1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Developer Q&A*2.7.2014

Discussion in 'World of Tanks' started by ufbre, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Russian Q&A with developers from WG, done by EU player Silentstalker, on his blog "For the Record"

- Storm confirms: in 9.2 supertest patchnotes, there was a mistake, specifically in the part that says that HD model will display only on player’s tank – in fact, HD models will display on all HD tanks, but the textures will be at 50 percent quality on other tanks
    - the change above was made so the textures do not overload graphic memory, Storm states that the difference is noticeable only on 1-1,5 meter distance
    - will the change above reduce lags from HD tanks being scouted for the first time on the map that some players have been reporting? Storm: “I cannot say anything about thatâ€
    - FV215b (183) HESH pen was nerfed because other nerfs, such as DPM nerf etc. wouldn’t solve the issues with oneshots from this tank, there was even an exact internal calculation of what effect will this change have on heavy tanks when firing at them from the front
    - Storm talking about FV215b (183) nerf: “The vehicle was balanced around its AP shell, which has more than decent characteristics. The fact that everyone started using HESH shells was not expected by the balancers and it was our mistake. HESH shell with 230 penetration will still have its uses against “paper†targets and when shooting enemies in the side or in the backâ€
    - IS-3 will not appear in HD in 9.2, it was postponed
    - there is no plan to merge Korean and ASIA server
    - currently, VK4502(P) Ausf.B is being considered for Armor buffs of the upper and lower glacis plates
    - the Sentinel Australian tank might be “introduced one day, not in 2014 though†(SS: according to what Chieftain said earlier, Sentinel will not be a part of the LL “Firefly†branch, so it’s possible it will come later)
    - it’s possible the Australian units Kangaroo decal will appear in WoT

2. Vrcinac

Vrcinac Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    i couldnt understand meaning of that but i understood its about hd graphics or smt like that :p thats nice!

3. El Monstro De Galleta

El Monstro De Galleta Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah I think it means only your tank will be in HD

4. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Hawx1990SRBIJA Iron Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    - Storm talking about FV215b (183) nerf: “The vehicle was balanced around its AP shell, which has more than decent characteristics. The fact that everyone started using HESH shells was not expected by the balancers and it was our mistake. HESH shell with 230 penetration will still have its uses against “paper” targets and when shooting enemies in the side or in the back” - But even whitout HESH that TD has enough dmg and penetration with AP to be OP.

5. El Monstro De Galleta

El Monstro De Galleta Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah Hawx, it is a monster. Def needs a nerf

6. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    loL but Kangaroo was a infantry transporter :D :D :D

7. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Hawx1990SRBIJA Iron Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    You didnt get it (neither did i, i must admit that, but there was link to the photo i original post). They want to implement emblem of kangaroo, not vehicle.

8. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    oooo you got this one so right :) OP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.