1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Developer Q&A*30.6.2014

Discussion in 'World of Tanks' started by ufbre, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Russian Q&A with developers from WG, done by EU player Silentstalker, on his blog "For the Record"

- according to Cannoneer (WG tank developer), it’s not yet sure what gun will the Soviet tier 8 light tank LTTB have (57mm, 76mm, 85mm were mentioned), the tank was not balanced yet
    - Soviet tier 7 light tank? “unfortunately, I won’t tell anything†(SS: the original idea was to have the LTTB as tier 8 going from some existing tier 7 tank, such as the KV-13, but it’s possible that LTTB will be downtiered to LT7, since historically it doesn’t really fit the LT8 slot (it’s way too weak))
    - there is currently no info on swapping WT E-100 for another plan
    - as reported earlier, the tier 8 German premium MT will likely be the Panther Ausf.F with 88mm L/71
    - Japanese premium tier 8 medium tank? Tanitha: “We appreciate we have a large amount of dedicated Japanese players on the server, but developing tanks (even graphical ones) takes a lot of research and development. Please be patient with us.†(SS: my guess, STA-2B)
    - crew specialization change (SS: as in, radioman to driver re-train for example): “Hello, its currently in planning / development, so we are considering the possibility to introduce this feature in our future updates. Its not in the pipeline for the short future though, so might be end of year early next year all going to plans.â€
    - Maus reconstruction status: “There is currently construction elaboration. This is a large-scale project and we will definitely inform community about updates on the wors progress.â€

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  2. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    Next panther in the game :D :D :D

3. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Hmm, well new tanks will always be cool, even if they're premium. :) Can't wait to see that one ingame.

4. El Monstro De Galleta

El Monstro De Galleta Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    This may be a fun Panther

5. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Hawx1990SRBIJA Iron Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well you can play even better tank than that one (Panther 2). Panther 2 has more armor and better traverce and other stats than Panther 1.

6. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    That STA looks preety nice. Nice profiled armor and big gun :D

7. El Monstro De Galleta

Credit:
    I ha e STA-1 and it is super fun. You should go for it. I have no interest in anything after it.

8. El Monstro De Galleta

Credit:
    Ok. Sounds pretty good, I liked this one because it's a Premium. I don't want to get a new crew. Nice to hear something good about Panther2.

9. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Credit:
    There is no very good tier 8 medium tank, they are all less powerful than tier 7 heavys, but they face tier 10 tanks. XD
    I play currently T-44, yeah its agile but it gets penetrate very easy, its gun might be precise, but it doesnt have that much of penetration nor high dmg so even if you flank lets say E75 there is a good chance to ding him, and you need a lot of shells to put him dovn, but he will penetrate you every time and kill you with 3,4 shells.

10. El Monstro De Galleta

Credit:
    Yeah, you do have a point. I happen to love the M26 - because I love it in real life - but it could use a bit more pen.
    STA-1 is really fun too. Great to use on hills but no armor.
    T-44 seems fun, never went that far as I really like the T-34-85.
    I wish I could "defect" my VK3601h crew over to the Russians and grind to the T-54 or stay at T-44.

11. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Credit:
    There is no surrender or treason in WoT, unlike in real life. At least as a crew goes. XD
    At least you have commander from T-62A. Xd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.