1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Admin PMs

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by ogreman, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Overall, haven't minded PMs with members over the years and still don't. However, there have been many times when they have been abused. Sometimes they are meant to help a member but end up being ignored or misinterpreted. That said, here are some issues that will not likely receive a response:

1. Requesting something or trying to "cash out" while no longer posting at all. The biggest problem by far and one that has cost me a great deal of time.

2. Going inactive to the point of losing a reward and being given a heads up about it. As a whole I need to stop PMing to help on this one. If needed, will just have to remove the group or medal and leave it up to the member to get it back if they still want it.

3. Hasn't happened in a while, but please don't PM me about somebody else in an Event. One time there was like four people constantly complaining about one person instead of just focusing on their own participation:). To make a long story short, none of those members are still here and none won that Event. Thus, may not respond to PMs like that. If I do, it will be one time only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.