1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Shadow of Legends

Discussion in 'Ogre's Online Game Lunch' started by solmkas, Apr 18, 2008.

1. solmkas

solmkas Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hi all, I just started playing "Shadow of Legends". Is there anyone know about this game? I think it's not so bad. Please check it out and let me know what you think.
    Shadow of Legend

2. Balard

Balard Ogre Newling

Credit:
    You play it on your mobile?

3. solmkas

solmkas Ogre Newling

Credit:
    No yet. But I'm going to try it

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    looks like a interesting game

5. solmkas

solmkas Ogre Newling

Credit:
    It's not so bad. I'm playing in my mobile and not so heavy. Only 15MB. Pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2008
  6. supafly88

supafly88 Guest

Credit:
    Nice Ive been trying to find people who play SoL, I'm level 15 at the moment if you'd like to party. MY ign is Skribbles

7. jenna010986

jenna010986 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    15MB??? not bad and that heavy...I think I'm going to try this one too in my mobile...I see the link above and for me Shadow of Legends is some kind of interesting game to play...

8. cjlouis

cjlouis Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Me and My SOL

By accident, I was led to an MMORPG called shadow of legend, a 2D free to play fantasy game, was hailed for its exciting features. Since I started quite early, I’ve seen people come and people go. It’s nothing strange about this, not at all, especially when you do something new. I could well understand the challenge facing the devs, and I appreciate the effort they put into to honor their promise. Lately they are announcing on their website that 2.5D Version is being made, and it’s scheduled to release by the end of September 2008. I believe that 2D Shadow of Legend on PC is good enough right now, and how it would be for its 2.5D version, I’m really expecting and keeping an eye on it. :p

9. Eviran

Eviran Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    The devs are doing the right thing cuz I think SOL needs better graphics. Looks pretty bad for an MMO now.

10. mdjh

mdjh Little Spike

Credit:
    Shadow of Legend SOL

Hey guys, a period of game experience I’d like to share with you here.

I’ve played WoW for 2 years, then I moved to SOL several months ago, now I find it really rewarding. I did not leave WoW because I got bored of it,rather that SOL took me away from it. I did all the quests that are to be done, visited every corner of the maps, as the game got more and more demanding and time-consuming, I took a break to play non online RPGs. I played childish games on the PSP and even mobile phones; it was a refreshing shift for me, however, sooner I felt the need to play something to keep myself really engaged. But by no mean shallow rubbishes, I wanted something tough and complex.

I took notice of Shadow of Legend and found out that there is a lot of individualism that I love so much. So I started playing SOL. The community is helpful and user friendly. You get to level 10 very quickly, and the newbie village is very comfortable, where all the newbies are in and you learn random things as you quest and play. The chatting system works like a marvel; you can bring up any stupid questions, people would kinda compete to give you the answer. Crafting is also unique, and you can regard that as separated individual games per se. Combating is quite different from many other games; you have many options on how to fight the mobs. Individual heroism is hard but extremely satisfying once you do it. Questing is varied as well, you get some good equipment from quests to keep you up but you may still want to check the market for some upgrades. The quest log is very well explained, as the quest content is huge, probably you may level much faster than to do them all. Spell system is very intriguing and it grows more complicated as you level up.

It has to be mentioned that, this game is characterized by a great deal of NPCs, who volunteer or get paid to help you with upgrading, crafting, or job-shift.

Similar to some MMOs, an Item Mall has been set up to promote trading. You have to earn the diamond to buy some valuable goods.

The game is a little bit deeper and more complex than other MMORPGs but it is very rewarding. I'm enjoying every bit of the game. If you are a hardcore player, you will just love SOL.

Furthermore, it’s said that the game is going 2.5D weeks later in October; I can’t wait to see what would come out of it.

11. Babyeys

Babyeys BamBam

Credit:
    The experience of the first 3 days lol

I started to play shadow of legend (I don’t know whether anyone more knows about it or not) the day before yesterday. Yes, I have played it for only 3 days and I’m a little mage now^^ (I always choose a mage to go into the game for the first time ) I think this game gives us the chance to hook up with others online in a dark world dominated by dragons, beasts, and endless bloody battles. You can go head-to-head with other humans, explore new areas, chat with online players and even collaborate with them in order to defeat the enemy.

Sonically, the game does well too and has some amusing backing tracks and sound effects. Although I’m new there, I feel quite happy in the game. Once I have problems, other players there are very kind to help me. At the moment, I know why I like it very much for the experience of just 3 days. Yes, the most cause is that it’s a warm game community. Mostly anyone there is so willing to help the newbie. I'm enjoying every bit of the game.

And I have a deep impression on an issue. Yesterday when I was doing my quests to kill the related monsters, I saw the NPC beside me killing the monsters too!! When the monster went away, the NPC ran after it. Hahn, he helped me LOL yes, for me, it’s interesting - -///

Furthermore, it’s said that the game is going 2.5D weeks later in October; I can’t wait to see what would come out of it.

12. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Lets try to keep all the SOL posts in this thread please. Thanks.