1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New MMO Magazine Debuting Later This Month!

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by P.u.G. MMO Magazine, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P.u.G. MMO Magazine

P.u.G. MMO Magazine Ogre Newling

Credit:
    NEW MMO MAGAZINE DEBUTING IN LATE JANUARY, 2010
    P.u.G. MMO Magazine to focus on mature gamers​

Online gamers devoted to such titles as World of Warcraft™, Everquest II™, Age of Conan™, and other massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPGs) now have a thoroughly unique and exhaustive gaming magazine at their disposal.

P.u.G. MMO Magazine is designed for the MMORPG gamer 21 years old and older, for individuals looking for more than just forum posts and amateur game-play videos. The magazine will provide expertly written game reviews and articles focusing on gaming peripherals, UI mods, and the like. Matched with this is a mix of perspectives about issues affecting game play – gaming and family life, the single gamer, gaming and a career.

In its full-color virtual format (hosted by leading digital publishing platform Issuu), P.u.G. MMO Magazine will be free to read online, and to download as a PDF. MagCloud, a beta project of HP, will provide custom, print-on-demand hard copies of P.u.G. MMO Magazine for those who want to purchase an issue.

“The average MMORPG player is approximately 26 years old, works full time, is most likely married, and may have children” Joshua Yates, editor-in-chief, said. “Yet most resources for MMORPG gamers are directed to those less than 21 years old, and assume players have none of these responsibilities. We felt it was time to provide focused content for adult MMORPG players.”

2. slessman

slessman Big Brute

Credit:
    That's an exciting development! I am excited to see this magazine unveiled. I hope to read a lot of articles about high-end MMOs like WOW, Aion and Ryzom--especially if it is written at a level that is good for people my age as opposed to the younger audience.

3. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    I don't know if this magazine is really useful to all MMO gamers because there's a lot of game sites out there.. You can see the events, announcement and news in all games through game Forums and it is free... anyways.... Lets have a try on this magazine...

4. nekocat

nekocat Little Spike

Credit:
    Hmm...well I think offering email newsletter-format mags would do the trick. It'll be quite hard to entice people to buy a physical copy at the rate news is updated online. Maybe it'll be better to partner up with other sites to promote your mag site as well as theirs. :)

5. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    its not january anymore is it out?

6. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    What MMO games covered in this magazine? Is there Atlantica Online? ^^

7. Stavros

Stavros MMORPGer

Credit:
    I'd give it a try...