1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Actual guide how to escape sub 2k MMR

Discussion in 'DotA' started by LosmiK, Jul 13, 2015.

1. LosmiK

LosmiK Mr. LosmiK Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Actual guide how to escape sub 2k MMR

Who is this guide for?

This guide is aimed at players who would like to get better at them game which is something that is impossible in sub 2K. Dota 2 is team game and if your team consists of you and 4 guys with lobotomy EVERY SINGLE GAME you just can't get better in the game. You will only get mad and hate the game beucause everyone will ruin it for you. And by everyone I really mean EVERYONE without expections. You just can't trust anyone in sub 2k MMR. Thats why you will need to be a bit selfish to make this guide work.

Why would you need guide to get out of sub 2K MMR?

Many people say that sub 2K bracket is so potato that all you need to escape it is to train last hits and outfarm others.

FALSE

Even if you get ALL the last hits in the world there will always be that guy from Zimbabwe on EU server who will feed enemy carry 9/0 in 10 minutes and there is just nothing you can do about it. Thats why you need a hero that can play "solo" and doesn't need to rely on teammates no matter what and can do crazy comebacks even if the enemy team is fed.

Comeback even when mid feeded enemy Tusk 9/0 in 10 minutes
    [​IMG]

So how do you escape sub 2k MMR?

The answer is:

Riki

[​IMG]

HURR DURR ONLY CANCER PLAYERS PICK THIS HERO!!

Well of course Riki is kind of lame hero and thats why you need to be a bit selfish to do this. Ignore everyone. Everyone will call you names and insult you for picking Riki. Just ignore them. Mute everyone and get your free MMR.

When to pick Riki?

Hmm your team already has 4 carries and needs a support? ♥♥♥♥ them and pick Riki. Supporting just doesn't work in this bracket.

When to NOT pick Riki?

Never. Even when enemy team picks Sladar and BH to counter you it really doesn't matter at this MMR if you are good enough. I have 90 games with Riki and Sladar and BH just make a nice challange so the game isn't boring and too easy.

So how to play Riki properly?

Tango, salve, stout and two branches as a starting items. Put Magic Wand in quick buy, camp at rune and if you manage to get it you quickly buy Circlet and send courier. Finish building Magic Wand and make Poor mans shield. That +6 agility will really help you last hit (dont forget to backstab). Now if you somehow managed to get a harrasing support or someone with stun you should go for Orb of Venom and brown boots. Orb will help you to get some early kills if the second guy in lane does his work but if he doesnt just skip the Orb and go straight for Treads followed by Diffusal.

I will not go trough the whole game but you need to remember one thing: DONT DIE. Enemy in your lane bought sentry wards? Stay in XP range and just dont die. You can try to get some last hits by putting smoke on them but be smart and dont die. Teammate Leeroyed to into enemy and you are not lvl 6? ♥♥♥♥ him and let him die, you cant do ♥♥♥♥ before lvl 6.

Once you get your diffusal it is time to start hunting heroes so you can snowball. You can participate in 5v5 teamfights but if you see your idiot teammmates going 2v5 teamfight just ignore them unless you are snowballed.

Your team will want to fight 24/7 but you should play smart and ignore their stupid fights and split push towers and farm. Always carry TP. What I do is when I get in base I buy two TPs so I can TP out of the base and still have one TP left. You just bought Blade of Alacrity and don't have space for TP? ♥♥♥♥ everything else, you must always have atleast one TP in your inventory. ALWAYS!

2. petar123123

petar123123 MMORPG Addict

Credit: