1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Bright Shadow Comes to America

Discussion in 'Game News' started by ogreman, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Answering the call for a unique take on massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG), Gamepot (USA), Inc., the U.S. publishing division of Japanese gaming behemoth Gamepot, Inc., is proud to announce its second North American offering, Bright Shadow. Making its way to North American gamers for the first time, Bright Shadow is currently beloved by countless fans around the globe. While the adored MMORPG’s cute, cartoon-like characters and novel monsters – known as “Umbra” – will remain as found in other markets, Gamepot USA is localizing and adapting Bright Shadow with updated storylines, unique new items, and new systems for nearly endless character customization and imaginative new experiences.
    Bright Shadow lets players own their adventure – placing great emphasis on personalized experiences for them and their friends,” said Thomas Lee, director of business and marketing, Gamepot (USA), Inc. “With a focus on creativity, finely-tuned social options and easy-to-learn gameplay, we feel it’s the perfect online entertainment experience to bring to North America as part of our growing roster of free-to-play games.”

The vast Bright Shadow game world – complete with its own ever-changing weather system – places a high emphasis on combat with a horde of unique, deadly monsters and social functions, featuring vigorous guilds and 20 unique classes, a number almost unheard of in traditional MMORPGs; making it ideal for both hardcore and casual audiences alike. Also included in Bright Shadow are an innovative Monster Card system used for a variety of abilities (including monster summons), a “Soul Power” collection system to boost skills, tailored item crafting and original pet systems all geared toward providing a truly customizable undertaking where no two players will be alike.

Bright Shadow is scheduled for release for online PC gaming in late 2009, with closed beta beginning this fall. Like all Gamepot games, Bright Shadow will be a 100% free-to-play experience with the option of purchasing “Pot Cash” for special in-game items further down the line.

2. Victrolla

Victrolla Big Brute

Credit:
    I like the "Hunter Stone" feature that helps you find others in your area of the game to join in a battle.

I watched the teaser earlier today and my thoughts keep getting drawn back to it so I am assuming that (though it is cutesy) there is something unique about the game that my subconscious registered.

3. moonlight

moonlight Spiked Club

Credit:
    Is it just me or the link is really not working?? I want to sign-up for the beta test. y_y

4. BlackTear2009

BlackTear2009 Big Brute

Credit:
    lol Mr, kindly look up the date. maybe its finish!

5. moonlight

moonlight Spiked Club

Credit:
    LOL the post was just a few days ago. how can it be over now...

6. Victrolla

Victrolla Big Brute

Credit:
    Free-to-Play, Anime-based 3D Epic Fantasy MMORPG

Check out the above URL. There is a yellow dot in left upper corner that says Closed Beta sign up coming soon.

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  8. BlackTear2009

BlackTear2009 Big Brute

Credit:
    I didnt notice it, i was suppose to edit my post but im sleepy. ^__^

9. stolpen

stolpen BamBam

Credit:
    woaah!! so cute! it looks like the character in Rose hehehe!! XD

10. khatara

khatara MMORPGer

Credit:
    you're right! so cute!

11. BlackTear2009

BlackTear2009 Big Brute

Credit:
    well, lot of games look like that, haven't tried this game yet but i think its a nice game too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.