1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The Atari 2600 Show on Youtube

Discussion in 'Classic Games' started by Serious, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Serious

Serious MMORPGer The Pit

Credit:
    Any Atari 2600 fans may want to check out the Atari 2600 Show on Youtube.

Every episode, a new Atari 2600 game is chosen, and you can participate by sending in photos of your score for the game that week.

I came in 3rd place on Atari 2600 Pac-Man (I am mentioned on the show as "Serious Atari", which is my name on Facebook).

T-Bone Pearson is the guy who does the show. If you send in your score, let him know I sent you, and that you heard about it on GameOgre!

If you don't have an Atari 2600 and want to participate, you can download the Stella emulator here.

Atarimania has every Atari 2600 game in one download (that you can play with Stella here).

Of course, playing with a real Atari 2600 is better, but Stella is a way to get in on the game if you don't have one.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Nice, I went through all my old retro systems a few days ago and apparently I am missing that one. Got the Pacman cartridge for it, but not the system lol. However, the main Auction I go to has been having a lot of old systems and games for sale there so it is still possible:).

3. Serious

Serious MMORPGer The Pit

Credit:
    Wish I would have known a few weeks ago.. I just unloaded a few spare 2600s I had.. (I tend to accumulate them, as I buy large lots of Atari stuff on eBay to get at a few rare items.)

Next time I get a spare one, I'll send it to you, if you want it.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yea, that would be great:). I also need to grab an old Nintendo or Sega system for $10 or less at the next Auctions I go to:).

5. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    looks like atari is there is that downloads for atari 2600 or consoles and by them from store is there something based for this game I was trying to play it but it is a little hard maybe you kow bomberman what key do you press to drop bombs and help me with this game called Qix do you know how to play it you could provide some screenshots if need or paste in instructions if possable serious just give or tell in here me a messedge if you have time PS: could you tell me how to put a highscore on highscore.com :)?

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Just found out that Atari is the one who published the hard-to-find Kangaroo game:).

7. Serious

Serious MMORPGer The Pit

Credit:
    Hi CrownKnight,

Thanks for asking.

This is what you do:

1. Play your game and record a video of your gameplay, or take a photo of your final score.

2. Include your username in the photo, if possible. You can write your username on a piece of paper like this:

[​IMG]

3. Upload your video to Youtube, or your photo to a site like Imgur

4. Search for the game you played on highscore.com (or request it, if you can't find it, and I will add it)

5. Provide your score and link it to your photo or video to prove you did it.

After you do this, everyone on the site will vote on whether or not they believe your score. When the voting is over, if it passes, it will be added to the database.

If your score is the highest so far for that game, it will be broadcast out over Twitter and Facebook to thousands of people.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

8. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
  9. El Monstro De Galleta

El Monstro De Galleta Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Wow that is an old system.
    I wonder if a family member I gave my old original Nintendo to still has it

10. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    lol good thread and helpful

11. nikiwild

nikiwild Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Cool thing thank you :)

12. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I've joined it aswell, and thanks for the tip :)