1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Gaming Mice

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by ScareCrow, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    A little over a week ago my beloved logitech G5 bit the dust, I was about to replace it with a G9 when by chance I spotted this little known company.

Cyber Snipa - Combat Ready PC Gaming Equipment

Looking around the website I'm attracted to their stinger mouse.

I go into the stinger page and low and behold it was love at first sight. Their were so many reviews listed, and literally all of them were excellent.

I ask around a few websites, and most people have never heard of them, but those that have any of their products rave about them.

So I just finished ordering that mouse, and a cool mouse pad from them as well.

Hoping to get it by Wednesday.

So what stuff do you guys use?

2. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    My parents don't want to buy me a special gaming mouse, cos they don't like spending too much money, but if I could get one, I'd probably get the Microsoft Sidewinder X8, cos it has Bluetrack technology in it, and its wireless, and a host of other features.

3. ScareCrow

Credit:
    The trick to getting your parents to buy you a gaming mouse, is letting them try one.

And a logitech g5 is only $30 nowadays, and it's still very good.

4. reimaru

reimaru MMORPGer

Credit:
    how bout the Razer products, i'm hearing excellent reviews from them

5. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    For the stinger, is it 400/800/3200? 3200 is a bit much, you'll be playing on 0-3 sensitivity in-game with 3200 depending on the game.

I heard the mx518 is good, never tried it though. I have the G5 (400/800/2k)..It's really good..I suggest you just get another you know? The weights are a great addition.

6. ScareCrow

Credit:
    I received the stinger yesterday :).

I'm sorry to say but it pwns the G5, just cause it's so damn comfortable. And cause unlike the G5, which you an add a maximum of 28 grams, on the stinger you can add a maximum of 140 grams, in 7 increments of 20 grams.

And it has 4 settings, which you can set to anywhere from 400 to 3200. I set it at 800/2000/800/2000 so I can change between sniper and normal without having to cycle.

7. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    I LOVE The Fatal1ty 2020 mouse. Greatest gaming mouse ever.

8. ScareCrow

Credit:
    Yea, for fatal1ty, i'll never understand why he likes the buttons so far back.

9. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    When your scoping and the buttons are too far in front (most mouses) what you'll do is this:

Right Click (Scope)
    Left Click
    Q
    Repeat.

But you won't shoot, because for some reason the mouse won't register, and this sucks in 1v1's when your sniping and you flick but no shot comes out. I'm guessing that's why he likes it, or just because he has more control.

10. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    Actually, the Fatal1ty mouse is meant to be held with a claw grip. This means your three fingers are on top of the mouse on the three buttons on top, while your pinky and thumb wrap around it, in a "Claw" grip. While in this position, you curve your fingers so the tips are the ONLY part that hits the mouse.

Me being a pianist, this feels GREAT.

Also, it simply decreases the time it takes for you to see something, react by shooting, and continuing because it takes less time for the signals to get from the tips than if your hand is spread out.

11. ScareCrow

Credit:
    That's strange weehut, claw grip is when your index and middle finger are on left and right buttons respectively, and curled up, not three fingers on top...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.