1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RuneScape Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddle90

paddle90 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My reason why i LOVE RuneScape.

I love runescape because it is the best MMO game EVER!!! I like it the most because the game is soo interactive like you have clan chats so everyone in your clan chat can help and tell you stuff you don't know. You have Fist of Guthix so everyone can can have free runes and fight free. without knowing who you are fight. The Grand Exchange. That is for Buying and Selling needs and if you really want an item and you can't and/or it isn't at a local Stock Store it is there for you to pay your amount of money, well the limit of money you have to pay for it. The Verry Unique Towns such as, Varrock where it is alot of people there and the Grand Exchange as known as G.E is in Varrock . Ali Khard the place of Scimitars ( A Sharp Vicious Curved Blade) with types of Bronze to Mithril. Im sorry something has gone wrong with my computer so i kinda messed up on this part but continuing on, Rimmigton The Town Of The White Knights, and Draynor The Fishing and Willow cutting Town mostly people come to woodcut and fish and Fire make. There are alot of skills in the game such as Wc ( WoodCutting) Fm(FireMaking) Attack level which is how to determine what kind of Weapons you may use. Strength how high you hit and how you determine how to use a Halberg. and plenty more Skills.Membership the one everyone wants to get. It is a feature of when you get to use more advanced and unrecognized Weapons and skills and features.
    My name in game Paddle900. Level 58 CC Rs_Outreach where you can ask questions to everyone and Mods, i mostly join world 1-10 and to be alone wc (WoodCutting) sorry cant tell you that Server :p ;p :) Okay im done with my summary of Why I love RuneScape, And Why RuneScape is the top MMO. Okay GoodBye :) :heart: :cool:

2. benjaminhehe

benjaminhehe Club Swinger

Credit:
    Runescape Contest Entry

Runescape, oh my favorite Runescape,
    the game which has such breathtaking landscape;
    Waking up early to experience medieval live,
    clears my mind off the city's hectic live.

Much games are there on the web,
    some are just another lame game on the web;
    Maple Sea is too kiddish and Dota is too boring,
    here comes Runescape that now I am adoring.

From mining to smithing, to fishing and cooking;
    combating, fletching, to woodcutting and firemaking;
    How can i not enjoy playing Runescape,
    talking to friends and meeting news Runescapers!

Waiting for Runescape to load takes ages,
    once im in I might kill some rats in cages;
    Or maybe even owning some in bounty hunter,
    sometimes i wear Saradomin even though there's danger.

Here comes Clan Wars my favorite mini-game,
    owning with friends and recruits and sometimes we tame;
    Owning an all-levels clan though we may be outnumbered,
    It's getting boring so imma stop before your faces get red.

Okey so this is why I love runescape, my poet is just about what i love in Runescape, i know it may sound weird, but i tried my best in poeting. All this while i have been depending on my friends kindness to become a member (they paid for me), so 3 months of membership would be great, as "using" my friend's money ain't good. My RS Name is Benjaminhehe. Cya later and all the best to the others! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2009
  3. Koolness

Koolness Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Runescape through "His" eyes

Hm, where to start.

A brave soldier stands on the edge of Lumbridge bridge, looking over the strange but unique creatures such as Goblins and Lumbridge citizens wandering around the town. He looks up and sees a giant castle which bounds to have many hidden secrets, like Tears of Guthix and the Dorgesh-kaan town, a sense of adventure arises within him to explore the mysterious yet amazing world of Gielienor.

Everywhere he turns he sees something new. From the fountain in the middle of a massive town to a portal in a modern city which takes you to your's and other people's houses. Sensing adventure he trains his skills so he's able to compete which the toughest and the best monsters in the world. From the legendary King Black Dragon to the almighty Jad, where one mistake could result in his earnings from many hours wasted, but the reward is tempting indeed. When he looks at the cape that he could get by defeating Jad, salive drips from his mouth as he sees a lava like thing sprawling all the way down and he waits for it to drip but it keeps on going and going and going.

He realises that there are many greater monsters to defeat and teams up with group of people just like him to take on the almighty monsters in Gods War Dungeon, the interaction with like-minded people excites him and the bond he feels is a thing many fail to achieve in real life. He realises that the company while playing the game is just as important, if not more, than the gameplay and decides to explore it more. To do that he must join a clan.

He had only heard of clans from the hundeds of auto clickers in ge which gave them a bad advert, and he doesn't want to be tricked into a clan where he doesn't fit in just because he plays by the rules. Instead, he starts his own clan. Using the amazing Runescape Forums he starts his thread and names the clan Skilling Clan, a simple yet very effective name. Using one of the most useful and the morst fun facilities, going by the name of Clan Chat, he gets a big group and spends most of his time there.

The clan mainly focuses on the Skilling aspect of the game, because he has done enough combat. He's thinking of getting a skill to a high level but he's not sure which skill and rewards it might give him. Then suddenly a man pops up near him with an amazing cape that he's never seen before, and in a moment of pure emberassness, he asks the person "W0t is tat cape pl0x?" and the person replies "Co0king". His jaw drops, because the person starts doing an emote he's never seen before. He looks as if he's baking a pie, but the pie doesn't actually come to life. "Wat is that??????" he wonders, and the cook caper replies "Its a skill cape emote", from that moment on he knows that this is what he wants.

So, he gets to work on getting 99 cooking but he's not sure what to do. He asks a lot of people on what to do and they all tell him to go to this place called the "Grand Exchange", just as the words are being said someone passes by him saying "lets go ge!" to another person, so he tags along. While passing the varrock bank he notices a huge building with beautiful women as bankers and smartly dressed men waiting to "Exchange" his items.

Sorry guys, that's pretty much it. I know that wasn't what you were expecting but the detail and everything i like about Runecape can be read through "his" words. In conclusion, the attential to detail that Jagex have focused on so much and the eye-catching in-game struction that makes you feel like you're in real world, but not at the same time. This is what makes this game so special, and i hope that never changes! Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
  4. Vertual Lord

Vertual Lord Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The thing i like best about runescape is the social part of it.
    After a busy, hard day, you come home, get on your computer, log into runescape and what happens? A couple of friends start talking to you about what they are doing, what they did that day, what they have achieved, ...
    Ofcourse, you would say that this is the same in WoW or GuildWars, or even other games. The difference is that, in those games, you can't have 100/200 friends, there is no real clanchat, you can't do that much things in a group, ...
    In runescape you have a clanchat which can hold up to 100/200 (correct me if i'm wrong) people in it, talking to them easily without having to click on them.
    You can also do loot/coinshare, so you can do hard things in a group, with loads of friends, whereas in most MMORPG's there is a limit (like 4 or 8-player groups maximum, like in Guild Wars)

And the other thing i like about runescape is the amount of skills you can train. Does anybody know another MMORPG where you can actually win levels in 24 different skills? Well, I don't.

This is what makes runescape runescape. :cool3: :heart: rs!

5. WolfHound

WolfHound Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Runescape...

Oh what can't I say about it? Well to start off, how you play. You log onto the website and your in! No downloading unless you need to update Java. Even on the worst of computers (-cough- mine -cough-) it plays well. Now, there are other games like this also, but those are all boring or just not as fun. Plus I really like to make videos on Runescape, and their some what recent Machinima Contest brought out the best of video makers.

Also..What's a nerdier game term then "Realm". I mean. c'mon!!!1!:crowngrin:

6. Benboy6

Benboy6 MMORPGer

Credit:
    The things I like about Runescape is the skills. There are a lot of different skills. Each skills offer each person what they are good at. Like for example, if you like cooking than you may want to cook. A lot of the skills relate to each other. Like an example is that when you cook, you need things to cook so skills that you may want to learn while cooking is fishing, fire making, and wood chopping. So I like the combination of lots of skills to make a certain skill better. I also like the design, and the animation. Like when mining, it looks so real, how you swing the axe down and try to get the little parts off. And smelting, you put the things you need and take it back out slowly. Also fire making is awesome, the action where you try many attempts if you are low level at firemaking. And all the graphics are so cool... Just look at the fire for example. The rich, red fire and the wood under it. And the attacking skills, when you shoot an arrow, you pull the bow back, lets go of the arrow and the arrow fly at the monster. Then when the arrow isn't broken, you can just pick it back up. The arrows and weapons are so cool. Full Saradomin is my favorite armor. The rich white and rune... There's so many things to enjoy in Runescape. The fun never ends. One skill you got bored of, there's a ton more skills to try out.

7. Fabledl3g3nd

Fabledl3g3nd Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Runescape ownz

What i personaly like about runescape is.... well basicly everything!
    The way you have to work for what you need
    The MINIGAMES!! my favourate is Stealing Creation, a very fun game
    Its also really nice that you brought back Classic!!!
    And the cool thing is if i get bored..... no i dont go play something else like WoW
    i go play on another runescape account or go on funorb or runescape classic:)
    My favourate update that you guys have done was the HD update in july 2008
    must of taken months, or maybe years
    I like how you removed wilderness and added trade/stake limits to stop scammers

I can go on like this for hours but i reckon you have the idea

Now..... time to go on runescape!

8. coolkid0103

coolkid0103 Little Spike

Credit:
    Hm..What I like about Runescape? Well where do I start? First off, You never can get bored. There is always something to do, If its not fighting someone else, It's doing a quest, Or fishing or mining, Or leveling up. Theres so much fun stuff to do. Then comes in the community. Its a great place to make some new "internet" friends, Do some quest's together, And have fun. Runescape is almost like what happens in real life too. Almost everything you do in real life, You do on there. You can cook, Eat, Fight, Kill, Make weapons, Make armor, I could go on and on. But yeah. There is alot more I have to say, But it would be too long.

9. JeNnY C S

JeNnY C S Ogre Newling

Credit:
    RuNeScApE

I've played Runescape for awhile now, since I was 10, to be exact, and I find it to be one of the most entertaining games I have ever played.

WhY?

The question here should be "Why not?" I have seen many people prejudice against Runescape because of the far more involved games, such as WoW, but I believe this to be extremely disappointing. An artwork and evolution in gaming, Runescape accomplished more of what WoW did, in my opinion.

Although I may sound like a suck up, I'm honestly trying to get the point out of how Jagex used a simple program to create a structure for online, browser gaming. BEAT THAT WOW! WITH YOUR CDS AND DOWNLOADING!

But, my love for Runescape is far beyond its gaming evolution...

Explain?

I have been a member for many years, recently canceling my membership. I still hit myself for that, but that is not the point. From Runescape's vast amount of mini games (a personal favorite of mine being Clan Wars) to its real-time economy and its witty quests, Runescape has so far been number 1 for me.

Details, Please!

If I were to go into every single detail of what I love about Runescape, you might be reading this for days. So, I'll break it all down...

Quests:
    I have not yet completed all the quests, but am fairly close. I found many of these quests to be extremely entertaining, my favorite being Grim Tales, the story you tell to the Griffin. Hah. I find that they are completely well structured. I also find the requirements for quests to really separate the skillers from the combatants, the mighty from the newbs (Lol, no offense). But in all seriousness, I found the quests to be entertaining, yet putting your perseverance to work. Summers End... That was a fun one, but well worth it.

Mini games:
    The mini games, one of my greatest boredom saviors in Runescape. I had always loved the fact that no matter when I thought that the mini games would stop coming, a new one would come out. My favorite is, as I stated before, Clan Wars. The ability to interact with friends AND fight other people to put your might to the test, amazing. I always did like to show off... Next comes in Castle Wars, which I seem to be a bit outdated. It had long been my favorite, but the unveiling of Clan Wars had me hooked. But the mini games are not all about fighting. There are also mini games such as Stealing Creation and Great Orb Project, basically skilling mini games. The mini games that have been created fit both the hybrids, skillers, and combatants.

Skills:
    Love the skills in the game. Although I have played for 5 years, I have only gotten 1 99 skill. Attack. I do, however, love all the skills. I believe the best part is how challenging some of them are to get to 99. From thieving to cooking, herblore to fletching, and prayer to hunting, and many more, the skills system has to be the most developed concept in the game, I think. The way that each level is harder to get, that each one makes you work harder, but has greater rewards. How one high level of a certain skill can make people look up to you, or look down to you. Although, getting 99 anything is hard, some are just harder than others. Such as combat skills, some of the hardest skills in the game, and most boring :rolleyes: I have to say, the amount of skills that have developed from my first days to now really surprise me. I'm looking forward to future skills, such as the one my friend has in mind... Basket Weaving... Pssh, leave that to the Crafters.

Equipment and Money:
    I have found equipment and money to be far harder to get than a 99 skill, in some ways. To get good equipment, you must have lots of money or lots of luck, whichever you fancy. You can be rich or you can be poor. You can beg, not recommended, or you can work. You can kill, or you can be killed. All of this relates to equipment and money.

I never quite got how I made my money. From the first 20k I received from someone dieing in the Brimhaven Agility Arena, to the 36m I have now (which isn't that much). I have found that this concept makes the game very challenging...

I used to pick flax. Yes, flax. And then I made bowstrings. Fun? Indeed. Well, not really. Actually, not at all. But flax and bowstrings was cheap and simple, yet hard at the same time. I received my first set of rune by picking flax... Then lost it in the wilderness... Picked more flax for rune... Died in the wilderness again... Then I picked more flax for rune and stayed out of the wilderness. NO THANKS!

But money fuels the whole economy of Runescape and the more you have, the more respected you seem to be.

Finally... Drum Roll, Please. :drummer: Thank you.
    The Updates!

Yes, the updates. The updates that I always looked forward to. The updates that kept Runescape running at its peak, still running at its peak. The updates that either made me happy or disappointed. The updates..The updates.. The updates..

The updates cover basically everything in the game. From the great God Wars to simply new hairstyles, all are updates. Updates fuel the entertainment in Runescape, keeping the whole game filled with new things to do. Without updates, there would never be anything more to do, that there would be boredom across Runescape! Oh My! But thankfully, everything is constantly updated. All this and more makes it easy to say... I am more than happy to say that Runescape, you are the best.

CREDITS and KUDOS

If you are reading this, I want to thank you for the time to read this thread. I give all the credit to Jagex as, without them, I wouldn't be writing this thread about Runescape.:p

I would also like to thank my mom, my dad, my sister... Well, not my sister... My brother, my uncle, umm... etc, etc?

Most of all, I want to thank Jagex and the guys and girls working hard to keep Runescape up. Kudos and keep up the good work!

-Rextal-RS Username:guitarist:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
  10. blue1blue

blue1blue Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Runescape: monsters to kill, quests to do, and skills to level.

Yup. Been there done that.

Well... Maybe I'm not maxed in the high scores (only one 99 so far) and everything but being F2P for my entire Runescape career (although I would love to get mems *cough* get membership cards out in Canada already...), I find many aspects of the actual game itself to be a bit repetitive. Having done all the quests already, nolifed just about every skill, and collected more then enough money that can be spent on F2P goods, not much is left to do. This makes my gaming a bit different from what my friends think of Runescape.

However, what brings me to play Runescape is actually one of the very essences that defines what it is; its community. Clans, friends, enemies, and even just watching people interacting. It's just the feeling that it's alive.

Since I have already finished much of the free content such as quests, I find that much of the game play that exists is more the "open" content . It's the content that is flexible and created by the community themselves. These can be parties, wars, or clans for example. This is the content that is constantly changing even without the need for an update.

Open content is what I like best about Runescape. Yeah, it's probably because I'm non-mem and lack of content in F2P but even in members, I see tremendous amounts of opportunities to just do what you want to do such as GWD, Distractions and Diversions, and Soul Wars. In F2P, it's clan wars, the duel arena, PvP, and even just sitting around chatting that make the open aspect of this game. Open content is defined by the community, and since the community is always changing, the content likewise does the same.

My favorite update (that has been released in F2P) has to be clan chat. It's really a huge amount of content even though the clan chat feature itself is only a small part of rs. It's just a chat feature like any other but it really helped bring the community together. Clan chat formed the basis for other features such as lootshare (which made teaming bosses more commonplace), clan wars, and PvP. Clan chat really can be used in more ways then intended.

Runescape's most basic essence is its dynamic community. This is what I find to be the best part of Runescape.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
  11. karan

karan Ogre Newling

Credit:
    For me runescape is not a game it is life. When i play runescape i get so involved in it that when i am attacked in game its like i am getting attacked in real life (sorry for that dramatic dialogues but it is really real) that means the game is so original its like our character is we ourself!! another thing i like about runescape is NPCs they are cool just awesome the mind behind them would be a awesome mind. Thing number 3 is HD mode no words for it, the best thing is no need to download ANYTHING!! Now the staff of runescape so quick and so responsible. When you report someone in runescape they immediately take action not like other MMORPGs. Runescape is the only of its type there is no game in the world like runescape with skills like cooking mining woodcutting and many more. The thing is i like everything of runescape everything means everything. Runescape love you and will play you till the end.best of luck for future to all the staff ;).Thanks

12. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Ogre Newling

Credit:
    There usually is nothing I can say about other games usually...I never liked pc games...there isnt much that I can say about runescape either except...IT IS AWESOME!!!! Jagex have made THE best online game game ever and I cant stop playing,haha I just cant pay to be a member,there are thousands of words I can use to describe runescape but wont that take a while?? I love runescape and jagex rules!! what else can I say about runescape either than a thousand things??? use ur imagination with a great game like that... U can do like anything in that game and thats why I love it!!!!!!!!! I just really hope I win this!! Thanks gameogre :) and THANK YOU JAGEX!!!!! :) for the best game ever!!! :)

13. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    I've played a lot of games in my life, over 50+, but I always come back to RuneScape for it's diversity and large player base, along with the outstanding bi-weekly updates that no other game offers.

I've played RuneScape for 6 years, and I'm just in awe whenever I look back on all that has happened in it. So many updates have made the game what it is today; one of the biggest games and most popular games in the market.

The 20+ skills the game offers is unparalleled to any other game in existence. There is ALWAYS something to do. If you happen to max out all the skills, you can do countless mini-games and over 100+ quests to pass the time. The possibilities of what to do in RuneScape is endless.

By far one of the most intriguing games in the market, RuneScape definitely fills a spot on everyone's cabinet of "Game's Played", usually placing in the top 3. It's a game that every gamer should play at least once in their life. The friend's you can meet while impact your life in the best way possible, along with the great gameplay and graphics it offers.

14. UncannySoldier

UncannySoldier Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Why i like runescape

Well, there's nothing much to say is there? It already has won the guiness book of world records for the largest free to play game world. But from a personal point of view, i have this to say. Whenever i'm on the computer, and i'm bored to the core with watching videos and listening to music. I log on into RuneScape. Being an MMORPG lover, i welcome any nice, worthy, game. RuneScape is one of them. I love the absolute grandeur of the immensely large landscape, the endless quests at hand, being a member of course. And also, the game offers a chance to meet people from around the world who enjoy playing the game too. It is these very people that keep the game alive, they befriend each other and from then on they do quests or skill or even hangout just chatting. It is also these very people that provide the competition in which we partake so that we can pit our skills, which we work hard to better, against each other. And given the never-ending challenge the game provides, it also seems that the play time would not end. You ask what i love about RuneScape? My answer is: everything. There is no flaw. Not trying to lick the boot but i seriously feel there is no mistake in the game. Its all round fun. With that i end my say.:cool:. Username: Min131

15. shomuzudaki

shomuzudaki Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Runescape rocks!

Well, first of all Runescape is a free non-download mmorpg that has good graphics. It has the best graphics i have seen so far without downloading.
    What i like about Runescape is that i make many friends in the game. I share my stories to them and my problems and they dont leave them unsolved. I always have fun with them and same as they do with me(idk lol). I love the quests, minigames, skills, the monsters (especially the gwd bosses), items, the updates and events such as the haloween, etc. (i almost said everything lol)
    Quests and Minigames-
    I love the quests cuz it's always fun. It's kinda educational:book: because it makes my brain think and not leave it to rot:) When I'm bored, i do minigames cuz it makes you forget your boredom ex. if your training a skill, and some minigames gives you xp which i love.
    Skills-
    I like the skills because it makes our characters strong and powerful in the game. It's like the main point of the game, without it Runescape would'nt be well-known (i think).
    Monsters-
    This is the other main point of the game(of course cuz this is an mmorpg). I love the monsters cuz they're fantasy but it makes me think they're real as they look cool and look like real animals of something. I love the bosses because it makes me feel excited and happy and a little bit of nervousness while killing them(laughs).
    Updates-
    I like Runescape cuz of this. They always make their players satisfied as it is updated once a week.
    Events-
    Events are awesome too as they make event items every year from the items from old haloween such as the scythe to the new ones like the spider cape.
    Items-
    I like the items of this game as they are unique. The art and the size of the weapons and armours are cool and iteresting.

Finally, i wanna say thank you to the brothers who made runescape (mod Paul and Andrew) and to all the jagex staff for making this the best game ever created and Merry Christmas:santa:(there's one more month left lol)
    Runescape account or username- Shomuzudaki
    On-Game name or display name- iKoreanTank

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2009
  16. xjsoccer

xjsoccer Ogre Newling

Credit:
    there are many things i like about Runescape and may not be able to name all of them but i will try. In many other games they already have the story plot and you have to follow it. But in Runescape you have a lot of choices you can do, from killing creatures by using magic, range, and just close combat. i really enjoy training my skills and i love how Runescape has many clever ideas to making your Runescape experience fun. Just the thought of you raising another level in any skill will put me happy. Knowing that you will probably unlock a new useage which will help you make money and just by having a pretty high level you can do a lot you can fight other people in pvp which you will probably loose a lot of money is the fun part because knowing that you are risking a lot makes it more fun. If you dont want to risk anything you can fight people safe knowing that if you do die you will still have all of your stuff this can be found in castle wars which is a really fun minigame that i am happy that Jagex worked so hard making that minigame and by time they still kept tweeking it little but was well worth it. By winning any minigame you will get points which by time and and patients it can lead to a great reward. If you are wanting to get points the minigames are really exciting the thought of that Jagex put was outstanding. There are many methods on making money; you can kill creatures and some of them if you are lucky will drop a huge amount of cash. By raising your skill levels you can make alot of money you can fish, hunt, woodcut, runecrafting, or just about any other skill there is to use you could make a lot of money One of my favorite things to do in Runescape is go Pking i like to kill people and see what i get with every drop, yeah sometimes you die and sometimes you are the one killing its always fun knowing that its just a game but its an exciting game, whenever i am fighting an opponent and i feel that i am a bout to die i get an adrenaline rush and just feels good i love this game and enjoy it there are a lot more things i like about this game but dont want to say to much because i know you guys are going to be busy.

17. TehPieGuy

TehPieGuy Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Once I was just sitting at my computer... bored.. Then I found out about Runescape and I've been playing for 5 years to now! Runescape is a awesome MMORPG that you can actually do more than kill! You can raise skills, quest, explore, play minigames, and talk with friends! The quests are more than just killing the same monster over and over again.. You explore, figure out puzzles, and even use items. You can be in a guild where you can talk, do minigames and kill together. There's always a monster for everyone! No matter how high leveled you are you can always get a challenge from a monster.

18. No Hero

No Hero BamBam

Credit:
    Runescape. I played it once few year back, but then quit. I started to hate it. I think that hate was not real but really just because of stereotypes. Everyone hated Runescape, so I did too. But then I started playing again this summer, and I can not believe why I hated it for so long. Runescape is truly exciting and fun, from the get go. Runescape is so fun because it is very diverse. Personally, the best thing about Runescape is that you can train any skill you want that you like. Players can focus on what ever they want. And true, its farming, yet Runescape has very awesome rewards that make you feel like you have paid off for you efforts.

Runescape also has a lot of quests, which are all very fun. Also, Runescape's minigames are incredibly fun as well. I love it all. I get adrenaline rushes playing castle wars and stealing creation. And to all the haters that say Runescape is bad now because of killing off the PVP in wilderness, now Runescape has bounty worlds and PVP worlds which far outweigh the loss. Runescape is much better now, less scamming and hacking can take place.

What makes Runescape so much fun? It is free to play and a non download mmorpg. It has a vast category of skills, a long list of quests, and a ton of monsters to train on. Runescape is so much fun because you can basically do what you want to do.

19. deathsbedbug

deathsbedbug Ogre Newling

Credit:
    When I began playing Runescape 5 years ago as a veteran gamer, I was most impressed with the skills and the retro-feel to the graphics. I could make pies, armor, bows, catch and cook fish, pickpocket, make runes to cast magic, and so much more. I had my share of noobie deaths to giant rats and such too lol The quests drew me in further, I had to get skills up to complete them. Over time, Jagex kept adding new content every week, keeping me hooked on this never ending game....

Now, I adore castle wars, soul wars, and many other mini games. I work slayer when not at a mini game, but still have a bank full of projects for other crafting work I want to do at some point. I have a house I built myself that I keep my zoo of pets in now. RS has come so far in the last five years its been unreal.

The only bad thing about Runescape at all...no true high level content. Once you get where I am, you skill, you play mini games, do the newest quest once a month...and that's it. (Aside from the social aspects.) So there is still plenty to do...but you get bored with grinding the skills out, and there is only so much castle wars any one person can stand. You have no real goals for the skills other than getting level 99. No reason to make you work the skills you dislike the most....no quest with super high requirements meant to make most high levels have to work for it. When Guthix Sleeps came out for example, it rocked as far as quests go...but I met all the requirements the day of release. I didn't have to work up to it. That's the only downside to RS I have found so far.

So for new players looking for a cheap but entertaining game to keep them occupied for about 5-6 years...Runescape is it! :)

20. irfahnjaffacake

irfahnjaffacake Ogre Newling

Credit:
    i love runescape

:guitarist:i like and love runescape mostly because i realy like how u can train many types of skills u dont do today such as slayering etc also i like the way how much money u can make using the skills such as woodcutting,fishing,mining,smithing etc 1 thing im wowed about is definetly seeing a lv 3 wearing a santa hat i mean thats 26mil i think. i love the way u can design your character even though i just joined a one month ago im already starting to love this thing but also the thing i love aswell is you now can have your own home:D on the other hand i also like the new qucik chat thing so that u can actually tell your actual levels because my freind kept complaining about ppl lying lol as i joined i finished all non members quest exept for prince ali rescue thing so far i think its great i loved the dragon slayer but now if i win becoming a member i will be even more excited so now i can see how much a challenge runescape is cant w8 for christmas event hope ill get santas clothes:santa: if i dont oh well runescape is the best :charming: i hope 1 day i get 99 ranged i have 58 so far :(
    realy want to try on verak platbody :D
    my RS lv is 66
    RS character name:irfahnj

:eek:LOVE THE HD OF IT

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.