1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

afk / leaving / quitting discussion

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by Glorious, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Glorious

Glorious DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    ive been playing lol for 3 years now and there is this one thing that keeps occurring:
    people start a game just to go afk / leave / rage quit because they got killed once and decided that the game is hopelessly lost and there is no point in playing anymore.
    why would you do this? you got in queue for a game cuz you wanted to play the game right? so why would you give up 5min in just because everything is not going on so perfectly?
    i had a game recently in which we had a bit of a troll team, i played ad bruiser leona top, we had ap nasus mid, support lee sin, dont remember the jungler, and vayne adc. from the start of the game we were wrecking the enemy team but our vayne was like:
    guys we gonna surrender this at 20 right? im going afk if we dont cuz i dont deserve a troll team like this.
    WTF? we had a kill lead of like 15 and would fight them 3v5 and win and he goes afk because our team does not consist of LCS-most played champions so he doesnt want to win. what kind of a person is that? so he was afk for like 10min and when he saw that we can win he started playing again but he did not help his team, noo, he would randomly walk around, push a random lane far from the rest of us and just talk garbage all day long.
    we ended up barely winning the game since we were forced to play 4v5 for 20min with our troll picks.

so, i do not understand what forces people into such behavior. you want to play a game? then ****ing play it, dont give up!
    its like getting into college and then when you get one bad grade, you drop out instead of trying to fix it.
    does that make sense to you? if it does, please, id like to hear an explanation.

SHORT VERSION
    why do you think people leave games?
    what makes them give up so quickly?​

2. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I think that what makes them give up so quickly is that they usually are really good players, and they think that their team is fault for them being bad in some game. So what do they do? They quit the game, or even worse, they are raging in the base, distracting their team's attention. I don't like those guys, but they are a part of this game also. They usually know how to play a certain kind of champion, and they are good, but when things go wrong, and they start dying it's over, and then they go afk. You can't really do nothing about it cause most of them are stubborn (don't know if I spelled it right xD). But yeah, everybody has got some good and bad games, that's not a reason to go troll/afk. That is my opinion.

3. Peyp

Peyp The Noblesse The Pit

Credit:
    Everytime I afk or leave is because I got bug splat. I did everything support told me to fix it and it occurs less, but sometimes it still occurs making me leave game for at least 10 minutes since auto-repair kicked in. There has been times that power went down but that's extremely rare.
    I never understood rage quits, not like people never win with even 20 kills less. If it's late game and most of us got full build it doesn't matter anymore, right? And backdoor is always one of possibilities. People give up to easily.
    But I got to the point that if someone rage-quits at lvl 3 because he has 0/5 it's sometimes better for the team. Would you rather have that kind of person there doing nothing but feeding/raging/distracting for whole game? In your Vayne case, that was seriously idiotic excuse. I played 5 support team, 5adc team, triple mid team, double jungle and bunch of other popular stuff, and it sometimes ended well with bunch of fun and it worked kinda like stress relief.
    I don't know what goes through their head when they leave the game for absolutely NO reason... I never understood it.

4. Glorious

Credit:
    yea but, if they are good players, wouldnt they know by now that you cant blame others for everything? if im going to play a lane in which i have a disadvantage, im going to be passive and wait for gank or something; ive seen people just dive right into certain death and then blame...jungler i guess, cuz its his fault. it cant be his fault if it was your bad decision. if you are a good player, you should learn by now that you cant just blame others for everything that happens.

ive been reminded of that a lot when i was trying out leona top. i won several lanes alone, and i lost several lanes alone because some decisions just werent the best i must admit. but i cant say my i lost cuz my bot lane is feeding. a few times i really could blame the jungler as he refused to gank on purpose even if we had insane kill potential, but that was like 2-3 times out of those 15 games.​

5. Glorious

Credit:
    a long time ago, i had a really bad internet provider, which cost me like 30% of the games played back then. i would get frequent disconnects every 15-20min and it was really almost impossible to play. but im not the one to give up unless it is an extreme case of hopelessness when people you are currently playing with are just not smart enough to understand how to react to the specific situation - like picking constant fights against a team that is waaay ahead instead of playing defensively.

that bit about being better off without someone...im not really sure...sometimes it feels like you could be doing so much better without that person, and at other times you will feel the lack of the 5th player on your team when you get a teamfight 4v5 and enemy aces you and all that remains of their team is like 2-3 people with 100-200hp each. im really undecided about that one...​

6. shaki997

shaki997 MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    It just means their willpower is weak and their ability to concentrate as well.If those people don't fix it they wont or will hardly advance in league. Of course its possible to have something pop up so you have to leave a game but the problem is that this happends way to often i play dota 2 as well and there is much less afk people i dont quite understand why league of legends why not DotA

7. Glorious

Credit:
    i think league has a faulty punishment system, people like that dont really get the punishment they deserve for such actions and behavior so they arent scared of doing something like that. i noticed that other moba games: hon and dota have better punishment systems which in turn makes people less likely to leave, dunno, just my guess...​

8. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Yeah, but LoL system isn't just unfair to the people who leave/troll games, and don't get banned, it's also unfair to the other players. For example it happened to me that I got (deserved) 6 or 7 chat banned games. And I did my games, without insulting anybody, nor flaming or afking games. I just played the game and after I cleared it all out the system "awarded" me with extra 14 games. I'm really mad about that, and I think that LoL won't improve in that way. I can just hope that it will...

9. Glorious

Credit:
    yes yes, i got chat restriction 3 times in a row! and the thing is, i didnt speak those games. nothing except 'drag in -inster time here-' or 'baron in -insert time here-'. on the third chat restriction (it was 20 more games), i wrote a letter to rito demanding to know what ive done to deserve it. after a few days, i got a mail saying how 'i have been increasingly negative in the last days bla bla bla' and after that mail when i logged back in, chat restriction was gone...
    i have no idea what's going on. a friend of mine told me he got the same situation, he didnt say anything bad and he got chat restriction, and i know he didnt do anything bad, he's a really nice guy.​

10. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I just think .. ppl should never give up ... or leave a game.
    Its always a chance to come back and win a game ...

11. Peyp

Peyp The Noblesse The Pit

Credit:
    I personally got chat ban for 10 games once while saying nothing... Long time ago thou.
    Now half of my friend list has chat ban, some even got 500+games while saying absolutely nothing ingame. Guess it's automated system that counts all reports from 12 year old kid that report everybody for nothing? Anyways, it can be dealt with after contacting support and after 3 automated messages from them... Still waiting for improved tribunal...

12. VannaVIktor

VannaVIktor Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    That is kid who play LoL, no for funny, only for win! It is not always everything was perfect! They see that after five minutes we lose 4 - 5 Differences and immediately write: ''
    Surr at 20'' , ''report noob team'' , ''low adc, jungle...'', ''why only I play in noob team''. I LoL is cool stay and fight, no matter what they are stronger and better, never give up and fight! Trying to cope victory for his team, play the best! Finally, you may also pay!!!

13. Glorious

Credit:
    indeed it seems like the system bans people at random and yet, rito keeps claiming that about 95% of the players never receive ANY bans. cut the crap rito, half the people i know got chat restriction and about 5% of them actually deserved it cuz they actually do leave and rage quit and are generally toxic.​

14. Glorious

Credit:
    i feel like the meaning of the word 'report' has changed in lol because of such people. when i read someone say 'report' i read it as 'i think he sucks'. because that's that people basically mean by it, by constant spam of 'report X person for Y' where Y does not exist i believe they changed the meaning of it.​

15. Glorious

Credit:
    you're right, most of the games people declare over in the first 10min and stop trying can be won if only people didnt give up so easily. but alas, people just lose moral and start making very bad decisions or even intentionally throw the game because they THINK its over.
    ofc, there are games that are hopelessly lost, but thats a different situation altogether, most of the games can be turned around if only people used their heads and worked together.​

16. Silisa

Silisa Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    People who go afk or rage quit are usually bad players or players who don't understand the game. I've won plenty of games in which my team was behind - either by split pushing or backdoor.
    And lets not forget the top laners who think they are the most emportant role in the game and quit because the jungler didn't gank and they couldn't help dying 5 times in 7 minutes.

17. Aki013

Aki013 League of Legends Player Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I hate those people,they are mostly kids,raging kids 8-9 years old

18. DoomGuard

DoomGuard Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Well dude i am not sure if that was a ranked game... i assume it was not! :D
    But um...... people quit because they suck at the game that is it. They blame other players and just won't admit they suck and they do not have the will to finish what they have started! Have a wonderful day! And btw: What division are you in right now? :)
    :clubbed:

19. Frozen

Frozen Potato King The Pit

Credit:
    people in lol just give up really quickly and reasons for this is first blood, fail on their own, Argue with teammates. They think that there's no more chance to win the game if they are loosing in lane phase or early game. everything what they need to do is to farm, play safe wait for ganks and for late game.
    Some of them just got DC-ed not on purpose or maybe they have to go somewhere or they have internet problems.
    Everything what people do is rage and flame they don't know to play as team that's all.

20. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I know that shouldnt do this but, i carried game with nunu, 2-1-7 get our Vayne quite fed, ganked all lanes get few kills, secure 4 dragons in 24-25 min, then useless flamer cho steal blue buff, even i pinged him that i need it. After that i just went into jungle didnt wana help team, and ofc we lost.
    Just h8 ppl who dont appreciate when some1 try to carry them, instead of that troll and blame others for their fails