1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age is for me one of the best RPG Games

Discussion in 'Single Player RPGs' started by NeLe98, Mar 19, 2014.

1. NeLe98

NeLe98 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    What think about Dragon Age? Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming soon

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  2. SuCkDuBsTe

SuCkDuBsTe Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I played dragon age long time ago its funny game

3. BraateX

BraateX Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Its really good game and its funny. :)

4. Lolalolac

Lolalolac DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Dragon age game best game ever

BioWare is planning on fusing elements of both earlier games in the series, Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, into the creation of Dragon Age: Inquisition.[6] The game will feature larger environments with much more opportunity for exploration.[citation needed]
    BioWare has confirmed that multiple playable races are returning, both female and male. Players can play as a Human, Dwarf, or Elf just like in Dragon Age: Origins. Additionally, Qunari are also playable.[9]

However, combat is expected to differ somewhat from its predecessors and focus more on a player's ability to prepare, position, and form a cohesive team with his or her party members,[10] requiring fewer repetitive finger strikes but better thinking.[10] Tactical view also returns for all five platforms in DAI[citation needed], whereas before it was exclusive to PC in Dragon Age: Origins, then was removed in Dragon Age II.

The romance aspect of the game has been overhauled. As opposed to Bioware's previous gift and dialogue based system, romance will occur in reaction to events and variables specific to each character, which will end with "mature and tasteful" sex scenes.[11][12]
    Developers vowed to their fans that, compared to its predecessors, the decisions they made throughout the series will have a greater impact on the story and that the player will be given more control over their gaming experience.[13]

Customization is said to be expanded in the next game.[14] The developers addressed mainly how equipment would be handled with party members. They described a situation in which the player found a breastplate and decided to give it to a party member. Depending upon which party member received it, the breastplate would automatically adjust its shape and aesthetics in order to fit that particular character while still maintaining his or her identity. It was also hinted that armor customization will go as far as altering its color and pattern.[15] Players will also be able to customize their keeps. Keeps will be able to be customized for espionage, commerce or military might. The aesthetic of a controlled keep depends on the type of keep the player has chosen. The player will also be given a series of options to affect the area around the keep, such as build statues or cap vents. The player though will apparently not have enough resources for all the options available, as the Inquisitions resources are limited.[16]

Laidlaw confirmed that some ability will likely exist for players to import their save files from the first two games into Dragon Age: Inquisition "to shore up world consistency".[17]

Ray Muzyka, BioWare's former CEO, said in an interview with Wired.com that Dragon Age: Inquisition would be influenced by more open world games, such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which BioWare is "checking out aggressively."[18] Also, the developers promised their fans that they will no longer reuse environments, which was considered a main issue in Dragon Age II.[15] In regards to the more open-world nature of the game, BioWare has stated that while they looked to Skyrim for inspiration, it will not be quite that open.
    Players will be able to gain influence in areas of the world by capturing keeps or forts. This is achieved by defeating the occupants of the keep or fort. Once The Inquisition has a base in the area new areas, if applicable, will open up and become available to the player. These areas were blocked before such as by a hazardous gas. With the opening up of such areas players will not only be able to explore the whole of an area but will also be able to visit previously unreachable locations and side quests.[16]

Inquisition will also feature two forms of combat system. The first is reminiscent of that found in most action-RPG's, including Dragon Age II. This system is action orientated and follows the player in a typical over-the-shoulder third person style. The second is closer to that of an old RPG, including Dragon Age: Origins. This combat system allows players to pause the game, assign locations and orders to the characters in their group and then resume the game to see it played out. During the use of this second more strategic combat system, the camera will be closer to that of a top down view, instead of the usual over-the-shoulder third person style of the action based combat system. This combat system is named Tactical view and also allows for the placing of traps while the game is paused.[16]

Player choice is said to play a large role in Inquisition because players control the leader of the Inquisition, The Inquisitor. This means that choices made by the player may close quests and whole areas off. Once such example would be the destruction of a village, which means that while this area can still be reached no associated content for that area can be accessed. This though works both ways as areas previously unreachable gain be reached, such as via capturing forts or keeps.[16]

Inquisition possesses a Skyrim-esque style compass bar across the upper section of the HUD. This navigation bar marks both discovered, visited locations and those that are yet to be found. Undiscovered locations appear with a "?" on the navigation bar.[16]
    Players are able to take control of any member of their party during battle and use each characters special abilities to aid them against particular types of enemies in battle.[16]

As The Inquisitor players also decided how to deploy agents and troops of The Inquisition. This includes withdrawing from attacks by enemies.[16]

The game features some destructibility, as players can destroy wooden bridges to help dispatch enemies quicker, gates, crates, etc.[16] The various regions that make up the game world do not scale in level. They have a fixed level, which means players can be either too weak or strong for the enemies found in that region.[16]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  5. savicaa

savicaa Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I heared about that game and i was reading on the internet and i will try to play it as soon as i finish school :)

6. BratDzoni

BratDzoni DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    I have played dragon age origins and i think game is awesome.

7. bos4kCRO

bos4kCRO Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Yea game is good but not awesome :D

8. I am Joker

I am Joker MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    1st game was so good i played it 1 year but second is totaly fail :(

9. BlackDayton

BlackDayton DA BIG CLUB

Credit:
    I just start dowlanding i see on yt it is rly good game

10. BillyKid02

BillyKid02 Gamer Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Yea nice game bro but not the best

11. lgoran2709

lgoran2709 Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    One of a few games I have actually loved :D

12. Oldstar

Oldstar Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah it's one of the best games. ;)

13. Depore202

Depore202 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    1 was the best game eva, expansion was SO SO, 2 was complete crap in story gameplay was easier alote, in DA1 cant remeber how many times i died and had to rethink my strategy not to mention that a team member (usualy morgana) will always bitch about your choices and you would have to collect gifts just to make them stop leaving the party
    While 2 made me die just once on very hard and the team members were idk stupid -,- and boring only Varic was good

14. usbjaj

usbjaj DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I just started to download game once again,played it long time ago First part but never had a chance to try expansion's.Hope expnasion's are good as the first part of the game.

15. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Dragons Age 1 I enjoyed quite a bit... I didn't even bother with 2 because it seemed they really mailed it in. I have a lot of hope for Dragon Age: Inquisition though, it looks really good so far.

16. doca8

doca8 Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    NIce game, play long time ago

17. doca8

doca8 Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Game is really good :)

18. Lolalolac

Lolalolac DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
  19. Aki013