1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The Hammers End (Indie MMORPG)

Discussion in 'Indie Games' started by Leafcrawl, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Leafcrawl

Leafcrawl Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hello everyone! I recently came across an indie game called The Hammers End. It was released to the public in 2013 and has been improving ever since. I was wondering if anyone else has ever played this? I have been playing for a couple of months and I have really enjoyed it thus far. It is not your typical mainstream MMO that is for sure!

-Persistent game servers (no instances, even dungeons). The huge land is available to everyone at anytime.
    -Old School inspired (open world PvE and PvP).
    -100% original game engine created from scratch by the development team.
    -Less than a 300 MB download and creating a free game account requires NO personal information.
    -Unique artwork. Explore 2 separate continents full of forests, lakes, mountains, meadows and desert.

I don't want to list too many things, but if you are looking for something fresh and more of a classic MMORPG experience, then I suggest giving this hidden game a try. Leveling to 50 is surprisingly fast and from there it has an endgame focus to further develop your character. It has a nice charm to it. I just think indie games like this should be more recognized. I can answer any questions you may have from a player perspective.

Thanks you guys and have a great day!

Best Gameplay Video I could find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ6jspoy6TY

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Wen

Wen Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    This sounds quite promising. I see, I see. Hmmm...Maybe I will have a look at it.

3. jovapeba

jovapeba Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    It looks quite promising

4. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    the graphic is not bad .... love the sound
    could be an interesting game ...