1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RuneScape Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D3t0nat0r

D3t0nat0r Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Well, I like almost everything about the game.
    But what I like the most is the variability of Skills! Most of MMORPG games are just about fighting and they don't do Holiday Eventes for the players. RuneScape (Jagex) is always many steps ahead.
    Oh and it's not confusing!
    Anyway, that'd be all.
    Thank you for making RuneScape such a great game, I started playing 4 years ago and I want to play many more years!

Cya!

2. Cilec

Cilec Ogre Newling

Credit:
    So.... Why i like RuneScape

I started playing it in early 2003, cause my classmate was playing it... I went to the website when the classic was still the only version, but i was only a 7 years old kid, who couldnt pay the membership

:behead:

Why i like runescape you ask?

Firstly, ill start with that, then i love it, i love how its going foward and how its updating.
    I always follow the updates what are going, i check them if i can, i read the manual, i read the things on runescape.wikia ,and i never rant for the updates...

I have made 9 of my classmates play the game... But they said its boring and stuff, and quitted after few weeks..

but im still here after 7 Years .. so yea :D I can say im addicted

I think, then im mature player of it.. I have done all quests, i have done everithing possible, but i wanted to become a NOOB again, so i made new acc

Why i like it more?

I have made my plans for my life... I finished my School - 1-9 class

now im going in college, where im learning proggramming, and after 7-8 years ill have finished middle school and University.. So then

Ill go and apply for JaGeX .. Runescape, or Funorb, or any other project, cause i want to be part of it, i want to help it grow.

I could tell alot more stuff And mabe PICETURES , but i dont got time.. So thanks for reading this post

Runescape is one of the greatest games i have played, and im a gamer boy, i have played alot, starting with FPS - Driving , and Alot other, and i just only care abouth runescape

[​IMG]

I was excited abouth the HD update, and the Forums avatar update... and i always check Twitter... for Hints and stuff

I never have missed a Sesonal event, exept before i started playing , and they all were great.. DAMN i just cant describe this :D

[​IMG]

Only bad thing there is (WITCH ISNT JAGEX FAULT) ... i cant buy a membership in my country.. i could BUT IF JAGEX READS THIS
    PLEASE MAKE PAY BY SMS IN LATVIA ( YOU DID WITH LITHUINA AND ESTONIA , but not us.. we got almost same operators, so plox )

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
  3. Nully11

Nully11 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    What do I like about Runescape? Simple. The community. The community of Runescape made me alot of new friends, I've met hundreds of friendly and nice people, and they're always in my friend's list, they're always there to listen me. Another thing I like about runescape, are the updates. I mean, not all of the updates are great but I love how Jagex adds new quests, mini-games or something else like that, that rarely happens on other games. I like the PVP system, all of the skills, ALL of them. No exception. Oh, and probably one of the favourite things on Runescape for me is.. Holiday events ! :D Especially the halloween one, and the christmas one. They bring such a nice spirit to Runescape, and make all of the serious people come and get a free santa suit, or a grim reaper's hood :).

I know my english is far from perfect, but I hope you understood what I meant :> Thanks.

4. Jacktri

Jacktri Ogre Newling

Credit:
    my competition entry

The thing i love most about Runescape is the freedom it gives you it isn't like most games where a set path is laid out to you or other games that give you so called freedom yet do not let you progress without doing specific things. Runescape enables you to become a master chef, a mighty slayer of dragons or even the tamer of all beasts with newest skill summoning. Unlike most MMORPG's Runescape lets you combine all skills so where as World Of Warcraft will restict you to being a warrior or shaman Runescape will let you use all types of combat. Personally i favour the pvp aspect of the game mainly because i enjoy being competitive and defeating my rivals it is also a great place for social interaction and is always lots of fun.

5. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Ogre Newling

Credit:
    What do I like about RuneScape? Where do I even begin answering this question?

A lot of hardcore gamers would probably give me a hard time for this, but RuneScape is what first got me into PC gaming. Before RuneScape, I had never played an MMO, or any real PC game for that matter (no Starcraft, Diablo, Half-Life)... all I'd played were my Sega Genesis, N64, Gamecube, and PS2. My only PC game experience was Backyard Baseball and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

I was 13 when my cousin first showed me RuneScape, and I registered, completed the tutorial, but didn't play much after that. Months later, I heard one of my friends played RuneScape, so I began playing with him and a few other friends. After that, I was hooked. I fell in love with the quests (I'm a big fan of good stories), and not too long ago, I finally earned my first cape of achievement, the Quest Cape, which remains my biggest achievement in the game.

What I really love about RuneScape, though, is the community. As I said, RuneScape was my first MMO. I've played many others since then, but none have been able to come anywhere close to RuneScape's community. Sure, some people say the players are immature, but I've spent countless hours on the official RuneScape forums (I was even a forum moderator at one point), and tons more on the forums of RuneScape fansites. I've made so many great friends in-game and on these forums that I still regularly keep in touch with, and I would not trade all of these memories and experiences for anything. For this reason, RuneScape is so much more than just a game to me, it's this community and these memories that make it that much more special.

6. Kaldra

Kaldra Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Ten Reasons I Love RuneScape

1. There is so much variety on RuneScape - Resulting in a lot of fun for everyone.
    2. Killing bosses can be done solo, or as a team, incorporates all types of combat game aspects.
    3. Skilling can be more intensive, EG: mining, requires constant focus to get it trained as fast as possible. It can also be less intensive, EG: Fishing or WoodCutting, where it doesn't require much focus.
    4. Community, the game has a fantastic community, the creators, Jagex, are very active with in the community. They promote player events, EG 99 parties. and the also host events, EG Jagex Mod hide and seek.
    5. It has its own economy. Weird thing to love I'm sure, but it helps understand real life economy, and teaches you to budget.
    6. Friends; allows you to meet people throughout the world, and keep in touch of them with your own list of friends. (and an ignore list to keep the players that offend you away!)
    7. Display names: This brought a whole new aspect to the game, gives players a chance to re-name there character to something they prefer if they didn't chose a name they initially liked. Also allows for creativity, I've seen names containing smilies, and interesting uses of capitalisation.
    8. The mini games - Get bored of training skills? these give you a chance to train skills interesting ways, or interact with other players in other ways.
    9. Non-gameplay aspects; - The game can be played for free! Want to test it? you get A LOT of gameplay with out paying for it.
    10. Membership - Its cheap, in comparison (WoW $18/month?). The extra features you get for it is amazing. So many more skills. So many mini games. So much more enjoyment!

To summarise; the best MMORPG I've played, and I don't intend to play any others.

Good luck to all other entrants, and congratulations in advance to all the winners.

~Kaldra

7. xboxis

xboxis Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Greatest thing about RuneScape is variety of the environment (desert, Jungle, Huge cities, Hunted castle) and the way you can explore them. I'm playing since 5 years now and i don't think that I'm gonna stop yet, because this game is always updated each week with patch to make RuneScape even better and quest (each month). J-Mod mods are there to attend huge parties and event, such a great thing, because it's the link between us and Jagex company. Then, due to the big amount of player (15 000 000 and more), we're able to meet tons of people, making new friends and get help from them, very appreciated. I know that the trade limit is not very enjoying people, but I think it's one of the more useful thing they made to protect our account, while being hacked.

So, there're the greatest things about RuneScape and RuneScape Community. :D

8. spuddy5

spuddy5 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Probably the best answer on this thread.

Everything.

9. communitas

communitas Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Why I love runescape

I love the community! How friendly and welcoming people are!

I love the minigames the competition the costumer support, the constant updates and most of all I love Mod French!

10. Sipuli

Sipuli Ogre Newling

Credit:
    What I like in Runescape

I like swimming in the water. Really, it is the best thing to do in the whole game. Swinging my brine sabre at zombies in harmony island or asking Murphy to ''throw'' me in ocean. I think that there are too few places where I can dive but I enjoy it even if there is only few places to dive. Mogres at the bottom of the ocean are the ugliest thing I'v ever seen and still the most interesting inhabitant of the sea. :curtain:

11. iamkaty

iamkaty Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The community is probably the best feature of RuneScape, because no matter where you are or what skill you are training you will almost always meet people doing the same thing and thus make new friends and chat to them.

You're not ever confined to one skill to train, you can do whatever you like. Be it quest, cook, fish or train slayer, there is a vast amount of things to keep you entertained and so you are never bored.

The content is updated regularly so you're never far from a major update with new features and the Jagex team are constantly working to better RuneScape. They are very active within the community and are always keeping players updated with the goings on - this is always good for any game.

I have been playing RuneScape on and off for years, and something always drags me back to it. The content is vast, the amount of skills are vast and you never run out of things to do.

12. Zantillian

Zantillian Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Gameplay

What I love best about RuneScape is the amount of gameplay. And this goes for even being in free to play worlds.

You have 12 total skills to master just in the free worlds with an additional 9 if you go to the member's world. mastering the 12 alone could take you months on end, let alone the 9 extra ones you could choose to do.

For quests, you have about 20 some in the free world. Twenty. That's enough to keep you busy for at least a week. But that's only the free world. In the membership worlds, you get well over 150 different quests at your disposal. Each at their own unique levels, each with their own rewards.

To add even more to it, the world map is simply gigantic. The free map is nearly half of the entire thing. Imagine doing all of these quests in this entire map, especially when many of the quests require you to travel.

And to top it all off, Jagex adds wonderful graphics and animation to it for our enjoyment. This is the icing on the cake. None of this could be great if it weren't for the great designers and graphics team.

A game can be great if it looks good, but if you can beat it in a few days, what's the point? RuneScape provides practically months on end of gameplay. But to add to it, they provide great animation. That's what I love about RuneScape.

13. Knight522

Knight522 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The 10 things I like about Runescape are:

1) I like how the Jagex are involved with the players, listening to our ideas, take part in the events, randomly pop in the game and talk to us and see how are doing. Doing things out of the game like being on facebook, twitter to keep us up to date.
    2) There are skills, not just training combat and questing like most other games.
    3) Its not just a game for me, its like a different community for me, where I go on and help out others, and other help me in return. This is the thing I love about RuneScape, community like game.
    4) Anyone can play the game, its for all ages.
    5) There is update almost every week, so you can't be bored of the game. Once in a few months or so there's a big update where everyone is looking forward to it. ( I've been playing for 6 years and still playing, that's how great the game is.)
    6) I like how Jagex have "player moderator"( hand picked player by Jagex) who helped out in the game, moderating, helping out new players, forums etc. Most people who are a mod wear their crown proudly.
    7) Have cool competition for some things like a trip to Jagex Hq, membership, and more.
    8) They are trying their best to make the game fun for everyone, and trying to find a way to prevent others from ruining the game for others. Like merchanting, real world trading, and more.
    9)Oh Oh I like the GrandExchange, it changed the way how other play the game. You can sell/buy things without browsing the forum or going to busy world to find the item you wanted. Saves a lot of times, best update ever. Its good for new player because they might not know where to find those items or what world/place might have it. They don't have to worry where/how much to sell their items for( less stress for everyone). Its almost impossible to get scammed in the game, because of the trade limit, which help a lot for new player, when they trade an item it shows how much it cost ( price come from GrandExchange).
    10) The theme of the game is cool too, its somewhat realistic, all those skills like fishing, woodcutting, farming, trying to earn money to get what you want. It can be a good lesson, that you have to work hard to get what you want.

And that conclude what I like about the game.
    There is more, I can give like 100 more things but that's too much.

14. Blackange117

Blackange117 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The Best Things I Like About Runescape =)

Mainly I like Runescape for the memories I shared with friends I met in the game. How Runescape has lots of things to do for my friends and I to work as a team (SGWS FTW! XD), to hang out while skilling and for us to make events in game wherein we all just have fun. My friends in Runescape are mostly the reason I seriously love the game and has kept me going for 7yrs.

Now as to what I like about Runescape as "a Game", I like that we can create characters and move around different places in the game with different landscapes like the desert, forest, jungle, snowy places and explore different towns. I also like the monsters in the game which we can fight, train on and get their loot. We can also train many different skilling stats to keep us preoccupied like fletching, wcing, fishing and others and since these stats take a lot of experience to complete and might take even years to get to 99, I like how I can compete with a friend to motivate me and keep me going while having fun doing it hehe ^^.

I also like the different Quest we can complete even though some can be a pain *thinks back at Monkey Madness and how her bestfriend thought it would be fun to scare her with the Gorilla getup and how he laughed manically when he saw I got kicked in Jail and smacked many times* but it's fun too and gives life to Runescape.

Every year we get HOLIDAY EVENTS! Halloween and Christmas mainly although Jagex also gives other Holidays (like Thanksgiving, April Fools, and others) a chance to get in-game! XD These event are soooo fun and we also get an item when we finish these events (too bad I missed the bunny ears and scythe, oh well...) so yeah I like this part of Runescape also XD

*thinks on what else she likes about Runescape....*

"hmm..."

*thinks too much she ends up in front of a....*

*SLASH! - *95!**

@_@...."What just happened!?! Where am I!?"

*stares at Lumbridge Castle*

15. Mars0000013

Mars0000013 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Why I like RuneScape?

I like RuneScape because it's awesome :)!

What I like the most of RuneScape are updates.

Because it has many updates it became the most popular free MMORPG. I really like updates, but a lot of people hate updates (they say fail,worst update ever,...). At the moment I don't play RuneScape, but I follow updates of Jagex. And every update become better and better. One of the best update was the Grand Exchange (of course there are other very good updates).

Why I like the Grand Exchange, but sometimes I don't like it too?

The economy of RuneScape looks like the real economy in the world because of the GE. You learn a lot with it from the real world. You learn why prices rises and drops. It has statestics to look at the prices. Cause of merchants it is harder to get an item, that it makes better. Because when you whant something and you get it directly it's not really funny (you don't have to work for it). But when you really need an item and you can't get it, it's also not funny. Cause of directly having what you need, you can't really trade with other people, you don't have the fun of merchanting, it's only waiting, but also good you don't have to waste time, only log in 'buy, sell items' and log out. Also popular items become very valuable and sometimes almost unaffordable (but what's also good: not everybody has that item). Very usefull items (commodities) become very high, very useless items (low lvl needed finished products) become low, that it hasn't sense to make commodities to finished products to train a skill. Only 'noobs' buy low lvl needed items, why 'noobs' are not annoying... (sometimes yes :p, but helping 'noobs' is sometimes funny)

Other things I like about RuneScape.

I love stories of RuneScape. Because I like stories of RuneScape, I like also Quests! That's something not much MMORPG has. And almost every month there's a new quest, why I like updates too. The sory of Gielinor, how Gielinor was created is interesting. From Quests you learn too a lot of the story (like 'While Guthis Sleeps'), why I love quests (I had the Questpoint Cape [​IMG], but now that I am F2P, new Quests came, I don't have it anymore of course). I like also stories about RuneScape that players invent, it's very original (like Gods Exposed from TehNoobShow)

Skilling on RuneScape is sometimes boring (when you always doing the same thing). That's why I take a lot of breaks, I stop with RuneScape and come back. I train also more skills, I don't train a skill from lvl 1 to lvl 99, that's really too much boring without switching from skill.

Something that's makes RuneScape happy, are emotes. Simpel little emotes are amusing to watch and you enjoy it too. Skill cape emotes are also very nice, everybody likes it.

That's what I like the most of RuneScape, but I'm sure I forgot a lot more.
    And I'm also sure I made a lot of grammar faults, I'm sorry. I don't speak very well english.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2009
  16. Mr_Alma

Mr_Alma Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The top 10 things I like about Runescape are listed below with the most important first:
    1. Very clean playing environment - the player mods, reporting system, chat filters, unobjectionable graphics, etc. create an atmosphere that I can enjoy playing in. (And I'm 37 years old btw)
    2. The free stuff - Not only did I find over two years of playing enjoyment before purchasing my first month's membership. I have been able to successfully switch back and forth, as my financial situations have changed, between member and non-member status without having to give up the game or my stuff.
    3. The quests - I love figuring things out, and while some of the quests can be rather difficult, they are all very fun.
    4. The creative talent at Jagex - I love the little sub-plots and brilliant word-play throughout the game. Their sense of just plain fun and ability to keep things interesting is incredible.
    5. The fact that there is no way to spend real money on virtual stuff - This is one of my pet peeves of online games and I am so happy that Jagex is above such pan-handling methods.
    6. The endless possibilities - I am continually struck by how much game content is actually available here, even the free stuff is incredibly diverse and provides tens of thousands of hours of enjoyment. The member stuff increases this by at least 10 fold.
    7. The fact that it is suitable for even the young players - My girlfriend's son was quite excited when he learned that he too could get a Runescape account and join us in playing the game.
    8. The holiday events - It's always fun to see what Jagex has cooked up this time. (Btw, I thoroughly enjoyed that combination in-forum/in-game scavenger hunt. Way cool!)
    9. The community - I am always discovering more of my friends who play this game. Also, the forums are very extensive and there are so many community-sponsored events to choose from.
    10. The fact that there are more than 10 things I could list - I haven't even mentioned the Achievement diaries, the quick-chat options, the mini-games, etc. This list really could go on and on.

17. spyrofan101

spyrofan101 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    So many things about RuneScape....guess there will be a big list..

1) The main thing I love about this game is that you get to explore a whole new world and meet REAL world players, not just NPC's.

2) Another thing about this game is that there is no direct route you have to take. You have the choice to train 24 different skills and do quests that will help you understand more about RuneScape and it's culture, history, Gods, and even secret lairs with bountiful rewards.

3) The game revolves around your choices. If you choose to train one skill instead of the other, then you can do more with that skill. If you decide not to finish a quest, the quest will remain in your Quest Log, ready to be finished later.

4)RuneScape workers and player moderators actually play the game and get involved with the community. They get involved with the player, take ideas, use the ideas, all to make the game better.

5)HOLIDAY EVENTS. RuneScape has always given a holiday event, and since the first they have never let anyone down. Every event is different, every reward is different, every year it is different.

6) THE COMMUNITY. All the time when i fish or cut trees, it gets boring. However, if there is another player around, they are more than happy to start a conversation. I have not yet met a non-social player while working on a skill. It just adds to the fun to talk to someone.

7)The neverending adventure! From the time you enter Tutorial Island to the time you become level 134 there is always adventure. And Jagex adds to the adventure by adding more quests alog with skillcapes. What is better than showing your friends that you accomplished the seemingly-impossible task of getting a skill to 99?

8)The Minigames. From Castle Wars to Barrows, you are never bored when it comes to a minigame. Especially when the rewards come in. Each game will give you a different reward, only useable with that minigame, for the possibility of getting a cool item.

9)Guilds. Whenever you get to a certain point in training a skill, it will get dull. However, when you become a certain level in the skill, there is a newly-found guild waiting for you. Guild will offer more of a chance of getting more materials. For example, the mining guild has alot of mithril ore and coal. And the closest bank is only up a ladder!

10) Finally, the forums and highscores. When you enter the forums, there are interesting things and downright hilarious things to read. You can even post your own threads, adding more to the conversations. The Highscores...what's better than showing everyone how far you have come? The trials you have to endure, the adventures you can tell.

Well, that's all i got, good luck to all and may the best RuneScapian win!

18. KaBob799

KaBob799 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    There are many things I enjoy about RuneScape, but the thing that keeps me coming back for more is the competition and sense of accomplishment. In most games, beating them is good but it doesn't really get you anything. In RuneScape, it gets you highscores and rare items and between skills and quest points you can see just how much you have accomplished. I've never had a game where getting higher on the highscores felt like such an accomplishment. The constant updates don't hurt either.

19. Xtreme

Xtreme Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Oh wow! What a question. I don't even think there are words to expalin how great this game is!

The only way I can describe RuneScape is as a trinket filled to the brim with glorious gems and treasures that you cannot find elsewhere - and yet, that is an understatement! It truly is unique and there's something for everyone.

Its splendour far surpasses anything else of its type. I'm sure there are mixed opinions on this subject; some may describe it as iconic, but the only word that crops up in my mind is that the game is well and truly; "awesome"!

You name it and RuneScape delivers. Whether you are looking for quests or you are more of the type that prefer "game domination", look no more! With a great array of skills to train, secrets to uncloak and lands to conquer, hiding behind all this, under a veil that only a few unravel is the bare necessities of a game. Above all, RuneScape is simply fun! What's more, it is free with no installing/downloading required! Imagine that, if all your favourites games were so easy to get hold of, wouldn't it all be so much more wonderful?

The possibilities really are endless; it is like counting numbers, they just go on (trust me, they do!). You may think non-members is simply a taster, but even then, what a sweet, refreshing taster it is! Even F2P is super-awesome (yes that is a new word!) I don't think the game can ever be fully completed, which makes it an adventure in its own right. Even if you are stumped on what to do next (I wouldn't know how you got to that point, but anyway...) your imaginations are the only limitations that hold you back. Fear not, roleplay is the essence and key to possibilities that are unimaginable on its own.

The modest group of people behind all this that make the magic happen (that's Jagex!) have really given you a world where anything is possible. If you think you have exhausted the game, I wouldn’t be so sure…

I am just getting started, that is the prologue to the introduction done (hehe, just joking!). However, none of this could be possible without a huge element that is often forgotten - the community. It's the players that make the game. It's you guys, us! It simply wouldn't be possible without all the great people out there in our community. Each player is like a shining diamond in the RuneScape crown. A lot of RuneScape’s prowess is in its community, which really is among the best in the world.

I have probably gone on for a bit now, apologies if I've made you empty your cookie stores in the process! However, this is next to nothing in the praise that the game truly deserves. You can enjoy all this in a very safe and secure environment, which some multiplayer games lack. You can cut right to it, right to the thing that really matters - the game and the fun of playing it.
    RuneScape offers far more than meets the eye.

That's my personal view on why I enjoy this game. Now, it's all up to you fellow Scapers, let's strive to keep this game as brilliant as can be. There is no I in community (ok, well there is an “i†but swiftly moving on)…

Happy gaming everyone. ;)

20. Brataus

Brataus Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Runescape

Hi I love Runescape for several reasons,
    1) Multi Choice of Combat skills or you can do all.
    2) If you dont like fighting then there are many other skills to choise from.
    3) You have Interactions with other ppl in real time with chat.
    4) Chat you can join clan chats that can either assist you with Mini games , Quests, Disctractions and Dirversions with Trees or stars, along with just plain Maham with those that idolize Vid makers, top players and just for clans it self oh yes and PVP and merchenting.
    5) Talking to or playing with your frineds for hours on end to either race for levels or just Killing each other for sheer might force.
    6) But my all time favorite thing is log in to runescape open my player owned house to the public and hang around just being silly. but then again thats what i love about runescape after playing it since 2002 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.