1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Age of Wushu

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by shugo, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I saw this advertisement of the Age of Wushu. The graphics look nice and has made me curious. Has anyone played this game? What is the gameplay like?

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Hey Shugo, that game looks good:). Think Buzzsaw may play he nominated since it nominated it for Best Game of the Month. Are you going to try it? Would love a great game for Ogre Game Time:).

3. shugo

Credit:
    I think, I may try that game, but i don't know when.

The trouble is that I don't have time to play at all this week and hardly any time next week.

On tuesday (that's tomorrow) i have a meeting with a client in Groningen who wants to startup a modeling agency. Wednesday i have meeting with a translator in Leeuwarden. Thursday I have a meeting with a graphical designer in Menaldum. Friday and saturday I'm finishing a website for an elementary school. Sunday the 21st and the 28th I have volunteer work. Monday evening the 22nd I have a business meeting in a cafe in Leeuwarden. Tuesday and wednesday I need time to discuss a Content Management System with 3 dieticians. Thursday the 25th i have a meeting with a business lady where i want to discuss a marketing plan. Saturday the 27th is my birthday. Tuesday the 30th is Queen's day in the netherlands and this year it's not your regular holiday in the Netherlands. Prince William Alexander wil be crowned King this year. His mommy the current Queen Beatrix will abdicate in his favor and become Princess Beatrix.

So I may have some spare time on the 26th of april or the 29th of april at earliest, but I highly doubt I will have some spare time, because I'll probably be busy constructing websites on those days.

You'll probably looking at the month of may when I'll have some to play this game.

I still want to renew my old game Shugo. I want to make it a bit more third-person kind of adventure type browser based game combined with a team based real time strategy game. It's going to have a new sleak interface with a new map. A grandiose and spectular kind of map that uses the built-in php gd library to fetch the color code of a single pixel coordinate that renders the local environment accordingly. I want to render a 3D environment with Java or WebGL or Flash or SVG. Complete with Japanese style castles, dense forests and ricepaddies. The map is 690 pixels by 690 pixels. That's 476100 grids (yeah that's how big). About 20% of that map will be land, which leaves 95220 grids of land. Those grids can contain forests, ricepaddies, mountains, harbours, market towns, castles, temples, post towns, flower towns etcetera. In other words it will be an enormous map of medieval Japan.

Well at least that's my plan. The trouble with Java is that you force the user to download a graphical package, which means it won't actually be completely browser based. With WebGL you don't have to force users to download, but the problem with WebGL is that it doesn't work with the browser Internet Explorer. SVG has similar issues as WebGL and is probably not that ideally suited for 3D. Both Flash and Java are not that easily combined with php. Either way it will likely mean that i'll have to learn some Java or WebGL. WebGL is basically Javascript with an XML like structure. Since I already know some Javascript and XML, I'm leaning towards the use of WebGL at the moment. But this is a long-term plan. It's probably going to take months till it's finished.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
  4. shugo

Credit:
    Anyhow Age of Wushu has me intrigued. The graphics look a bit like Uncharted Waters Online. That game has really nice graphics, but UWO sometimes lacks action. It's a game that looks great, but when you're sailing across the sea for several minutes just to get to next port it becomes a bit boring and tedious. Because Age of Wushu appears to be more of a fighting game, I think it may have more action in it. Mount & Blade on the other hand has lots of action and nice graphics, but the gameplay is a bit akward sometimes.

I hope this Age of Wushu is a bit more of a mix between Mount & Blade Warband and Uncharted Waters Online, because that will be an excellent game indeed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
  5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Don't why I thought this was a browser game lol. Anyway, downloading it now to give it a try:). It is a 7 GB download.

6. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Did you dl it? I tried, but it asked me to insert a disc??????

7. deadplayer

deadplayer Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Age of Wushu MMO With No Levels, No Classes

No levels, no classes! That sounds interesting. That's the new MMO - Age of Wushu.

[​IMG]

Age of Wushu is a new martial arts-themed MMORPG directly from China's Snail Games Entertainment. The game covers 2,000 years of ancient Chinese Wuxia tradition, and boasts six unique character story arcs, allowing players to become real heroes in their own stories. With an innovative combat system, the absence of classes and a plethora of colorful historical locations, there is much to see and do in Age of Wushu.

Official Site: http://www.ageofwushu.com/

Key Features:
    No Levels, No Classes
    Random NPC Encounter System
    8 Martial Arts Schools
    Counter Combat System
    Solid Kung-fu Action
    Freeform Progression
    8 Iconic Martial Arts Schools
    Life Skills System
    Open-world PvP
    Aerial Combat
    32 Guild Sites
    5000 Equipment Types
    17 Professions
    30 Offline Activities
    6 Unique Story Lines

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
  8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Threads combined:).

9. shugo

Credit:
    I figured as much. That kind of graphics has to be a download.

10. hack10

hack10 Ogre Star Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    pay to win, it seems

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    It has been released in stores. Apparently, it has a retail version.

12. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Agreed :(. I won't pay to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.