1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Admin PMs

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by ogreman, May 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Just a quick thread on this to help with this going forward.

When you should PM me.

1. When it is very important for the forum or site.
    2. When the info should not be known by everybody else.
    3. When you are responding to an email from me where I ask you a question.
    4. When buying from the shop or moving points to the blog as an active community member.

When you don't have to PM me.

1. In response to just giving you a code.
    2. In response to the welcome email.

When you should not PM me.

1. To ask for a freebie.
    2. To complain about the time it takes to earn points.
    3. When you no longer post here. Barely have time for the people that are here.
    4. To ask about something so basic its painful like how to post on the forum. Yes, been asked that many times. 99% of the basic questions you can find the answer easily by simply reading the thread:). If not in the thread, it is most likely in Ogres Hall or the support forum (where this thread is).
    5. To inform me I made a mistake in a forum game and missed them when handing out points etc. We have a lot of forum games as well as other things such as Ogre Adventures and Events, so please avoid doing that because this can be real bad if it continues.
    6. Starting a long back and forth PM exchange because don't have the time for it. For example, do not ask another question after I answer the first.
    7. Do not PM me for something you want just because you see me online doing my daily rounds and you want to get something right then. This is one that have learned to be the hardest on because it can and has been abused the most. This one you can be clubbed for, especially if the PM is sarcastic or insulting.
    8. Do not PM about banned members.
    9. Something you saw on Social Media.

Ok, hopefully this will help for this future. Overall, it is actually one of the better times despite a problem every once and while. The occasional problem PMs are usually from members who been here a minute or members looking to get something afters months or years without being here. Also, had a few that have just went over everything in forum games and then PMed me as soon as I left the thread! Thus, do not expect a response if PMing me about forum games:).

Alright, wanted to clear this up this week after there was a case I had to club somebody for doing #7. Please uses this as a reference if deciding whether to PM me or not:).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Without getting into a history lesson and keeping it as positive as possible, adding PMs about outside social media (Twitter, Facebook etc) posts to the list of what not to PM the admin:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.