Pershing... I like using Typ 59 too though

11. Thedarkboy

Credit:
    Definitely Premium Tank

12. mangathowaway

mangathowaway Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
  13. mangathowaway

Credit:
    I'm not a big fan of Dragon Nest.............

14. mangathowaway

Credit:
    I voted for RaiderZ,Ogre wars and Smite.But I think Smite is the better choice

15. mangathowaway

Credit:
    I voted for RaiderZ,Ogre wars and Smite.But I think Smite is the better choice

16. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Aight, I guess I'll start this off.

General dump of the ideas we had way back when this started! Whee!

We started sketching out the map and coming up with ideas here: Your World of Text

The basic premise: prequel to Ogre Wars. There are three (four? Wompers came back after the game was created) major ogre nations at odds with each other. It's not all-out war yet--this game means to explore the various tensions between them in addition to being a full MUD with monsters, quests, etc.

Quinn actually created the main layout in another MUD and was planning on transferring the code over, but he hasn't been around in months so I think we can call that one a bust for now.

- One major feature of cMUD is that it has built-in races (dwarf, elf, etc.). We're probably going to rename them with more ogreish titles, which is possible within the game interface. The basic races are:

>Drow - strong magic, weaker physically
    >Duergar - see in the dark, stronger physically, good miners
    >Dwarf - see in the dark, good miners, poison resistance
    >Elf - strong magic, weak physically, very fast
    >Gnome - see in the dark, high intelligence
    >Goblin - high intelligence, high dexterity (good thieves)
    >Half Elf - balance of human and elf - good all around
    >Halfling - high dexterity, night vision, resistance to paralysis
    >Human - can be any class. very basic.
    >Ogre (hah) - less intelligence/dexterity; high strength

So if anyone has any ideas for new class names, feel free to brainstorm. More info on the races can be found here.

There are also a ton of classes, but those probably won't need to be modified. They all have built in skill trees that we can use.

So, basically, the game engine includes the basic framework for most things we'll need. There will be tweaking involved but, unlike the first iteration of the MUD, we won't have to make every single thing from scratch. Coding NPCs utterly sucked in Penn. >< (insert obligatory Dora reference here)

The biggest question mark is plot. We can easily tack on zones and monsters later, but I guess the first main thing we need to figure out is what kind of a plot we'll want. Making a full RPG from start to finish will take a LOT of dev time and will require ridiculous amounts of initial planning, so I'm reluctant to encourage that option. I was thinking we could possibly pull an AQW and have a continuous release schedule - the first game release would be just the main city or whatever with some basic quests and a bit of plot, then we could be building the new zones off to one side and release them with a new plot chapter every so often. It would let us focus on smaller sections of the game and give us more of a chance to make them totally awesome before we dump them on the other players. One of the issues in the Penn version was that we were building zones while other players were running around in them and wondering why things weren't finished. If we can keep the "under construction" areas separate from the actual game until they're done it'll give a more polished game experience.

So yeah. That's pretty much what I remember from before. The first time we tried cMUD it worked awesome, but that was right before a major Quinn disappearance so it never really went anywhere.

Oh! A tool we might find useful: Scriblink - Your Online Whiteboard

This thing is awesome for outlining ideas/areas and has a live chat/file transfer system, so it makes a fantastic brainstorming tool. :hz:

I mentioned in chat the other day that I can host on a tower until the MUD gets good enough for GO hosting. I fixed the tower over the weekend so it's usable now, but its Java is kind of borked, so I'm waiting on an install disc to update the OS. If that doesn't fall through I'll just dump Linux on it and we'll go from there. This thing should have zero downtime once it's up, too, so people can build whenever. :)

17. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
  18. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The worst part of it missed me, but the wind was insane. The river basically turned into an ocean and you couldn't walk around outside much because you'd just get blown around as soon as a gust came up. My friend is from the NJ coast, though, so he's really worried about things there right now. :(

As awful as the storm was (and still is), where I am it could have been a lot worse and I'm so thankful it didn't. Many people around here were really underestimating the storm (mostly because Irene wasn't as bad as projected last year) and, had Sandy actually made landfall here, things would have gotten unbelievably nasty--at least as bad as NYC.

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    And this is how you start a good brainstorming thread:). Exactly what we need.

20. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.