1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

A game with legal BOT system?

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by nheL03, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nheL03

nheL03 Brute

Credit:
    I was intrigued by the game Rosh Online from Ignited Games because hearing from my friends it has its own in-game bot system called Rosh Guide. Other online games are against players using bots, that’s why I’m surprised to see a game having its own bot system. Players can use the bot system for 6 hours a day. So players can still grind even when they are sleeping, eating or working, which I think is very clever of the game.

The bot system is very clever indeed. It allows auto pots; auto target, auto loot and players can even set the casting time of skills. This is one more reason to love this game.

Bot for grinding

Have you ever encountered a game with legal bots? Most players like us would think that bots are illegal and that players using bots are bound to be penalized. Well, one game proved me wrong on that way of thinking. ROSH Online offers a ‘legal’ bot system which they call ROSH Guide. For 6 hours a day players can do other things while their characters stay online to gain level. Ignited Games thought of a good way to keep players within the game. As a saying goes, ‘If you can’t beat them, join them.’ Bots will always be present in a game, so why not make it legal? Players of your game will benefit from it, making them want to stay playing the game.

2. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    The text-based browser game Kingdom of Loathing also allows automated playing (it bans certain kinds of bots, but those are ones that cause undue server strain, rather than the ones that play the game for you)

3. funnygamer

funnygamer Clubbed

Credit:
    Actually, legal bots have been in the genre for many years already. It's just that only a few games use it.

If I remember correctly, Jade Dynasty has a legal bot system. Another game with bot system is With Your Destiny. I'm actually playing this game too. Perhaps you can try it.

4. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    Yes Jade Dynasty has a very advanced bot system. One of the most advanced I have seen so far. I believe a few of PWE games have it now.

Eligium also has a legal bot.

5. zyke03

zyke03 Little Spike

Credit:
    Yeah theres a lot of game has a bot, but this bot has a limited use(6hours max) it cant be abuse by other player. That's nice! It was fair to those player not "addict" :)

6. CrownKnight2

CrownKnight2 Little Spike

Credit:
    you have a point but those "addict" you called was giving/spending a lot of time playing games so you cant blame them why they have a best/good equips coz they really work hard for it :cool:

7. nheL03

nheL03 Brute

Credit:
    i always heard that game.. :confused:

8. nowayout

nowayout BamBam

Credit:
    Whats fun about letting a bot do everything for you anyway :surprised:

9. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    What's fun about grinding? lol

10. nheL03

nheL03 Brute

Credit:

I only use bot if im grinding or leveling, whats fun in bot? i can gain items or level even im busy in my real life. In that case i can have decent gears/items or even the best gear/items in game. Then actually i having fun in pvp, if i got a decent or best items/gears i really enjoying kill others :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.