1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

WoW vs. WAR

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, Oct 31, 2008.

Which game should be GameOgre.com's Best MMORPG of 2008?

1. World of Warcraft

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Warhammer Online

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This is the first match of MMORPG Showdown 3. Although the match will be officially be decided in the Review Directory again, this forum battle will be for extra comments and will serve as a tie breaker if one is needed for the match.

[​IMG]

vs.

[​IMG]

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I got to go with WAR.

3. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    warhammer online is the future Imo. the rvr, public quests and achievements are better than anything wow has.

4. Eviran

Eviran Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    WoW and WAR are both great. The cool thing is that each one complements the other one. For example, if you like PvE or soloing choose WoW. On the other side, WAR is mostly about PvP so pick WAR if you love killing other players more than killing monsters or crafting.

5. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Although WAR does bring in some new ideas, I think World of Warcraft is still the best P2P MMORPG. What happens when World of Warcraft starts using WAR's ideas? I already see that WoW has a new achievement sytem.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    WAR started the new ideas so if WoW uses them it wont matter imo.

7. Webber

Credit:
    Why not? Won't WoW still benefit from the new ideas or do u think using those ideas first makes WAR better than WoW?

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    WoW will benefit but because WAR did it first it will be better. WoW hasn't come up with anything new (excluding the expansion pack) in a while.

9. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I wish this counted instead of the reviews because Warhammer is winning this, but losing in reviews. I agree with Aaddron. WAR came up withy with these new ideas while Wow has rested on its fat laurels for some time. I think its time a game with fresh ideas knocked WoW from its pedastel.

WoW overdoes the nerf bat. Just look at the patch today. WoW finally has the big WoLK patch last month, but it just got nerfed today. Why add all that content if you are only going to nerf it in less than a month. Its stupid@! Warhammer is brand new but it hasnt brought out the nerf bat that strong yet.

As I mentioned in my reviews, Warhammer is a far superior MMORPG if you compare PvP. In War, the entire game is wrapped around PvP in a tight little package. The atmosphere feels like you are in the middle of a war. Quests are aimed at war instead of just being mindless like most of WoWs. Pvp in WoW? You go into a battle ground for metals and have to listen to people whine and try to be general. Its painful!

World of Warcraft vs. Warhammer Online? Warhammer Online will win eventually.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2008
  10. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    eek close voting so far!

11. Webber

Credit:
    WoW does do a good deal of nerfs but its to better balance the game. Games that do not have balance due not last long because people stop playing.

PvP is not everything. I think WoW is the total package because it does more right than anythother MMORPG. WAR has some cool ideas but it does not mean that those ideas will make it the best. Like wine, good MMORPGs take time:D.

12. Mejdisama

Mejdisama Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Had to give World of Warcraft the point. I have Warhammer online as well as World of Warcraft. I am more for PvP than PvE. Warhammer's PvP was 10 times more fun than World of Warcraft's but apparently that isn't enough. In the end I reinstalled World of Warcraft and reactivated my account. I still have a month of play on my Warhammer account but that game already got uninstalled. That game was fun but in the end World of Warcraft is better. I only got to level 13 so I really can't judge much but I enjoyed PvP in that game so much I went from level 9 to 12 off of PvP and quit when I couldn't go into Norden Watch I believe it was called anymore. I also don't like how Chaos wins in everything =P

13. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  14. jelmy

jelmy Little Spike

Credit:
    man wow noobs win bah mmo showdown is now offialy dead
    dead

15. Webber

Credit:
    You must be joking or really hate WoW lol. WoW is a better game than WAR and you know it! If not, prove otherwise instead of just hating on WoW.

16. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    How can Wow kill the showdown when WoW has not even won yet hmmm? To me, MMORPGs like WoW and LOTRO are total packages while AOC and WAR are one-trick ponies. WAR is better than AOC but it still lacks the total experience of WoW or even LOTRO. But who is to say it wont get better? WAR is still new.

17. Mejdisama

Mejdisama Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Yeah Warhammer is new but you have to put other things into account. While it may not be a good thing for most people WoW attracts the younger crowd. WoW is more simple than Warhammer and Mods make it even more simple. Also not everyone has a super computer. I got a new computer a week before Warhammer came out luckily otherwise I would not have been able to run it with my old one which had 512 ram and 6200 geforce graphics card at all and that is what has been running WoW - now with my computer World of Warcraft runs much better (.......especially in shattrah). I'm not really into graphics but I think WoW and WAR's graphics are similar in some ways and WAR still has some graphical issues to take care of. It all went to hell for a period of time whenever I minimize and maximize.

18. jelmy

jelmy Little Spike

Credit:
    how could wow posibly better then war wow sucks:mad: war rulez:cool:
    wow is pure grind boring grind and wow only is so big cuz blizzard put 3 million in atvertisng the noobs and wrath of the noob king aint gonna chance a boring game too a good game it will only be more boring :D

so there fore buy war

ps. you are a wow fanboy im a war fanboy so dont bother me with wow:)

19. Viko

Viko Brute

Credit:
    When is the last time you played WoW? Wow is not about Grinding only anymore. The death knight's have cool quests for their first three levels. You dont have to grind for an epic mount or blues...just do the quests.

20. jelmy

jelmy Little Spike

Credit:
    its grind and it is boring like i said dont bother me with your pathetic game:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.